Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭superfurry1

Still golden balls in my eyes........ thats how i roll :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Nuts102 wrote: »
    but he has not been terrible for United.

most fans would disagree to be honest, he has been very disappointing signing.

£16million and no goals in 19 months and feck all assists also.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

OV5aJUw.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

most fans would disagree to be honest, he has been very disappointing signing.

£16million and no goals in 19 months and feck all assists also.

Yes i know i said he has been poor recently. That still doesn't take away from the fact of what i said he started well for United in his first season 6 goals 9 assists in 25 games i would class as good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Young done very well with Villa and started well with United. But in the past year or so he has been very poor just like Valencia. He has had a lot of niggling injuries that didn't help but he has not been terrible for United.

Disagree with the 2nd part. He was good at Villa, but when he got to united, oppositions didn't expect his style of play and he popped in a few goals. As soon as they understood the way he worked, he was pointless.

He is still one of the best crossers, but not much else.

The same thing happened to hernandez, opposition adapted and pushed him from the game - but he done what young has failed to do, he adapted his game, improved his short play and is now a more rounded, unpredictable player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

I really don't understand why we persist playing Young on the left, when he is far better on the right. His right footed outswinging crosses are far more dangerous and he doesn't have to cut back to position himself either. Anything good he has done has generally come from the right.

I really don't understand why we persist playing Young on the left, when he is far better on the right. His right footed outswinging crosses are far more dangerous and he doesn't have to cut back to position himself either. Anything good he has done has generally come from the right.

The same reason Nani spent a lot of time on the left when better on the right. Valencia being so one footed means he can only play on the right.

The same reason Nani spent a lot of time on the left when better on the right. Valencia being so one footed means he can only play on the right.

was it the liverpool we played giggs on the right and young on the left?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I'm a few chapters in to Fergie's book. Namedropping everywhere!

Is it worth buying???Got his first one,have a certain ambivalence when it comes to buying it as it appears all the salacious tit bits are out in the public domain already.In addition,disappointed in Fergie for apparently wanting to make a quick buck and demonstrating a total lack of loyalty to players who served him so well and of whom he would have expected unquestioned loyalty.
    He could have waited a few years and let the new manager bed himself in.Still love Fergie!!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

jameshayes wrote: »
    didn't know he had form to start with?

Yes he was an excellent player with Villa and was very good initially for us. Then he started to get niggles and was in and out of the team and the whole thing went to pot.
    I still don't think he is a bad player but more of a squad option.

• Advertisement

Ye i think so i can't remember the last time i seen Young on the right. What do people think for the weekend.

DDG

Raf Vidic Evans Evra

Carrick Fellaini

Janjuaz Rooney Kagawa

RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Fabio was a danger to norwich in the cup when he played on the wing. He scored 1 and was nearly in a second time after that. That's a lot more than young did before him. I would prefer him and zaha as options on the bench rather than valencia and young who offer little or nothing as subs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

seligehgit wrote: »
    Is it worth buying???Got his first one,have a certain ambivalence when it comes to buying it as it appears all the salacious tit bits are out in the public domain already.In addition,disappointed in Fergie for apparently wanting to make a quick buck and demonstrating a total lack of loyalty to players who served him so well and of whom he would have expected unquestioned loyalty.
    He could have waited a few years and let the new manager bed himself in.Still love Fergie!!:D

I think if I'd never read it, it wouldn't bother me. It's not ground breaking. A lot of, "he's a great fella, him".

Mars Bar wrote: »
    I think if I'd never read it, it wouldn't bother me. It's not ground breaking. A lot of, "he's a great fella, him".

its pretty amazing though when you read through and you see how much stuff the media actually get right or in other words, just how much of what gets reported on from behind the scenes is actually true.

id say if there are 100 things in the book, about 80 of them were already reported in some form, by somebody.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,754 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

its pretty amazing though when you read through and you see how much stuff the media actually get right or in other words, just how much of what gets reported on from behind the scenes is actually true.

id say if there are 100 things in the book, about 80 of them were already reported in some form, by somebody.

Ah there's probably alot of stuff in there that Fergie has denied and other things hes reluctant to speak about.

our fixture list is very very unbalanced this year. i know there are cup games involved of course, but at the moment its like this -

4 home games in a row just over.
    5 of next 6 games are away from home.
    then 3 in a row at home.
    followed by 4 away games out of 5.
    then 3 of the next 4 are at home.

would be very worried about the 2 runs of away games, something like that is not normal to happen twice in season.i think Saturday December 7th will be the day when we know more about how our season is shaping up and if Moyes is the man for the job. by then we will either be back in the title race, or out of it for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Never noticed that with the fixtures,I thought they'd be rotated with home game one week & away the next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

zerks wrote: »
    Never noticed that with the fixtures,I thought they'd be rotated with home game one week & away the next.

They have to be rotated with City's games in mind too so it gets quite complicated i'd imagine! i wouldn't want to be in charge of that anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Steve Staunton picked the team that night.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

zerks wrote: »

They are with the league. No more that 2 in a row home or away. However when you add in cup ties and CL you get the longer runs. 4 of the 5 games in November are away, but this includes 2 away matches in the CL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Complaining about pics of scantily clad weemin. This thread has reached a new low

Woodward's fault, didn't get hotter birds

our hottest fan has got herself an FHM shoot on the back of the pics she posted of herself on her twitter page a few months back.

23311541242938879988n70.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 755 ✭✭✭sea_monkey

hottest fan?
    thats not rachel riley

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

sea_monkey wrote: »
    hottest fan?
    thats not rachel riley

She gives me wood-ward.

RachMain-634x365.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

And don't forget Alex Morgan

alex-morgan.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Rachel for me

but I would not kick any of them out of bed for farting

sea_monkey wrote: »
    hottest fan?
    thats not rachel riley
    Keno wrote: »
    She gives me wood-ward.

Speaking of countdown, this was yesterday's countdown conundrum.

http://imgur.com/gn98E7a (Boards won't seem to link the picture so link only)

There is a word there to be made out of all nine letters, lets see who can get it first and no cheating/googling

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Speaking of countdown, this was yesterday's countdown conundrum.

http://imgur.com/gn98E7a (Boards won't seem to link the picture so link only)

There is a word there to be made out of all nine letters, lets see who can get it first and no cheating/googling

VAN!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

P E R V A S I O N

Pervasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

It spells the name of the Irish lad

Van O Persi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Ah know him well.

P E R V A S I O N

Pervasion

We have a winner

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

More talk of Man Utd going for Will Hughes in January.

Heard he was a Liverpool fan, is that right? might make signing him difficult if so.

More talk of Man Utd going for Will Hughes in January.

Heard he was a Liverpool fan, is that right? might make signing him difficult if so.

just like the difficulty we had we Arsenal fan Zaha, liverpool fan Solskjaer, liverpool fan O'Shea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

A few teams would be after Hiughea, but haven't United got enough prospects at this stage? Zaha & Januzaj, likes of Powell out on loan. Need to go out and buy some established players I would have thought.

In saying that with so few I options in midfield and Anderson not making NY impact at all maybe its worth bringing players with potential.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

Alright lads, just curious for a United perspective on Kevin Strootman who was heavily linked with ye for a long time. He joined Roma from Psv and is playing brilliantly with them as they just won their tenth game on the trot. I think he would have been a brilliant signing for ye (or anyone really)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Alright lads, just curious for a United perspective on Kevin Strootman who was heavily linked with ye for a long time. He joined Roma from Psv and is playing brilliantly with them as they just won their tenth game on the trot. I think he would have been a brilliant signing for ye (or anyone really)

OK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

we should have signed messi when he was 5. look how good he has become

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

we should have signed messi when he was 5. look how good he has become

Very clever

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

In fairness, the strootman signing was one we really couldn't lose on for a variety of reasons. Very annoying we pulled out of it.

Nothing we can so about it now though :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

CMRx3.gif

jCQJt.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

I'd be more worried about Hughes' EDL leanings than him being a fan of Liverpool to be honest. Not that we need to sign him either way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

Well said. **** the haters, let the man speak.

It's the only transfer I'd directly blame Moyes and Woodward for failing in this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭TonyD79

When his name was mentioned on here during the summer the general feeling was that he wasnt what we needed as in too carrick like. Saying that I would rather have another Carrick than what we already have. Woodward said we signed the first central midfielder in 6 years in Fellani which is pretty shocking.Would Fergie have signed one this summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

I'd be more worried about Hughes' EDL leanings than him being a fan of Liverpool to be honest. Not that we need to sign him either way.

Hard to believe that any bright young lad would want to associate themselves with the EDL. He wouldn't look too bright if those links turned out to be true.

Having a wonderful time reading SAF's Auto Biography.

At present on a chapter where he is discussing Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves and Bebe. Bebe has been no doubt the most interesting read so far.

He indicates Bebe is the only player he signed without seeing first, but trusted his scout, and had no fabrications about what was coming. A homeless boy, playing in the homeless leagues, was signed up by a second division side, but came onto the clubs Portuguese scouting network. Bought with the pure intention that he would be a player that would develop later then most, but has the talent to easily bag 20 goals a season, tremendous feet and strike.

Indicates he obviously struggles with playing on a full pitch, obviously due to limitations of how he grew up playing football. But Fergie seems to have no problems giving him time, and says he had no intention of selling him, knowing this was a work in progress, and rewards would come in time.

His analysis of Nani is top notch as well. You can tell he had no intention of selling him, and that all Nani needs is to realise he is not and will not be Ronaldo, and appreciate his own strengths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

TheDoc wrote: »

SPOILERS dude, spoilers!!!
    arseballs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

TheDoc wrote: »

I liked the part where he said
    Thiago was as good as Cleverley and that he may have slightly overpaid for Young.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement