Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That's got what to do with us exactly?

I miss the Hayley McQueen thread so any excuse to post 'football related';) pics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,383 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In fairness to her - I know she does go to Liverpool games fairly regularly - know a few of the lads on here and IrishKop have seen her at games (at least I am convinced they have said this is the case), so I wouldn't say she knows nothing about football.

I have no idea if she has any presenting skills, but good luck to her. Wonder if she will get a spot for Damo on the channel...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

68% into Fergies book and enjoying it so far. Surprised the Liverpool chapter caused so much controversy.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

zerks wrote: »
    Look who LFC TV have as a new host:

article-2479852-1912B31E00000578-702_634x1070.jpg

Not sure what Rosanna Davison knows about football (many said the same about Downing)

She's a pretty girl but she's in an awful state in that pic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

RasTa wrote: »
    68% into Fergies book and enjoying it so far. Surprised the Liverpool chapter caused so much controversy.

He could have had a page with just the word Liverpool on it and they would be swinging from tree's about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

beakerjoe wrote: »
    Shes an awful yoke!
    Eh, no. No.... She's not.....

zerks wrote: »
    I miss the Hayley McQueen thread so any excuse to post 'football related';) pics.

Just in case anyone, you know, doesn't know who zerks is talking about here. Save time googling and stuff..... Ahem.
    ;)

8132_100473526639106_5830973_n.jpg

Yeah. Just in case.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

That's got what to do with us exactly?

its a welcome post for those of us who appreciate a good looking woman.

id rather look at her, than pics of phil jones face to be honest though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I don't get with people saying it's hard to blood in two young wingers at the same time. United play 50+ games a season it's perfectly fine to play both. If they are both still raw they don't need to play together that often. Zaha showed last night he deserves some matches even if it's starting off with coming from the bench. Considering our wingers performances i can't see how anybody could see it being good for him to go on loan.

I think people are really making a big deal out of Zaha being raw. It's not like he is a reserve player or an unknown player coming from a different country. He has played 126 senior games for Palace in a very tough league and played for England under 21's. He has speed and tricks and is a handful for defenders considering our lack of creativity i think he deserves a chance. Would rather throw in a young hungry player than somebody like Young and Valencia who have shown their not up to much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Some of us actually have girlfriends instead.

My point was, what has she got to do with Man Utd?

I don't give a sh1t like. I was just wondering.

• Advertisement

Where else was I going to post it? I'm not going to brighten up that other crowds day by posting it in their thread.

article-2306398-19309729000005DC-124_306x423.jpg

article-2479852-1912F93300000578-890_634x896.jpgarticle-2306398-19309729000005DC-124_306x423.jpg

Actually, I take it back, she's in rag order.

errm right, good for you lad though didnt realise having a perv ended when single life ended then. better take down my posters of Pamela Anderson and Kylie Minogue before the missus gets home from work.

absolutely f*ck all. and i dont think many people have a problem with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

jaysus whats going on with her stomach there?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

You do have to wonder just how poor Zaha has been in training that Moyes has not used him all this season until last night? From pre-season he looked electric whenever he played, but for some reason Moyes preferred Young and Valencia, there must have been some reason behind the scenes?

I don't buy the kid thing by the way. That isn't enough when the player has over 100 hundred senior appearances, and also a combination of the senior wingers being ****ing dire and Moyes seemingly happy to give an even younger winger game time.

(Can you tell I am over 12 years old and don't particularly care about page 3 style pictures in a football thread?)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

jaysus whats going on with her stomach there?

Obliques bro, do you even lift?

errm right, good for you lad though didnt realise having a perv ended when single life ended then. better take down my posters of Pamela Anderson and Kylie Minogue before the missus gets home from work.

absolutely f*ck all. and i dont think many people have a problem with it.

I don't have a problem either kid. I was asking a question.

Sooooo,onto the Fulham game,they couldn't even beat Leicester last night & Jol has been give the "vote of confidence".
    Reckon we should go all out & hammer them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Just cause you drive a ford doesn't mean you can't look at a Ferrari.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Hopefully we finally click in the Fulham game, we should be thrashing that Fulham side with the players we have.

Knowing us though we'll concede early and have to do the usual.

Just hope their is no chances taking like against West Brom with the likes of Buttner playing. Send out a full team score a few keep our form up into the Arsenal game.

BX19YouCEAAd1Nr.jpg

Fabio on Instagram last night: "This club changed my life and the life of my family."

Ignore the daft comments below the pic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Football is such a funny game. Fabio the better prospect but raf has made it

Headshot wrote: »
    Football is such a funny game. Fabio the better prospect but raf has made it

indeed. you can use loads of examples like that. look at the likes of O Shea, Brown, Fletcher etc etc - dozens of better players failed where they were successful.

alot of it is down to hard work and luck imo, Fabio for instance seems very brittle and picks up alot of injuries.

BX19YouCEAAd1Nr.jpg

Fabio on Instagram last night: "This club changed my life and the life of my family."

Ignore the daft comments below the pic.
    That's a great pic, it really did seem like he was saying goodbye in fairness.

Jones did "the face" as he scored last night.

BX1AfrECMAAj0rU.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Complaining about pics of scantily clad weemin. This thread has reached a new low

this is how the draw is shaping up at the moment -
    1. Chelsea
    2. Stoke
    3. West Ham
    4. Leceister
    5. United
    6. City
    7. Hull/Spurs
    8. Sunderland/Southampton.

Leceister away is the preferred choice followed by West Ham and Stoke away. would be nice to have City and Chelsea play each other for once and we get a decent draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The twins being split up? :(

Why isn't Fabio being given a chance? It's almost impossible for him to be worse defensively than Buttner.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

Homer what games are those flights for?

United away to Stoke in 1/4 final.

City of course get the easier game.

all set up for Us, City, Chelsea and Spurs in semis, unless Hull can knock out spurs now on penalties.

wouldnt mind doing Stoke away, great place to watch a game and we will get the entire stand for this one, will be a cracker.
    F.J. wrote: »
    Homer what games are those flights for?

Everton and Donetsk...gone up a few quid, but still really really cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Stoke meh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,592 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

all set up for Us, City, Chelsea and Spurs in semis, unless Hull can knock out spurs now on penalties.

Spurs win 8-7 on pens

The Sun claims we want to sell Rafael...... Lolololololol

The Sun claims we want to sell Rafael...... Lolololololol

not having it at all. Would make no sense. the worst lie the sun have ever told.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

not having it at all. Would make no sense. the worst lie the sun have ever told.

Big statement there!

kryogen wrote: »
    Big statement there!

Thatsthejoke.ptj

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

I would hate to see Rafael leave and would prefer to see fabio get more chances ahead of the likes of Buttner and Jones (at rb) but it wouldn't surprise me if he was to leave purely on account of the lack of opportunities for his brother, I would imagine they come as a pair.

I imagine it would open up the possibility of Coleman to United, it would be nice to have an Irish lad in the team again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I think unless something drastic happens Fabio will be on his way back to Brazil or maybe Spain or Portugal? either in January or in the summer, afaik his contract is up this year?

ericzeking wrote: »
    I would hate to see Rafael leave and would prefer to see fabio get more chances ahead of the likes of Buttner and Jones (at rb) but it wouldn't surprise me if he was to leave purely on account of the lack of opportunities for his brother, I would imagine they come as a pair.

I imagine it would open up the possibility of Coleman to United, it would be nice to have an Irish lad in the team again.

I would doubt that to be honest - they can't make their careers based on the two playing together, imo. They have spoken about that in the past as well - saying they are well aware their careers could take different paths at some point and they are prepared for that. Raf has said he grew up a lot with Fabio out on loan, integrated more to the United team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Fabio has the same problem as quite a few players at United to be honest, he simply needs to get a run of games.

Its not an issue of quality imo, this is a guy that has already played a great season in the first team culminating in a Champions league final. But he has been shifted from pillar to post since, and like Nani we don't actually know what his form is like at the minute, he hasn't played enough games to even have form!

Its hard to understand. We see Phil Jones and Buttner at full back far more than the guy who played a champions league final. We see Young and Valencia struggling to go past a defender even without the ball, while Zaha can't get on the field at all. It would be interesting to know what is happening behind the scenes with these players.

Its hard to understand. We see Phil Jones and Buttner at full back far more than the guy who played a champions league final. We see Young and Valencia struggling to go past a defender even without the ball, while Zaha can't get on the field at all. It would be interesting to know what is happening behind the scenes with these players.

my own inkling is that Fergie had a big influence on Moyes at the start and these are stuck in Moyes ways now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

We see Young and Valencia struggling to go past a defender even without the ball, while Zaha can't get on the field at all. It would be interesting to know what is happening behind the scenes with these players.

Also, if I'm not mistaken when Fabio was the original hot prospect of the pair he was a midfield player and a goalscoring one at that, in the right circumstances I wouldn't mind seeing him given at least a shot on the wing. My patience has run out with Valencia and Young doesn't look like rediscovering his form.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

ericzeking wrote: »
    Young doesn't look like rediscovering his form.

didn't know he had form to start with?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

jameshayes wrote: »

Could be referring to the form that got him signed for Man Utd

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

“All joking aside, at the end of the day I won’t be negative about Alex Ferguson because he gave me the chance to live my dream. I’m not going to sit here and be negative about a man who gave me a chance to play for my boyhood team, who I always dreamt of playing for.
    “He gave me the chance to do that, he believed in me and believed in the rest of the young lads who came through this with us. I was lucky to play under Sir Alex Ferguson for 12 years and he’s truly the best.”

When I joined Manchester United I never wanted to leave them, when they told me they were going to sell me was the first time I spoke to Real Madrid,” he said.
    “I knew my dream was over and I had to speak to another team. I couldn’t watch United for two years, I was that gutted. It was that difficult to leave
    If only all players were like him.
    i love you david beckham.:P

Before they arrived am i right in saying Fabio played at lb. Giving the fact Butner is nowhere near good enough to take over from Evra it's surprising Fabio has not been given games. I was so excited about Fabio after his performances a few years ago. Rafael has been brilliant and Evra has come back to form but the run of performances by Fabio a few years ago is the best i have seen from a full back since Evra was at his best years ago.

To be honest i doubt Fabio will go back to Brazil he is more than good enough to start building his career with a midtable side in England.

jameshayes wrote: »

Young done very well with Villa and started well with United. But in the past year or so he has been very poor just like Valencia. He has had a lot of niggling injuries that didn't help but he has not been terrible for United.

“All joking aside, at the end of the day I won’t be negative about Alex Ferguson because he gave me the chance to live my dream. I’m not going to sit here and be negative about a man who gave me a chance to play for my boyhood team, who I always dreamt of playing for.
    “He gave me the chance to do that, he believed in me and believed in the rest of the young lads who came through this with us. I was lucky to play under Sir Alex Ferguson for 12 years and he’s truly the best.”

When I joined Manchester United I never wanted to leave them, when they told me they were going to sell me was the first time I spoke to Real Madrid,” he said.
    “I knew my dream was over and I had to speak to another team. I couldn’t watch United for two years, I was that gutted. It was that difficult to leave
    If only all players were like him.
    i love you david beckham.:P

Really hate that crap from Beckham.

He is either lying, or never had the affection for United that he claimed.

It took him 18 MONTHS to discuss, negotiate and agree the last contract he signed at United. He signed for Madrid about 36 hours after the bid from them was accepted. Even if you backdate his discussions with them to the moment we accepted a bid from barcelona it would still be but a tiny fraction of the time his discussions with United took.

I will never believe him when he says he never wanted to leave United and didn't start speaking to Madrid til after we were officially selling him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement