Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I hope januzaj is rested. He's only a kid and the pressure being put on him already is crazy. He needs to used sparingly this season - look at sterling for liverpool last season. I hope nani plays tonight and tries to put his last game behind him with a good performance

No way. I appreciate the caution, but it's absolutely clear that Adnan Januzaj is not only more talented, but more mentally tough than any other option we have. It didn't do Ryan Giggs any harm having a big role in the first team as a teenager, and Adnan has earned his. He only played 30 mins against Stoke too, and it was no coincidence that those were the 30 mins in which we won the match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

v3ttel wrote: »
    Is the match on TV tonight? If not, could someone drop me a PM

Me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    No way. I appreciate the caution, but it's absolutely clear that Adnan Januzaj is not only more talented, but more mentally tough than any other option we have. It didn't do Ryan Giggs any harm having a big role in the first team as a teenager, and Adnan has earned his. He only played 30 mins against Stoke too, and it was no coincidence that those were the 30 mins in which we won the match.

I get where you're coming from too but it's a worry that he has so much pressure and expectation on his shoulders. There was a team of experienced players against stoke and it took a kid to give the boost needed to win. He got a good few tackles as well off stoke so personally i'd favour him taking the evening off and let some of the older players stand up and be counted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

Maybe it was introduction of Valencia at right back that changed the game. He only played 16 minutes against Stoke, and it was no coincidence that those were the 16mins in which we won the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

we won the match when Rooney dropped back deeper with Chico and RvP up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Or maybe a combination of some or all of these factors?

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

I thought Valencia did a decent job at RB. He is a decent option for that position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

We won the match when the ref blew the whistle and the scoreline was 3-2.

People are getting carried away, Jan is good but there's an air of Sterling with Liverpool the way he's being bigged up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Shane St. wrote: »
    What kind of team will we see tonight?
    Young and Welbeck will probably be involved so it's gonna be frustrating.
    Would love to see Januzaj, Zaha and Kagawa in a 3 behind Hernandez tonight.

If only...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

januzaj will gets lots of games this season, he just won't play 90 minutes on a regular basis this season.

The physical demands of the game re fitness, strength are levels above what was needed in 91 when Giggs was starting out. Also Giggs struggled with his hamstrings early in his career.

He will need to be minded and a game like tonight would be one of the better ones to give him a start as the intensity won't be as big as a league match but the quality of opposition will be good. Certainly an hour tonight would be good for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Manchester United starting XI: Lindegaard; Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Buttner, Zaha, Cleverley, Jones, Young, Januzaj, Hernandez

Looking forward to seeing Zaha light it up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

ElChe32 wrote: »
    Manchester United starting XI: Lindegaard; Rafael, Ferdinand, Vidic, Buttner, Zaha, Cleverley, Jones, Young, Januzaj, Hernandez

Match thread here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Clev and Jones in MF? This could go horribly wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

ElChe32 wrote: »

Love watching Janjuaz but agree with others he is young think he should have been rested don't want to burn him out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Love watching Janjuaz but agree with others he is young think he should have been rested don't want to burn him out.

He's played 30 mins in the last two games, don't really see how anyone could object to him starting here tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Is Fletcher on the bench?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

As far as I can see, since August Januzaj has played 5 under 21 games (full 90) and had 2 starts for the senior team and 5 sub appearances. That's considerably less than 90 minutes a week over nearly three months and most of it has been youth football. Talk of resting him doesn't make sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

My point on Janjuaz is i think with his performances he is going to be playing regularly. I would rather see him rested tonight and play Saturday. Very easy for young players to get burned out like Sterling last season.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Nuts102 wrote: »
    My point on Janjuaz is i think with his performances he is going to be playing regularly. I would rather see him rested tonight and play Saturday. Very easy for young players to get burned out like Sterling last season.

But he hasn't played very much. No reason why he couldn't play both games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Januzaj & Zaha.....exciting stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

This will be his 2nd ever start so not sure why people are talking about him getting burnt out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

RasTa wrote: »
    This will be his 2nd ever start so not sure why people are talking about him getting burnt out.

People look at the likes of Sterling and Oxlade-Chamberlin and see that it can be very easy for young players to be pushed too far too soon.

Fergie tended to manage his young players well, hopefully Moyes does the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Is Fletcher on the bench?

Nope

Giggs, Anderson, Fabio, Rooney and Amos are though

Not sure of other two

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Steel Dog

Trilla wrote: »
    Nope

Giggs, Anderson, Fabio, Rooney and Amos are though

Not sure of other two
    Smalling and Valencia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Januzaj just made an amazing run into the box and let a shot off, blocked but it was amazing solo play.

that'll be a gif!

• Advertisement

Great cross!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Surprising nobody here has mentioned Anderson today.

It looks like its bye bye if rumours mill is true.

Not surprised though if it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Not surprised, nor am I disappointed.

Which says it all really.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Wolfsburg interested in Kagawa also.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Thats a funny one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

I would prefer him to go there if he is to leave rather than dortmund and their "freeshinji" crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

I would prefer him to go there if he is to leave rather than dortmund and their "freeshinji" crap

its very cringy

Homer when Jones scored :pac:

SAF-Celebration.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

6 games unbeaten now. On a roll lads!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

when is the draw on for quarter final?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    when is the draw on for quarter final?

After the games tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

PaddyCar wrote: »
    6 games unbeaten now. On a roll lads!!

Quadruple still on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

That was grand.

Norwich were absolute muck. Whether they were set up negatively or their players just couldn't give a ****, the blueprint for success at Old Trafford this year seems to be pack the midfield and get forward, they sat off the whole game. Jones and Cleverley easily ran the midfield, Jones in particular had a very good game and took his goal brilliantly well. Januzaj is a star, he puts fear in defenders and his eye for a pass is a pisstake. Zaha showed glimpses of his raw ability to bear a man, but it's clear why he hasn't been featuring for us, he isn't quite there yet, perhaps a loan would be best for him in Jan.

Hopefully a nice easy draw for the quarters and then we can take the semi's seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

would like to see Januzaj pass a bit more/sooner. a few times tonight he was too intent on either shooting or looking for the pretty pass, when the simple pass beside him would have opened the game up. A minor quibble overall, really, but is something I have noticed. A part of his game that will develop, I am sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Epic photobomb!

BXxtmKhCEAEB3qq.jpg:large

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

The man just cannot help himself.

995539_10151779325542746_523465522_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

delighted with that result....6 unbeatan and its definately possible to go into Arsenal game with that at 8....

they play Dortmund away on the wednesday, so we have a slight advantage over them in that respect, plus we are at home, though of course they are in much better form than us.

4 away games in November, only one at home. Saturday is huge now, we will see if momentum is finally starting to go our way.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Headshot wrote: »
    its very cringy

Over a light hearted hashtag you don't want him joining a club?

Brilliant :D :pac:

Oh, and he won't be returning to Dortmund for the foreseeable future anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Epic photobomb!

BXxtmKhCEAEB3qq.jpg:large

For some reason I thought this was you Mars :P which would have been hilarious. Still funny though

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2479255/David-Moyes-photobombs-girls-photograph-Old-Trafford.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I think we might see fabio moving on in January which will be sad, he's proven that he can be as good as his brother but just had not had the chance in the last 2 years and has probably slipped to 3rd place LB.

His celebration last night compounded this a little, to be it seemed as if he was dejected in his celebration and almost saying goodbye

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

jameshayes wrote: »
    I think we might see fabio moving on in January which will be sad, he's proven that he can be as good as his brother but just had not had the chance in the last 2 years and has probably slipped to 3rd place LB.

His celebration last night compounded this a little, to be it seemed as if he was dejected in his celebration and almost saying goodbye

I really don't understand what Moyes has done with him this season.

I don't get why Smalling and Jones have been used ahead of him at right back (thought he did well enough there in his only other appearance this season), and he should be ahead of Buttner at left back as well.

Another player whose use confuses me this season (Kagawa, Zaha, Hernandez being others)

I don't get why Smalling and Jones have been used ahead of him at right back (thought he did well enough there in his only other appearance this season), and he should be ahead of Buttner at left back as well.

well going off how poor our football is, its no surprise, Moyes is focusing more on making us solid and is going for an aerial presence at the right of our defence.

Smalling should be playing Center back and thats it. Jones should be no where near right back unless we have an injury crisis as he simply cannot pass the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Headshot wrote: »
    its very cringy

crinji?

...I'll get my coat .....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'm a few chapters in to Fergie's book. Namedropping everywhere!

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm a few chapters in to Fergie's book. Namedropping everywhere!

fastest/best selling sports book ever apparently.

took at look at it over the weekend and the pages i read were about Ronaldinho. a £19million euro fee was agreed for signing him which was being funded by Beckhams sale.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement