Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Did someone say on here one time that Kagawa plays on the left for Japan and Honda plays in the middle as the "number 10"

Their last formation here shows him playing there

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/en/japan/startseite/nationalmannschaft_3435.html

Yep afaik he plays on the left for them. I haven't watched Japan in years, but iirc Nuri Sahin (the poster not the player) was in here a while ago saying that he reckons it impedes Kagawa from what he's seen. Even if it does work for Kagawa with the Japan team, they could play a very different style to United and they certainly play much weaker opposition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

Any of ye heading over to the Arsenal game? Its our biggest game in years IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,366 ✭✭✭Robson99

City away 2 years ago was our biggest game there has been for years. That cost us the league. There is no guarantee that this game will cost us the league. Biggest game so far this season I would say

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

The game next week isn't even in the same ballpark as the one that ended the run of the Invincibles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Me and 8 mates are... Cork too lpool sat morning back Monday. Making a session of it as I didn't get too a game last season for the first time in I dunno how long! See ya in the blaze sunday about 1pm ha ha

Robson99 wrote: »
    City away 2 years ago was our biggest game there has been for years. That cost us the league. There is no guarantee that this game will cost us the league. Biggest game so far this season I would say

Biggest game in the last 2 r 3 years IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭F.J.

http://instagram.com/p/gON-nlF6Ey/
    Januzaj has a song it seems!
    Saw it posted on Twitter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Biggest game in the last 2 r 3 years IMO
    Bigger than a Champions League Final? Christ it isn't even the biggest game this year (Utd-Real).

Biggest game in years is ridiculous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The biggest game of the millennia

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Heading over on Sunday morning cant wait,It's should be a great game.

• Advertisement

Bigger than a Champions League Final? Christ it isn't even the biggest game this year (Utd-Real).

Biggest game in years is ridiculous.
    Sorry league game..

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I'd personally have put more onus on the City game (as former champions and our biggest threats in the three years) than this Arsenal one, and even then, it's possible that there'll be more important games against both of them and Chelsea before the season is out.

It looks a big game because of Arsenal's form right now, but taking a step back, I reckon we've had bigger and will have bigger this season.

I'd personally have put more onus on the City game (as former champions and our biggest threats in the three years) than this Arsenal one, and even then, it's possible that there'll be more important games against both of them and Chelsea before the season is out.

It looks a big game because of Arsenal's form right now, but taking a step back, I reckon we've had bigger and will have bigger this season.
    Alright alright way too burst my bubble TSC..

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

enviro wrote: »
    Surely that isn't the end of it... ref didn't see it so he can be charged?

Wow just watching this for the first time. Fcuking scummy to say the least. Went for him twice. That stomp could have broken his ankle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

FutureGuy wrote: »
    Wow just watching this for the first time. Fcuking scummy to say the least. Went for him twice. That stomp could have broken his ankle.

If there's no retrospective action taken for that....... I'll be funking livid

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

If there's no retrospective action taken for that....... I'll be funking livid

United game up next on MoTD...let's see what they say about it

It mightn't be Utds biggest game this season but it's a "must not lose" game perhaps. A win v Arsenal and you are 5 points behind him which is nothing. A loss and it's 11 points which is a fair bit tbf.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

FutureGuy wrote: »
    United game up next on MoTD...let's see what they say about it

Great to see the smile back on RVP's face

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

Also heading over to this one next weekend, can't wait it for now. Hopefully Dortmund can give them a psychological knock on Wednesday too with a win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,596 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Who the hell gave Riether a United shirt? :mad: If they want to wear one again they better have a damn good explanation.

Edit: Kagawa :mad: well if you want away, ask for a feckin' transfer.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

ninja900 wrote: »
    Who the hell gave Riether a United shirt? :mad: If they want to wear one again they better have a damn good explanation.

tbh they prolly didn't know until they themselves saw the highights

Kagawa was right there when the confrontation with him happened.

Scrap the cap!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It was Kagawa's shirt he had. Courtesy of live pause, that reminds me Basic Instinct is on Sky Movies...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

Surprised it's not being made a bigger deal of tbh. If it was basically any utd player in question it would be a massive issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Fenix wrote: »
    Surprised it's not being made a bigger deal of tbh. If it was basically any utd player in question it would be a massive issue.
    They devoted as much time as it deserved on MOTD in fairness. They can hardly take up half the show with it. It got as much coverage as Cattermole and Dossena.

• Advertisement

Shirt swapping (outside of cup finals and internationals) is strictly for wimps anyway. I suppose Kags still hasn't had enough games yet to learn the EPL culture :pac:

Scrap the cap!

ninja900 wrote: »
    Shirt swapping (outside of cup finals and internationals) is strictly for wimps anyway. I suppose Kags still hasn't had enough games yet to learn the EPL culture :pac:

Maybe someone wanted the mighty Kagawa's jersey

Clearly 'someone' did, and they had no shred of shame after viciously stamping on a United player, either. Hope the FA deal with this appropriately. You'd get a six week ban in rugby for that.

Scrap the cap!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Stop using this excuse,its inaccurate and getting tiring now. his performances are poor no matter where he plays. He doesnt play wide left, he plays more central and its when in the middle that he keeps getting caught out.people have this fantasy that he deserves the position behind the striker- he has done nothing to deserve it. Rooney, adnan, even Fellani are all better than him there.

The amount of ball he gives away or times he just gets brushed off the ball is shocking.

I've actually decided I'm going to stop posting about Manchester United on the internet altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

They devoted as much time as it deserved on MOTD in fairness. They can hardly take up half the show with it. It got as much coverage as Cattermole and Dossena.

Dossena and Riether both deserve harsh punishments. Dossena's challenge was disgraceful. Cattermole still obviously hasn't learned how to play football without lunging in stupidly at people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

KH25 wrote: »
    Dossena and Riether both deserve harsh punishments. Dossena's challenge was disgraceful. Cattermole still obviously hasn't learned how to play football without lunging in stupidly at people.

I'm sick of cattermole, every season he gets a couple of red cards. For the same thing. I'd love to see him get a really long ban, it's got to the stage where he should know better.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,382 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

thought the red yesterday was a bit harsh to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

lordgoat wrote: »
    I'm sick of cattermole, every season he gets a couple of red cards. For the same thing. I'd love to see him get a really long ban, it's got to the stage where he should know better.

You obviously didn't see yesterday's it was a yellow at best

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

If we could manage to beat Arsenal (in their current form especially) at OT next week it would be a massive result in terms of shooting us right back into title contention, giving Moyes a massive boost and we could see the fear of playing Man Utd return. Its a massive match which could determine the rest of our season.

Soups123 wrote: »
    You obviously didn't see yesterday's it was a yellow at best

Regardless of whether it was indeed a red he does himself no favours by constantly lunging into tackles recklessly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Interesting retweet from Hernandez there on twitter.

Interesting retweet from Hernandez there on twitter.

well.... don't leave us hanging.

Timmyctc wrote: »
    well.... don't leave us hanging.

Retweeted a tweet from Sky saying Carlos Vela has said that Hernandez will have to consider his future at United if he doesn't play regularly.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Retweeted a tweet from Sky saying Carlos Vela has said that Hernandez will have to consider his future at United if he doesn't play regularly.
    That might not go down too well when the club finds out... Wonder how long it will stay up on his page - not long is my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Sven-Goran Eriksson claims he signed a contract to be the UTD manager. There is also a interesting piece in the article about picking Rooney for the world cup against Fergies will.
    Ferguson, who eventually retired at the end of the 2012-13 season, previously announced his intention to stand down in 2002, only 12 months after Eriksson took over the England job.

"I knew it would be tricky. I had a contract with England until the 2006 World Cup and I would be severely criticised if I broke that contract," Eriksson wrote.

"But this was an opportunity to manage Manchester United, probably the biggest club in the world. A contract was signed - I was United's new manager.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/12016/9006153/sven-goran-eriksson-reveals-arguments-with-sir-alex-ferguson-after-missing-out-on-his-job

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

To be honest most of us would not be surprised if Hernandez moved on this summer.He is too good for the bench and not many could be annoyed if he looked to move on.

Regardless of whether it was indeed a red he does himself no favours by constantly lunging into tackles recklessly.

Still no reason to want him get a long ban. Personally I loved the Keane/Viera days and there tackles where a hell of a lot worse than Catermoles and both sets of fans loved them for it!

dahat wrote: »
    To be honest most of us would not be surprised if Hernandez moved on this summer.He is too good for the bench and not many could be annoyed if he looked to move on.

He is one of the most underrated players in the league, he is quality would love to see him get a run of games and see what he could do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

He will start on Tuesday however will rarely start the big games when Rooney and RVP are fit. I'm not sure if this will be enough for another season, maybe Moyes can convince him to stay. If he is going, send him off to Spain or Italy, not another PL club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Interesting piece in the Mail about Fellaini,sums up what many United fans already think of him. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2486051/Marouane-Fellaini--whats-Manchester-Uniteds-27-5million-flop.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I mentioned before here about Pochettino's style of play at Southampton being insisted upon throughout the whole club.Here's a 32 pass move & goal from the under 18's.
    Comparing that to our 2nd half display yesterday you'd wonder who are the full internationals & who are the kids.

zerks wrote: »
    Interesting piece in the Mail about Fellaini,sums up what many United fans already think of him. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2486051/Marouane-Fellaini--whats-Manchester-Uniteds-27-5million-flop.html

Anyone labelling him a flop after playing around 10 games is a joker. People are willing to praise Kagawa to the high heavens when he's consistently having a mare. People have been on Fell's back since his first game.

I mentioned before here about Pochettino's style of play at Southampton being insisted upon throughout the whole club.Here's a 32 pass move & goal from the under 18's.
    Comparing that to our 2nd half display yesterday you'd wonder who are the full internationals & who are the kids.

You can't compare playing away to a premier league side to playing at home in an U18 game.

And that is Swansea not Soton

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

That's the Swansea u-18's :confused:.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Timmyctc wrote: »
    People have been on Fell's back since his first game.

Including the manager? Or is there another reason why Jones is playing in midfield ahead of our new 27.5 million midfield signing?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement