Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Win against Southampton and WBA at home we would be level on points at the first place, 5 points that we shouldn't have dropped.

Good win but the performance in the second half was like watching Sunderland Vs City. We are little short on confidence so it's sort of understandable. Hopefully we improve on that front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

If that doesnt get Moyes and United going this season nothing will!

Great result fully deserved as well totally stopped arsenals game Jones and Rooney were something else.

Delighted we could prove that no matter what where always gonna be there.

That was Manchester United right there!

Let's kick on now and make sure season starts from here!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

We were very comfortable for long periods,which was something I thought we wouldn't be,Ozil and Carzola were kept quiet and when they did get the ball it was in positions that they couldn't do damage with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Great result.

Second half performance was one of the worst this season.

We're lucky Arsenal choked, Rooney created the goal but little else and I'm sure that'll kick us a lot during the season especially in the knockouts in Europe

Great work rate from him though getting back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Win against Southampton and WBA at home we would be level on points at the first place, 5 points that we shouldn't have dropped.

Good win but the performance in the second half was like watching Sunderland Vs City. We are little short on confidence so it's sort of understandable. Hopefully we improve on that front.

Evra is such a liability toward the tail end of games its unreal. He goes AWOL far too often. No wonder all the dangerous situations came from crosses on that side. Not a bad result all the same against a team with a Midfield vastly superior than ours :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Thought Jones was brilliant today in Cm & Cb. Good to see.

Agreed, he was great. Really got stuck in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

We can pick the bones out of it but it really was all about the result today, nothing else.

It's nearly unbelievable that Utd are fifth and five points off top. It's ****ing great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Great pic up on ESPN!

57831.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

I don't usually like Smalling at RB but he played an absolute blinder today, top stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Did not enjoy watching that

8dbe5b80fb3ffc292efec6e869cb242c_large

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

1384102400106_lc_galleryImage_Manchester_United_s_Robin.JPG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rooney, Smalling and Jones were great I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

BYub-0yCAAACOUY.jpg:large

Still think he's an Arsenal man Arsene? :)

BYub-0yCAAACOUY.jpg:large

Still think he's an Arsenal man Arsene? :)

jMgiZJd.gif:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Rooneys work rate was brilliant. Valencia wasted attack after attack, Kagawa is worthless on the wing, hes too lightweight with his back to goal. Jones and Smalling were excellent, and De Gea was very solid when he had to be

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moar Van Persie pics!

BYuqZ9KIQAEVAaz.jpg:large

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Valencia was poor, Evra was poor defensively, Cleverley did ok when he came on but we just weren't good at all in the second half.

Delighted with the result and Rooney was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Delighted with the result. Valencia is not the player he used to be at all. I keep expecting him to recover his old form, but game after game it's the same thing. Get the ball, turn, pass to full back. I don't really know how he keeps getting selected.

Great pic up on ESPN!

57831.jpg

That's clearly photoshopped. We have experts here and also some with inside info who knows that RVP is not happy at ManUtd and also Rooney-RVP don't like each other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

I thought Val was quite good. A definite improvement over his usual self.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

This calls for more beer :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Timmyctc wrote: »

He wasn't a threat. His defensive work is always good. He should just switch to right back and be done with it. Imo

Timmyctc wrote: »

I thought he was terrible. He definitely needs to go at the end of the year, he can't cross a ball anymore. He's a shadow of himself

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Kagawa was very poor today, surprised Januzaj didn't get a run out.

Vidic gone to hospital, hopefully a 3 match ban for De Gea

Btw it was great to see RVP celebrating his goal. He showed his class last season and was booed(maybe rightly) and this season it was pay back time. 3 goals in 3 against Arsenal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Good time for international week?

November

(A) Fulham - W
    (H) Arsenal - W
    (A) Cardiff

December
    (A) Spurs
    (H) Everton
    (H) Newcastle
    (A) Villa
    (H) West Ham
    (A) Hull
    (A) Norwich

30 points to be taken there until the 1st of January

6 points so far, 24 left to play for

Only 5 points off the top now and unbeaten and top of our CL group.

Hate international breaks :mad:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Hate international breaks :mad:

Yeah, it's a real shame. Kind of stops us building on today.

• Advertisement

Kagawa was very poor today, surprised Januzaj didn't get a run out.

Knocked off the ball a few times but put in a shift,never stopped demanding the ball,Evra behind him gave me heart attacks at times when he ended up time & again standing in the middle of the penalty area while Sagna had acres of space to run into.Sagna is one of the worst crossers of a ball in the league but given the amount of space he got today he put in some decent stuff.

Great result but the same deficiencies were there,the shift Rooney put in masked a lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,704 ✭✭✭Corvo

Well I enjoyed that...

December is a massive month for us by looking at those fixtures

Good day all round,ex Man U players doing there bit to beat City

Great to see Wes Brown back again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Thankful that the game didn't end in a draw, the way things have played out this weekend a draw would of been pointless imo to both teams, united couldn't of suffered a draw as much as Arsenal so the next few games for both will be important for how things will play out come May.

The midfield :(, has Fellaini been signed a season or even two too soon, I can't for the life of me see Carrick and him working together ever. Fell is Carrick's replacement for the longer term, I can see Carrick carrying through next year with not much problem so what do we do with Fell for the next year and a half is what it is looking like?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Red Crow wrote: »
    I thought he was terrible. He definitely needs to go at the end of the year, he can't cross a ball anymore. He's a shadow of himself

He played a cross right to Kagawa's foot within three minutes of the start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Absolutely delighted, we played poor but I would take 3 points against a team of Arsenal quality every day of the week. Im hoping some day that I can see utd play beautiful stuff thou.

On another issue, that Fell purchase has been woeful business

Bit of a hold up there with the lads mowing the pitch :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

Headshot wrote: »
    Absolutely delighted, we played poor but I would take 3 points against a team of Arsenal quality every day of the week. Im hoping some day that I can see utd play beautiful stuff thou.

On another issue, that Fell purchase has been woeful business

Give the lad a season or two at least before you can say something like that tbh.

Man Utd 1-0 Arsenal
    A slip of the tongue from Manchester United boss David Moyes in his media conference: "Great players score great goals in big games, and Robin van Persie is a great player. But his sidekick Wayne Rooney played great too. I always hoped Robin would show that, and he has done since I've been here. He's great.

Great :)

Give the lad a season or two at least before you can say something like that tbh.

Agreed. Anyone remember Evra and Vidic when they joined?

Trilla wrote: »

Jesus ya I remember Evra's debut against City,was thinking to myself wtf has he signed him for :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Trilla wrote: »

No where near the same, Fell has had 4/5 seasons playing in and against United too be up to speed with things in the PL.

Does it take good players 1/2 seasons to get up to speed with just how a club works.. Always thought it was how the league works more so?

There's a huge difference between Fell situation Evra/Vidic. Vidic and Evra they came during Jan, no preseason and a new country/league

Fell has no excuses

If your not going to start a player that by right should be better than Jones in the defensive role of the team and cost 20m plus, there's somthing wrong

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Fellaini didn't have a pre-season with United either.

I think it's harsh to expect him to just slot seamlessly into a new team.

Fellaini didn't have a pre-season with United either.

I think it's harsh to expect him to just slot seamlessly into a new team.

He did quite well for a couple of minutes. Everyone needs to stop being so expectant. Give Moyes and Fellaini time

All the table needs is the anomaly of 2 midtable sides to go back where they belong & it'll look very familiar at the top.

Let's build on this result & do some decent business in January then suddenly all the doubt will melt away,we will have to do away with this football by numbers we are playing though.

Does anyone see an improvement in the football we've been playing in the 11 league games Moyes has been in charge now?

Does anyone see an improvement in the football we've been playing in the 11 league games Moyes has been in charge now?

Nope nada zinch but tbf to him he hasnt got the best CM's to work with

In todays game I saw alot of balls bypass out CM today from the defense, think it says alot

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement