Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Kind of annoyed Fellaini was even still on the field that late in the game; early on, it was obvious they were targeting him to try and get him booked. Personally think he should have been pulled off around the 60th minute to avoid that situation.

It's really frustrating that we could have won that game easily; Hernandez missed probably the easiest shot he'll get all year, RVP blasts a penalty off the post...we need to be taking those chances, especially when we are finding it so hard to actually make chances.

Really not looking forward to the weekend at all :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Young

I hope he is gone 1st January.

A joke.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Valencia played 90 mins tonight. I can't remember one good thing he did in the game. How was he not subbed.

Also Fell should have been taken off after 80mins he was on a yellow and that was always going to happen.

Poor performance and poor from Moyes, we should have won that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Everyone could see that Fellaini was going to be sent off. Everyone but Moyes of course. Such a stupid, stupid decision leaving him on.

Young needs to piss off too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

The performance was terrible, but Moyes is still unbeaten in Europe and we're top of our group.

Fellaini played okay at times but simply wasn't good enough most of the time.

Kagawa excelled in the cameo he got in the hole, more dangerous than Rooney was in the first half.

We can't play like that against Arsenal though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Please, please, please play Kagawa behind the striker more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Should be an interesting summer. If Moyes has any sense at all we will see Young, Valencia, Anderson out, and I expect Rooney will be on his way whether we like it or not. There's talk of Evra going too. Could be big changes on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

The only positive from tonight was seeing Kagawa played in behind RVP when the sub was made..
    Game opened up alot more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Young

I hope he is gone 1st January.

A joke.

There was a moment, after the penalty, where Evra passed the ball to him. Young had a lovely pocket of space behind into which he could turn.

What does he do?

Ignore the chance to turn and run at the defence and pass the ball back to Evra instead. However, Evra thought Young was going to run on and he wasn't there for the pass.

He annoys me. Big time. Hasn't done much for a while now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

The draw would have been taken before the game but we really should have won. They were there for the taking.

Young was utter muck. He needs to be moved on, especially considering the crazy wages he's on.
    I thought Valencia actually had a decent enough game apart from that suicide pass near the end.
    Giggs was average, so was Rooney.

I thought Fellaini had a good game and it was a shame he was sent off. Bit harsh too IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Please, please, please play Kagawa behind the striker more.

I'd like to see it more too but not at expense of Rooney. Kagawa should be there whenever one of Rooney or RVP are rested/unavailable in bigger games

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

J. Marston wrote: »
    Everyone could see that Fellaini was going to be sent off. Everyone but Moyes of course. Such a stupid, stupid decision leaving him on.

Young needs to piss off too.

He got the yellow off his name so he won't be suspended for the final..great thinking ahead by Moyes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

551363_10151965356509914_151952623_n.png

J. Marston wrote: »
    Fabio is as good as gone, isn't he? Depressing seeing centre-backs shoehorned in at fullback.

Fabio isn't a world beater by a long distance but he's an actual fullback who can attack and I'd much prefer him being given a go over Smalling who'll no doubt do a job in defence but will make our right side a write off in attack. Valencia needs an attacking fullback with him to be any bit effective these days.

I don't get the Fabio love, he's ok at best at FB. Smalling is solid and is good going forward and generally very good positionally. Positionally he's better than both of the twins. The issue on the right isn't the full back, it's how shockingly bad Valencia is. He's terrible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Play like that on Sunday and we will be ****ing hammered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

So many mediocre players in midfield dragging United down, it was the argument in the Ferguson era and still the problem now. Fairly confident Moyes will get some quality players in either in the January window or the summer and get rid of dross like Valencia and Young

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Embarrassing reading that match thread. Some of you need to to change your definition of how to support a ****ing team.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,489 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Any chance we could do a swap deal and include young, valencia, anderson and fabio and get one midfielder that could run the show?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Quandary wrote: »
    The draw would have been taken before the game but we really should have won. They were there for the taking.

Young was utter muck. He needs to be moved on, especially considering the crazy wages he's on.
    I thought Valencia actually had a decent enough game apart from that suicide pass near the end.
    Giggs was average, so was Rooney.

I thought Fellaini had a good game and it was a shame he was sent off. Bit harsh too IMO.

The first yellow might have been but if he had even the slightest bit of sense he wouldn't have made another 3 or 4 fouls after it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

I'll take the glass half full approach. I thought we were generally decent tonight, albeit against a poor enough side. Fellaini looked decent enough up until the sending off, played at least two incisive passes, and had a nice surging run in the first half. Needs to be careful with the silly fouling though.

Kagawa was excellent in the central role I thought.

Smalling had a great first half. Best attacking play I've seen from him, and solid in defence. Evra was outstanding, and the defence in general was good.

We also created some decent chances that would be put away most days. I don't see this game negatively impacting our chances against Arsenal on Sunday.

RasTa wrote: »
    Embarrassing reading that match thread. Some of you need to to change your definition of how to support a ****ing team.

Yes, obviously we should all declare undying love for our team and completely ignore all shortcomings. I'm sure that's not a plan for failure at all....

Rather than throwing about comments like that, how bout you actually offer constructive feedback to the criticisms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

So lads....

Sell Young
    Sell Anderson

^ agree with both however

Play Shinji behind the striker

^ instead of who? Rooney, RVP?

Play Chico more?

^ instead of who? Rooney, RVP?

Always be a legend
    Andy Mitten ‏@AndyMitten 55s The home fans have gone home, the 1,800 travellers have been held back. They're singing 'Keano' as the unused subs work out on the pitch.

Yes, obviously we should all declare undying love for our team and completely ignore all shortcomings. I'm sure that's not a plan for failure at all....

Rather than throwing about comments like that, how bout you actually offer constructive feedback to the criticisms?

I'm not wasting my time, some of you feel certain players should never play for the club again after a misplaced pass, it's a joke. We missed 2 open goals and a peno, Real created nothing all game and that's how some of you react.

7 games unbeaten now, great subs by Moyes and should have won bar poor finishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Other than De Gea, Rafael, Januzaj and RVP, if we got a good offer for anyone else, we should sell. Some decent squad options there but nothing you couldn't replace, and could build a better side with the money you'd get for guys like Rooney.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

As an Arsenal fan I dont ever recall been so confident going into a fixture at Old Trafford. Roll on Sunday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lordgoat wrote: »
    Valencia played 90 mins tonight. I can't remember one good thing he did in the game. How was he not subbed.

Also Fell should have been taken off after 80mins he was on a yellow and that was always going to happen.

Poor performance and poor from Moyes, we should have won that.

Valencia was awful.

On another day though Chico and RVP would have scored the two chances from 3 yards out, and RVP would have converted that pen... and the comments here would be nowhere near as critical or harsh imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

That's not a bad result ya know. It's just a shame cause the 3 points were there. It could get very nervy though should we lose to Leverkusen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,305 ✭✭✭Green Hornet

Gringo180 wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan I dont ever recall been so confident going into a fixture at Old Trafford. Roll on Sunday.

Jaysus......don't jinx it.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Moyes has a job of work on his hands.
    Ferdinand, Young, Valencia, Evra, Fellaini, Chicharito not fit or no longer fit for purpose
    There could also be a decision on his hands re Rooney (if he wants to stay) or RVP
    Kagawa again demonstrates his value in the hole, play making
    Why are we persisting in playing Giggs in these games..
    The whole squad needs a shake up with some of our loan players to be given roles when they get back at the end of the summer.

Big Game on Sunday
    Moyes needs to go with his best available 11 players
    DDG
    Rafael-Evans-Vidic-Evra
    Carrick-Jones
    Januzaj-Kagawa-Rooney
    Van Persie

• Advertisement

titan18 wrote: »
    Other than De Gea, Rafael, Januzaj and RVP, if we got a good offer for anyone else, we should sell. Some decent squad options there but nothing you couldn't replace, and could build a better side with the money you'd get for guys like Rooney.

Ah yeah sure ship out Kagawa, Vidic, Smalling, Jones, Fellanni, Carrick, Nani, Rooney, Evans, Evra etc We will be able to replace them straight away

I'm not wasting my time, some of you feel certain players should never play for the club again after a misplaced pass, it's a joke. We missed 2 open goals and a peno, Real created nothing all game and that's how some of you react.

7 games unbeaten now, great subs by Moyes and should have won bar poor finishing.

Who are these people?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Jaysus......don't jinx it.....

Just pointing out that there quickly losing there fear factor ;)

People aren't reacting to "a misplaced pass". Criticisms of Young and Valencia have been ongoing for years, not 90 minutes. Criticisms of Uniteds playing style have been going on for weeks. Don't try and condense people's frustrations down to a single game, because that makes YOU look like the person people shouldn't bother with...

Trilla wrote: »
    Valencia was awful.

On another day though Chico and RVP would have scored the two chances from 3 yards out, and RVP would have converted that pen... and the comments here would be nowhere near as critical or harsh imo.

But that's part of the problem that united are relying on the strikers to finish whatever few chances they get. Most games lately there is less than 10 attempts on goal.
    The best united teams had goal threats from crosses, corners, free kicks, long range shots and counter attacks. Atm these threats aren't there

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Moyes was not happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭n32

I absolutely hate seeing Ashley Young in a United jersey. We ve had players before who took a dive but never as blatant as Young. He constantly takes the cowardly approach and goes down . You cant use the excuse that he gets kicked because he just goes down under the slightest contact (or non contact!). Credit to Seamus Coleman last sunday when he could have gone down but tried to keep going and have a shot. Young can **** off in january please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

That was stereotypical a Fergie away European performance. Keep things tight, try and keep the ball and create/take a couple of chances. We did everything right bar miss chances (Henandez, RVP, pen) that 9/10 times wouldve gone in. Such is life. Performance was ok

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Just pointing out that there quickly losing there fear factor ;)
    There there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,655 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thought evra was superb tonight. I really wish he would retire at the club

• Advertisement

People aren't reacting to "a misplaced pass". Criticisms of Young and Valencia have been ongoing for years, not 90 minutes. Criticisms of Uniteds playing style have been going on for weeks. Don't try and condense people's frustrations down to a single game, because that makes YOU look like the person people shouldn't bother with...

Years you say? I'm not even going to bother, such sort memory's. Valencia had a good game, Young won a peno within 5-10mins of coming on.

Giggs was the worst player out there by a mile but he gets ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,333 ✭✭✭brinty

Years you say? I'm not even going to bother, such sort memory's. Valencia had a good game, Young won a peno within 5-10mins of coming on.

by diving again

Last time i worried about an arsenal team as much was "the invincibles". Keane made viera **** himself in the tunnel and united won.

I would be happy if United did away with the wingers, if we are going to rely on wingers who are not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Valencia had a good game?

Jayzuz, Mary and Joseph

Cheated for a Peno you mean

Years you say? I'm not even going to bother, such sort memory's. Valencia had a good horrendous game, Young won a peno threw away an opportunity to score, risking a card and a free-out like he often does, but got lucky this time within 5-10mins of coming on.

FYP.

I would be happy if Young has won a genuine penalty, he didn't, glad it was not converted as one shouldn't want their team to win games by cheating.

Yes Giggs needs to be replaced by new signings in January and leave him for the league cup.

Trilla wrote: »
    Valencia was awful.

I'd still be complaining about him if we won that game by 7. Positionally he was all over the place. Has the worst touch of anyone i've seen play for the club. Has forgotten how to pass and cross a ball.

I agree on the Young and Giggs had a nightmare. I think he did better when Kags was central. But no way on Valencia - what did he do well in that match? He summed up his whole game when he gave the ball away in the last few and nearly gave away a chance.

• Advertisement

Cheated for a Peno you mean

Nope, contact and he went down. Modern game and I'm with Gary Neville on diving, someone mentioned Coleman. He was stupid for playing on

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement