Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The Arsenal game is going to be huge, losses against City and Liverpool and a draw against Chelsea, we need 3 points there and against Fulham in the next game to get confidence back up.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Didn't Januzaj make a killer pass out to Evra before the goal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Win our next 2 games would be huge.

Beating Arsenal is a must imo to finally make our mark in the season.

That was Michael "killer pass" Carrick iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

The Arsenal game is going to be huge, losses against City and Liverpool and a draw against Chelsea, we need 3 points there and against Fulham in the next game to get confidence back up.

from here until the Everton game defines our season and dare i say it, Moyes united Career. on current form, i can see us dropping points in 3, probably 4 of these games and if we do, our chances of winning the league are gone and finishing in the top 4 gets slimmer and slimmer.

realistically, we can only afford to drop probably 2 points between here and Christmas and the team is not playing well enough to get anything near that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Every time Januzaj got the ball he was double marked. Speaks volumes really.

November
    (A) Fulham
    (H) Arsenal
    (A) Cardiff

December
    (A) Spurs
    (H) Everton
    (H) Newcastle
    (A) Villa
    (H) West Ham
    (A) Hull
    (A) Norwich

30 points to be taken there until the 1st of January. We should really be winning those last 5 games in December, should be aiming for 35-40 points before the new year to be still in with a shot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Every time Januzaj got the ball he was double marked. Speaks volumes really.

About him or the rest of the team?

November
    (A) Fulham
    (H) Arsenal
    (A) Cardiff

December
    (A) Spurs
    (H) Everton
    (H) Newcastle
    (A) Villa
    (H) West Ham
    (A) Hull
    (A) Norwich

in bold is what I think we will get from those games. I think we will lose 1 being Spurs. 21 points.(if i calculated right)

(A) Fulham win
    (H) Arsenal win
    (A) Cardiff draw

December
    (A) Spurs lose
    (H) Everton draw
    (H) Newcastle win
    (A) Villa win
    (H) West Ham win
    (A) Hull win
    (A) Norwich draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

I think he did. He gave one fantastic sweeping ball out to Evra. Not sure if it was the same one.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

On current form we will not beat Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Id actually be more confident playing away at the moment personally, we're ridiculously open when playing at home and apart from the City game we've been relatively tight at the back in away games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Next few games:

david
    rafael-smalling-evans-evra
    adnan-carrick-fellaini-(zaha-nani-kag-val-young)
    rooney-rvp

Would be able for most teams I think, and as good as United can field right now. It seemed to be that City dominated United so much in the game earlier was because Nasri played so well. The CM's had wide players to give the ball to and helped them all push forward, with Fernandinho able to stay back as cover.

Whatever about the CM's, if United don't have wingers who can take the ball forward then they will continue to struggle. I know lots of people have faith in Nani and Kagawa, but so far this season, with the exception of Adnan, I think United wingers have failed to perform and play their part in helping the CM's and the team overall.

For me, if the two wide players, whoever they may be, can start performing, then we should see the United of old on a more consistent basis.

The wingers could have been playing out of their skin and we still would have not faired any better in some games, we badly need a plan B.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Nani got terrible support from the crowd on saturday
    very poor from the fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

MD1990 wrote: »
    Nani got terrible support from the crowd on saturday
    very poor from the fans

It was boo-urns

The wingers could have been playing out of their skin and we still would have not faired any better in some games, we badly need a plan B.

It seemed clear on Saturday that when Adnan came on, who is playing out of his skin what a difference an in form winger can make. Stoke won the first 60 minutes 2-1, had lots of chances and should have scored more. United won the last last 30 minutes 2-0 and Stoke had few chances. Nani, along with the Smalling, Cleverley, let Stoke stroll through for the first goal. Nani gave away the ball easily in midfield another time and Stoke had a good chance through on goal. Kagawa kept coming infield and offered even less than Nani. Lots of players have been making mistakes, but I think the wingers have not been delivering most of all.

would expect alot of changes for the Norwich game...Zaha surely has to start, with Fabio, buttner and a few more like Anderson, Giggs, Welbeck and Hernandez coming in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

in bold is what I think we will get from those games. I think we will lose 1 being Spurs. 21 points.(if i calculated right)

(A) Fulham win
    (H) Arsenal win
    (A) Cardiff draw

December
    (A) Spurs lose
    (H) Everton draw
    (H) Newcastle win
    (A) Villa win
    (H) West Ham win
    (A) Hull win
    (A) Norwich draw
    Spurs aren't exactly brimming with confidence either. And some of those games are 2 months away:eek: Bit early for the predictions no?

would expect alot of changes for the Norwich game...Zaha surely has to start, with Fabio, buttner and a few more like Anderson, Giggs, Welbeck and Hernandez coming in.

Moyes is giving big hints at Zaha going on loan in January; has he even been in a mtach day sqaud yet? Would love to see him start, and have him convince Moyes to keep him around due to starring performances.

Anyone know why Fellaini had the op delayed but still being kept on the bench?

• Advertisement

THFC wrote: »
    Spurs aren't exactly brimming with confidence either. And some of those games are 2 months away:eek: Bit early for the predictions no?

Never too early.:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Headshot wrote: »
    It was boo-urns
    yes as i said
    terrible support

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

MD1990 wrote: »
    yes as i said
    terrible support

Wosssssssh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Fletcher in the squad for the u21's tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,291 ✭✭✭eclectichoney

Fletcher starts for U21s this eve! \o/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    About him or the rest of the team?

Both. His danger, and how teams like Stoke are not worried about our other players nearly as much as an 18 year old with less than 5 PL appearances.

fletcher looks sharp (only 4 mins in)

anybody have a link to the U21 game, pm me please....

anybody have a link to the U21 game, pm me please....

done

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Zaha could get a start against Norwich according to The Guardian,hopefully he impresses as Moyes is hinting at a loan move away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

That's terrible defending from the corner. It has been all Fulham from what I've seen so far.

Mars Bar wrote: »
    That's terrible defending from the corner. It has been all Fulham from what I've seen so far.

back in it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

back in it now.

With a tiny stroke of luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Mars Bar wrote: »
    With a tiny stroke of luck!

No so much luck about the second one!

Maybe one day we will see that for Ireland.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Did Fletcher play the full ninety?

How did he do?

XX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Warren Joyce was full of praise for him after the game. Called his display selfless, said he'd be involved against Norwich in some capacity.

Warren Joyce was full of praise for him after the game. Called his display selfless, said he'd be involved against Norwich in some capacity.

2 games in 24 hours after being out for so long?!

i doubt it!!

Maybe with Fletcher coming back we don't need any midfield signings

*runs*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Maybe with Fletcher coming back we don't need any midfield signings

*runs*

If i knew how to insert a facepalm pic i would :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Well................it will be like having a new signing I guess............................

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

Delighted to see fletcher back playing albeit at reserve level. He s the type of player you would have to love for his effort and committment and he comes across as a no **** kind of fella. Some dedication and desire to keep coming back from that illness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

Is the Norwich game on any station tonight?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I'm very surprised but happy to see Fletcher coming back, I always said we would have had a better final against Barca was he not suspended. Is it true the surgery he had has pretty much cured him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Fletcher back and Anderson out it seems,Daily Star going with Anderson out in Jan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Alpha Dog 1

PaddyCar wrote: »
    Is the Norwich game on any station tonight?

Not in this country, on MUTV from 11 I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,384 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

dahat wrote: »
    Fletcher back and Anderson out it seems,Daily Star going with Anderson out in Jan

Still don't think Fletcher will come back to the level required - even disregarding fitness, he hasn't played top level football in so long it will take a long time for him to get back to the required standard, if it ever happens.

Anderson going, while not in the least bit surprising, would leave us with Carrick, Fellaini and Cleverley, backed by Giggs and Fletcher. If we sell Anderson in January we HAVE to bring in a midfielder. Who, though, is the question.

Herrera would be an obvious target again I suppose, given we were in for him and he wouldn't be CL-tied.

As I have said before, I don't think being CL-tied should matter to us - but it probably will do to clubs and players we might otherwise be interested in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Great for Fletcher, but i dont think he will be the player he once was. Too long away from the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

As I have said before, I don't think being CL-tied should matter to us - but it probably will do to clubs and players we might otherwise be interested in.

The January window and the following i think will be used to get some in and shift the dead weight.Herrera and Baines look very likely in Jan by all accounts so Anderson can be moved in, 60k a week for dead weight needs to be sorted.

Player's who are CL tied will only be got in the Summer window i'd say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Not sure if posted already but Zaha likely to go on loan in January.
    BBC wrote:
    "We have to try to make sure he gets some playing time," Moyes told the United club website.
    "Unfortunately, we haven't done that with Wilf and, if it's still the case in January, we would look at it."

considering that so many of our players are off form and our wingers especially, its very surprising that Zaha is getting no game time.

the reality is, he must just not be doing enough behind the scenes in training to show he is ready, but the likes of Adnan have.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement