Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

i think i already posted it, but apparently Bebe is the most Skillful player at United according to the other players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Can't wait for the Fulhum game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fall_Guy

TheDoc wrote: »
    Having a wonderful time reading SAF's Auto Biography.

His analysis of Nani is top notch as well. You can tell he had no intention of selling him, and that all Nani needs is to realise he is not and will not be Ronaldo, and appreciate his own strengths.

Have to say I don't agree with this bit....the man mentions Nani's aerial ability as one of his main strengths....other than the fact that he is very good at acrobatics I can't say his aerial ability is something that has ever stood out to me about the guy...he is very small for starters, and unlike Chicharito who uses terrific movement to get on the end of crosses with his head in the box, Nani isn't normally in these positions...am I missing something?? Seemed such a strange comment from Fergie to me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,432 ✭✭✭secman

TheDoc wrote: »
    Having a wonderful time reading SAF's Auto Biography.

At present on a chapter where he is discussing Nani, Anderson, Hargreaves and Bebe. Bebe has been no doubt the most interesting read so far.

He indicates Bebe is the only player he signed without seeing first, but trusted his scout, and had no fabrications about what was coming. A homeless boy, playing in the homeless leagues, was signed up by a second division side, but came onto the clubs Portuguese scouting network. Bought with the pure intention that he would be a player that would develop later then most, but has the talent to easily bag 20 goals a season, tremendous feet and strike.

Indicates he obviously struggles with playing on a full pitch, obviously due to limitations of how he grew up playing football. But Fergie seems to have no problems giving him time, and says he had no intention of selling him, knowing this was a work in progress, and rewards would come in time.

His analysis of Nani is top notch as well. You can tell he had no intention of selling him, and that all Nani needs is to realise he is not and will not be Ronaldo, and appreciate his own strengths.

Have no intention of buying it, very annoyed with SAF, no need to release yet another regurgigated biography. Not impressed with the snippets thus far......as far as Nani goes......... nuff said. Half a dozen lines on the biggest single factor that ended up with Glaziers indebting MUFC to the hilt....... rock of bleedin Gilbraltor...........

Secman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

i think i already posted it, but apparently Bebe is the most Skillful player at United according to the other players.

He's no Rémi Gaillard! Or maybe he is! If he is he could make a name for himself on youtube! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 862 ✭✭✭unplayable

carrick out of game tomorrow. know for a fact. disaster. will have to be fellani and cleverly so center mids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

unplayable wrote: »
    carrick out of game tomorrow. know for a fact. disaster. will have to be fellani and cleverly so center mids
    Er... source?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Er... source?
    did you not read where he said "know for a fact" that instantly negates the need for sources :v

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Timmyctc wrote: »
    did you not read where he said "know for a fact" that instantly negates the need for sources :v

Ah primary school. The good aul days.

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Fellaini and Cleverley is a pairing i've been looking forward to seeing for a while now, don't think it is a disaster at all, not ideal, but has potential to be very exciting I think

• Advertisement

basically i work for a football agency here in london.

had lunch with rooneys agent and he rung carrick to get me tickets for game tomorrow.

carrick said he didnt travel. cant prove it sorry lads but we will see at 2pm tomorrow when team is announced

had lunch with rooneys agent and he rung carrick to get me tickets for game tomorrow.

carrick said he didnt travel. cant prove it sorry lads but we will see at 2pm tomorrow when team is announced

I believe you. Sure I was over for lunch with Moyes earlier and he wouldn't talk about the team selection, but the eejit left his notebook on the table when he went to make the tea.

Needless to say I had a quick peek and saw where he'd been jotting down the team selection. You're right, Carrick's not in it.

He had also scrawled "Zaha is a prick" around a lot of the margins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

I believe you. Sure I was over for lunch with Moyes earlier and he wouldn't talk about the team selection, but the eejit left his notebook on the table when he went to make the tea.

Needless to say I had a quick peek and saw where he'd been jotting down the team selection. You're right, Carrick's not in it.

Did it also look like someone else had snook into his notebook and made a ninja edit saying "You play play-a-maker, win game you Bastard!"

• Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

No real need for that in fairness. He is just trying to give everyone here a heads up for tomorrow, doesn't exactly have anything to gain by lying about it and gave a reasonable explanation for his info, so I believe him

And not exactly that big a deal if he is lying.

Julez wrote: »
    Did it also look like someone else had snook into his notebook and made a ninja edit saying "You play play-a-maker, win game you Bastard!"

Now that you mention it there were a few symbols on the page that looked a lot like kanji, and Rooney's name looked like it had been rubbed out and written back in a few times.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Yeah, when the tickets thread doesn't yield any results I always get Rooney's agent to call Carrick for me too.

No real need for that in fairness. He is just trying to give everyone here a heads up for tomorrow, doesn't exactly have anything to gain by lying about it and gave a reasonable explanation for his info, so I believe him

I was agreeing with him. Why do you believe him and not me? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Tomorrow we find out if unplayable is our inside man into the footballing agency world. Never mind Kew's Uncle of Homer and Mitch's mates. Finally we could have a real person on the inside.

If its true I expect unplayable to be answering a lot of question during January 2014.

R.I.P his inbox

yeah thanks mate. i am a huge utd fan and see no reason to lie. i will post here again on sunday after the game and ye will see i was correct.

Yeah, when the tickets thread doesn't yield any results I always get Rooney's agent to call Carrick for me too.

yeah tried there first as i dont know him very well and didnt want to pester him.
    all will be revealed tomorrow guys. feel free to pm me any qs and i will answer if i have any info

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Chris Woods is impressed with De Gea:
    Woods, who played for England in the same position, feels that De Gea, who signed for around £19m in 2011, can develop into the planet's outstanding keeper.

"David has got everything that you need to be the best and he has just got to keep doing what he is doing at the moment," Woods told United Review.

"It is about achieving a level of consistency, which he is now doing but I don't want to tempt fate.

"He has everything needed to be up there with the best."

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/manchester-uniteds-david-de-gea-2665311#ixzz2jPqvSWzo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

So what would your best United 11 and say 5 subs be for Utd for a big game on current form since season started??
    For me it's,
    De Gea
    Rafael Vidic Smalling Evra
    Nani Carrick Cleverly Kagawa
    Van Persie Rooney
    Subs~Lindegaard,Jones,Fellaini, Chicarito,Januzai,Zaha.
    Know likes of Zaha and Kagawa haven't played much but for me have done far more in limited time than likes of Valencia.I wasn't part of the Fellaini love in here during the summer and have been proven right so far.....he's just not a 'United' type player.
    PS~people will prob say how would Januzai not be on but I'm going with experience.

Ten years ago today,Ronaldo scored his 1st goal for United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Watching videos of him just brings out the sad :(

Had hopes of him coming back this or next summer, would have been perfect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

So what would your best United 11 and say 5 subs be for Utd for a big game on current form since season started??
    For me it's,
    De Gea
    Rafael Vidic Smalling Evra
    Nani Carrick Cleverly Kagawa
    Van Persie Rooney
    Subs~Lindegaard,Jones,Fellaini, Chicarito,Januzai,Zaha.
    Know likes of Zaha and Kagawa haven't played much but for me have done far more in limited time than likes of Valencia.I wasn't part of the Fellaini love in here during the summer and have been proven right so far.....he's just not a 'United' type player.

Kagawa and Nani "for a big game on current form since season started" in the team and Januzai on the bench. No where near with you on that one.

Stoke was a big game last weekend; they are all big games now as they cannot afford to lose or draw over the next while; over the full season really; there is a lot of catching up to do.

I'd have Evans in CB over Smalling as Smalling hasn't played there much, if at all this season. I'd give Fellaini a game over Kagawa.

De Gea
    Rafael Vidic Rio Evra
    Fellaini Carrick Cleverley
    Januzai
    Rooney Van Persie

Januzai to cover both wings! :pac: Other than him, Evra and Rafael have been more effective attacking out wide than any other player assigned to the wide midfield positions so far this year, been a waste of a position really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

If i was picking a team based on current form i'd play hernandez ahead of rvp. Rvp has been too quiet so far and hernandez has been a handful when played. Even when he didn't score, his movement was making space for others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Kagawa and Nani "for a big game on current form since season started" in the team and Januzai on the bench. No where near with you on that one.

Stoke was a big game last weekend; they are all big games now as they cannot afford to lose or draw over the next while; over the full season really; there is a lot of catching up to do.

I'd have Evans in CB over Smalling as Smalling hasn't played there much, if at all this season. I'd give Fellaini a game over Kagawa.

De Gea
    Rafael Vidic Rio Evra
    Fellaini Carrick Cleverley
    Januzai
    Rooney Van Persie

Januzai to cover both wings! :pac: Other than him, Evra and Rafael have been more effective attacking out wide than any other player assigned to the wide midfield positions so far this year, been a waste of a position really!

That's why I opened this little debate,for me a big game would be against likes of City,Arsenal,Spurs....as I think League is beyond us this year and top 4 is realistic target and the gimps in Business management in club will realise we needed to buy likes of Strootman last summer and don't sit on their hands all next summer!!!!
    I would not start Januzai in such a game but bring him on after half time,wouldn't have Rio near squad on his performances this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Interesting stats on this.

BYAOuWWCcAAIYYo.png:large

Apologies for the borders, can't be assed editing the image.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

If i was picking a team based on current form i'd play hernandez ahead of rvp. Rvp has been too quiet so far and hernandez has been a handful when played. Even when he didn't score, his movement was making space for others

RVP is suffering from the abysmal form of our midfield 4. he still has 8 goals this season, not bad at all.

the one good thing is that our midfield cannot play any worse, so if they get their act in gear over the coming 5 weeks, we can do much better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Tomorrow we find out if unplayable is our inside man into the footballing agency world. Never mind Kew's Uncle of Homer and Mitch's mates. Finally we could have a real person on the inside.

If its true I expect unplayable to be answering a lot of question during January 2014.

R.I.P his inbox

He might be on to something :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Hart is to be dropped in favor of Pantillimon tomorrow according to the Telegraph.

Big call from Pellegrini. Lets hope it doesn't have the same effect when Fergie dropped DDG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Is our game not on tv at all tomorrow?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

unplayable deserves bit of credit me thinks.

If you're out there well done sir:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Setanta Sports 1.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

unplayable deserves bit of credit me thinks.

If you're out there well done sir:)

Not questioning him at all, but there was a few reports of it today on Twitter around 2:30 today.

• Advertisement

Carrick's joined Hull:pac:

manchesterunitedstarunveiledinhullstrip-495x500.jpg

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Blackett to Blackpool on loan. Good on him. Thought he was older than 19, loan should be a big help to him.

Any idea why Michael Keane isn't out on loan yet?

Lego-vision on Setanta.

Match thread here:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057073939

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

Brian Little has weirdly grown on me as a co-commentator, even though he's not that great.

Brian Little has weirdly grown on me as a co-commentator, even though he's not that great.

Supposed to be big Biker fan.

Always struck me as guy quite the opposite. Dont judge a book by its cover I guess.:)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

This pisses me off no end, anytime Liverpool are on setanta its the free channel anytime we are on its the paid channel :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

First time this season I'm confident of a win. Fulham one of those teams that will inevitably change manager soon.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

This pisses me off no end, anytime Liverpool are on setanta its the free channel anytime we are on its the paid channel :mad:
    Not anytime. We've been on the free channel at least once this season.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Does that not show they know people won't pay for Liverpool games, but know ours will always be in demand :P

Think we will win today, but will have to sweat it out a little.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Interesting stats on this.

BYAOuWWCcAAIYYo.png:large

Apologies for the borders, can't be assed editing the image.

Looking at the majority of the other teams having loads of managers there, having one mananger there, makes me so proud for some reason. Standing there, alone, like a boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

MUFC XI vs @FulhamFC: De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Evans, Evra; Valencia, Jones, Cleverley, Janzuaj; Rooney, van Persie. #mufc

#mufc subs vs @FulhamFC: Lindegaard, Smalling, Fellaini, Kagawa, Nani, Young, Hernandez

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

We have an insider on the thread then it seems.

We have an insider on the thread then it seems.

Yep, I did call this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Is Carrick injured? That midfield looks incredibly lightweight.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement