Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Think we will win today, but will have to sweat it out a little.
    Naaaah

kryogen wrote: »
    Looking at the majority of the other teams having loads of managers there, having one mananger there, makes me so proud for some reason. Standing there, alone, like a the boss

fyp ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Powell scores again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

We have an insider on the thread then it seems.

God help him come January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Hopefully he told Rooneys agent that he is not a gentleman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

3 points but the second half was abysmal stuff.

The Arsenal game will be a big test

Can't see too many waiting with baited breath for MOTD tonight.

Dion Dublin & Andy Cole summing the game up perfectly.When a team is down,keep them down.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

What was really nice in the first half of the first half was the wingers supported the attackers and worked well together, both in terms of setting up goals and getting into a position to recieve the ball and score.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Some great stuff in patches in the first half, second half was terrible. But after 10 mostly terrible games united are only 2 behind city and 3 behind chelsea

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

I only seen the 2nd half. We were awful during it, displaying little or no control in midfield with Fulham the better, more purposeful team from what I seen. I assume that our control fell apart with changes at half-time, no? Fellani, again, was more awkward than composed in possession.

• Advertisement

jimjamcos wrote: »
    I only seen the 2nd half. We were awful during it, displaying little or no control in midfield with Fulham the better, more purposeful team from what I seen. I assume that our control fell apart with changes at half-time, no? Fellani, again, was more awkward than composed in possession.

We started going downhill about ten minutes after scoring the 3rd goal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

How are people singling out Fellani when Kagawa and Jones where nowhere that 2nd half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Job done, nothing more. Next 4 games will define our season. Need at least 3 wins.hopefully injuries not serious and its 6 unbeaten i think now, so maybe things starting to.come together but its a pity its taken 16 games for it to happen.

RasTa wrote: »
    How are people singling out Fellani when Kagawa and Jones where nowhere that 2nd half.

Because people are very selective when it comes to objective assessment of kagawa. He was once again really poor. jones was ok i thought tho. Valencia and rooney super, adnan.and vidic solid.

Thought fellani did ok, was controlled and was involved. Glad to finally see Vidic and Smling play together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

First 25 minutes we were terrific and after that we were total and utter muck.

Kagawa was horrendous when he came on.

Rooney and Januzaj the bright lights and Van Persie was solid to be fair too. Vidic was a beast at the back.

Cleverly was caught out few times too in first half but got away with it.

Deserved win, but a 07/08 or 99 team would have went on to score 6-7 after or good start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Stamp.gif

Januzaj is fairly lucky that didn't do damage. Riether is a right dirtbag.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Because people are very selective when it comes to objective assessment of kagawa. He was once again really poor. jones was ok i thought tho. Valencia and rooney super, adnan.and vidic solid.

Thought fellani did ok, was controlled and was involved. Glad to finally see Vidic and Smling play together.

^ Spot on...Kag was poor, Jones was not. I do however like Evans and Vidic together though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

People are sympathetic towards Kagawa as he is very rarely played in his natural position.

Again he was played out of position, again he was ****e. Fellaini was clumsy, he looks like he is a kid running around in his Dad's shoes.

Out of position or not Kagawa played some awful passes today. Looked clumsy.

One moment near edge of Fulham box he had plenty of time to give easy pass and somehow gave it to Fulham player.

He deserves a proper chance, but you cant be making excuse after excuse.

He did the simple things bad today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭enviro

J. Marston wrote: »
    Stamp.gif

Januzaj is fairly lucky that didn't do damage. Riether is a right dirtbag.

Surely that isn't the end of it... ref didn't see it so he can be charged?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

enviro wrote: »

Not one word on setanta commentary about the stamp, was anything said after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Kagawa is lacking the composure he showed last season, I'm not sure it's a positional thing. Last season he would get the ball in any situation and amaze me with his ability to create space and find a teammate. He's losing the ball a lot more this season, it's like he doesn't have any understanding with his teammates.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    People are sympathetic towards Kagawa as he is very rarely played in his natural position.

Again he was played out of position, again he was ****e.

Stop using this excuse,its inaccurate and getting tiring now. his performances are poor no matter where he plays. He doesnt play wide left, he plays more central and its when in the middle that he keeps getting caught out.people have this fantasy that he deserves the position behind the striker- he has done nothing to deserve it. Rooney, adnan, even Fellani are all better than him there.

The amount of ball he gives away or times he just gets brushed off the ball is shocking.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Out of position or not Kagawa played some awful passes today. Looked clumsy.

One moment near edge of Fulham box he had plenty of time to give easy pass and somehow gave it to Fulham player.

He deserves a proper chance, but you cant be making excuse after excuse.

He did the simple things bad today.

Im a big fan of Kagawa but there seems to be something just not right about him,today he was very uncomfortable on the ball which is one of his main strengths,

He looks good in the Champions League but he seems to be still trying to adapt to EPL

Not one word on setanta commentary about the stamp, was anything said after?

Dion & Andy spoke about it & how the senior players ran over to stand up for Januzaj.They said it was like the old days when Keane etc. would go for anyone who took liberties with United's young lads on the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

enviro wrote: »

Hopefully. Absolutely filthy challenge. No need for it whatsoever.

Im a big fan of Kagawa but there seems to be something just not right about him,today he was very uncomfortable on the ball which is one of his main strengths,

He looks good in the Champions League but he seems to be still trying to adapt to EPL

The chap has the ability, but I can see why he aint on first team at minute.

It might be confidence thing im not sure, but he needs to up it a little when he gets a chance.

Stamp.gif

sk3rmpj.jpg

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

The result was good but the performance was poor. I think the team was quite unbalanced and we suffered as a result. Jones puts in a shift and tackles well, but he doesn't have the technique, close control or passing ability to be anywhere near that midfield, especially when coupled with the technically limited Fellaini. Valencia is also horribly one dimensional and limits our play. I actually think we missed Cleverley when he went off.

We need to get work on a better chemistry and improve the movement between defence and midfield. It's rare that one of our centre mids comes short to offer an outlet to the defender on the ball, who then invariably panics and hoofs it up the pitch to nobody. Compare this to Arsenal, who constantly have an option and play lovely free-flowing football.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Blackett played 90 minutes today after his loan to Blackpool ( they wion one nil)

We could be in a bit of trouble next week looking at Arsenal's performance tonight

• Advertisement

We could be in a bit of trouble next week looking at Arsenal's performance tonight

More worried about ours today,Liverpool flattered to deceive so far this season & failed their big test today.I've a feeling if we sustain the same performance we did for the first half hour for the full 90 next week we can beat Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Was nice to see the United players get amongst the Fulham lads at the end, Fellaini and Evra leading it. Too often we have allowed other sides to physically take liberties. RVPs nasty streak is one of the things I like about him, and I'd be happy if Fellaini started roughing a few people up in retribution on occassion.

on performances this season Arsenal should best us.

But that first 25 minutes today suggest we can cause them problems, but we have to produce it for longer period of course.

Next week could be a belter.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Whenever Rooney has played on the wing too much his form has turned to shíte. Scholes struggled badly on the wing and nearly left the club when Fergie started playing him out there too much. Playing creative players out there when they aren't suited to it fúcks them up. It doesn't matter if they are allowed to drift inside, it's a completely different way of playing the game and there are players that it obviously doesn't work for. Kagawa is just another one of these players.

Only 3 points behind Chelsea with much tougher start.

Not all doom and gloom.

Pro. F wrote: »
    Whenever Rooney has played on the wing too much his form has turned to shíte. Scholes struggled badly on the wing and nearly left the club when Fergie started playing him out there too much. Playing creative players out there when they aren't suited to it fúcks them up. It doesn't matter if they are allowed to drift inside, it's a completely different way of playing the game and there are players that it obviously doesn't work for. Kagawa is just another one of these players.

Did someone say on here one time that Kagawa plays on the left for Japan and Honda plays in the middle as the "number 10"

Their last formation here shows him playing there

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/japan/startseite/nationalmannschaft_3435.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Was nice to see the United players get amongst the Fulham lads at the end, Fellaini and Evra leading it. Too often we have allowed other sides to physically take liberties. RVPs nasty streak is one of the things I like about him, and I'd be happy if Fellaini started roughing a few people up in retribution on occassion.

And a good pic of Fellani getting at them,

BYFzZosCAAAZh-I.jpg:large

dahat wrote: »
    And a good pic of Fellani getting at them,

BYFzZosCAAAZh-I.jpg:large

Hope he got his lunch money as well :D

Only 3 points behind Chelsea with much tougher start.

Not all doom and gloom.

We really can't afford to lose to arsenal next week though - we'd go 11 points behind them....

A win for us next week though and it would change the complection of the league, and the perception of United, greatly.

Fingers crossed we put in a good performance. We have shown glimpses of a great United side so far this season, we need a sustained performance. We also need Carrick fit, and available. Will certainly be interesting to see what Moyes plays if everyone is fit.

Would say todays line up could be first choice, with Carrick coming in for Jones. I can't see a big argument for any other player (despite, personally, being a big fan of Kagawa and Nani - they aren't making an argument with their play).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Belgians sticking up for one and other!

Did someone say on here one time that Kagawa plays on the left for Japan and Honda plays in the middle as the "number 10"

Their last formation here shows him playing there

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/japan/startseite/nationalmannschaft_3435.html

At united, when played left, he is expected to do a lot more defending than with Japan as far as I know. Same when he played there for dortmund. The general position might be the same, but the role is more restricted at United - though to be fair Kagawa drifts A LOT at United so this isn't really an excuse for him anymore.

We really can't afford to lose to arsenal next week though - we'd go 11 points behind them....

A win for us next week though and it would change the complection of the league, and the perception of United, greatly.

Fingers crossed we put in a good performance. We have shown glimpses of a great United side so far this season, we need a sustained performance. We also need Carrick fit, and available. Will certainly be interesting to see what Moyes plays if everyone is fit.

Would say todays line up could be first choice, with Carrick coming in for Jones. I can't see a big argument for any other player (despite, personally, being a big fan of Kagawa and Nani - they aren't making an argument with their play).

Realistically we have to win imo if we want to stand chance of winning league. Lose and its bye bye. Early days or not.

I dont think we will win league, but a win next week and we are at least back in mix.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Didn't see United today so I will probably watch MOTD for the 1st time this season. Arsenal did look decent today but I agree that Liverpool looked muck too, which helped them no end. Hopefully we can put in a good shift next weekend and not let Arsenal walk through us like Pool seemed to today.

Realistically we have to win imo if we want to stand chance of winning league. Lose and its bye bye. Early days or not.

I dont think we will win league, but a win next week and we are at least back in mix.

Agreed - at the least a win next week would be massive in terms of the 'top four' push.

Losing could be absolutely horrible for Moyes - not least because we are going into an international week. The media will be primed to pile on during the utterly meaningless international week. From a media standpoint his head could be getting called for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

hopefully Moyes has a full squad to pick from for Arsenal game and it will be interesting to see how he lines up.A win would be a huge result for Moyes and really but us back in the mix.
    I would expect the same team as today but Carrick in for Jones

• Advertisement

I hope Moyes has learned from previous games with "title contenders", he's played pretty negatively in the games against Chelsea, City and Liverpool and all we got was 1 point. Hopefully now he realises that we should be lining out to beat Arsenal.

Play the way we did in the first 25 minutes today and I see us winning, play like the second half and we could be given a lesson in good football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I hope Moyes has learned from previous games with "title contenders", he's played pretty negatively in the games against Chelsea, City and Liverpool and all we got was 1 point. Hopefully now he realises that we should be lining out to beat Arsenal.

Play the way we did in the first 25 minutes today and I see us winning, play like the second half and we could be given a lesson in good football.
    Guess the odd one out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Counter attack and high press will still work against this Arsenal team....

Counter attack and high press will still work against this Arsenal team....
    Hopefully this is something Moyes will listen to Fergie on!

Never thought I'd say it but we need Carrick & Cleverley for the Arsenal game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement