Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Does anyone see an improvement in the football we've been playing in the 11 league games Moyes has been in charge now?

Some things have improved a bit but the same problems we had before are there,lack of a quality midfield runner to get beyond the frontmen plus the dearth of quality service from the wings is still not addressed,we are depending on a kid to provide that.At times watching us is like watching a demo of FIFA on a PS1.

Moyes was right earlier in the season when he said we needed quality players.A good result against Arsenal doesn't change that.Playing a CB in midfield while a £27 million signing sits on the bench shows that things aren't quite right plus Rooney having to drop in so much to be the creative midfielder shows the dearth of talent we have in that position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,071 ✭✭✭user2011

Problem is where does Fell slot in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

zerks wrote: »
    Let's build on this result & do some decent business in January then suddenly all the doubt will melt away,we will have to do away with this football by numbers we are playing though.

That's not going away. That's how Moyes' teams play.

Red Crow wrote: »
    I thought he was terrible. He definitely needs to go at the end of the year, he can't cross a ball anymore. He's a shadow of himself

Val looks on in shock as the ball breaks past Gibbs,not knowing what to do next he stops and waits for Smalling to run onto it instead.
    article-2497133-1954C28500000578-85_634x494.jpg

Some things have improved a bit but the same problems we had before are there,lack of a quality midfield runner to get beyond the frontmen plus the dearth of quality service from the wings is still not addressed,we are depending on a kid to provide that.At times watching us is like watching a demo of FIFA on a PS1.

Moyes was right earlier in the season when he said we needed quality players.A good result against Arsenal doesn't change that.Playing a CB in midfield while a £27 million signing sits on the bench shows that things aren't quite right plus Rooney having to drop in so much to be the creative midfielder shows the dearth of talent we have in that position.

Moyes, like Homer has pointed out that, Moyes also said that he would be happy going into the new season with the same players. So it's :confused: situation. Joys of being a fan and trying to read between the lines that are so conflicting.

user2011 wrote: »
    Moyes, like Homer has pointed out that, Moyes also said that he would be happy going into the new season with the same players. So it's :confused: situation. Joys of being a fan and trying to read between the lines that are so conflicting.

He doesn't want to alienate the players he has but knows some are for the chop very soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Get in!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember when people said we would be destroyed in Midfield by Arsenal few weeks ago.

Im Eamon Dunphy happy right now baby!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,586 ✭✭✭jaykay74

Is that singing section trial still ongoing ? thought the atmosphere was top notch this afternoon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

BREAKING: Phil Jones arrested after being found leaving Old Trafford with £42million in his pocket. Mesut Ozil has been returned to Arsenal.

Heh.

• Advertisement

He doesn't want to alienate the players he has but knows some are for the chop very soon.

Maybe he should keep stum with those types of questions being asked so? Then he stays on the fence and not alienate anyone (fans included).
    These things can be read both ways it seems more palatable to be read the way you do but could be read the other too.

tumblr_mw2be0ukXz1qiqjvto2_250.gif

tumblr_mw2be0ukXz1qiqjvto1_250.gif

tumblr_mw2be0ukXz1qiqjvto4_250.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Thought a few weeks ago that Big Dave would be a busy man today,but he had a comfortable afternoon,well he did try and take Vidic's head off again but after that he had very little to do.

That punch away from the corner in the first half was top class,ball landed up near the half way line.

Big Dave is the man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Happy days! :) Delighted with that result. Had a bad feelin about this one and thankfully was wrong.

Thought it was an exciting game to watch at times but both teams played poorly at times aswell. Arsenal really lacked the killer instinct right from the start today.

The team morale and fight seems to be improvin now which is great to see. Loved RVP's celebration too! :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,426 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Love to see hard work and love to see it rewarded. United got what they deserved today (compared to games like city where the hard work was not there).

Keep it up and the results will stay mainly positive. It will take time for Moyes fix the issue in midfield and for now he needs to get results from what he has to work with and he is doing it well the last few weeks

poor old Paul Merson.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Great atmosphere, great work ethic, great pressing, great result

Moyes out

:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,389 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Some people on here...

"Jones is crap. Wont win with him. Oh wait he played well and we won..."

"Fellaini is crap."

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

poor old Paul Merson.;)

As he said himself

"That's why making predictions in Premier League football is impossible" :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Its funny that Moyes "negative" approach with the two DM's worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Great result and fricking delighted.Sets us up nicely for the International break and to be build upon it afterwards.

Yet again though should have been out of sight from early on in the game and failed to finish the chances. I had visions of the WBA and Southampton games all over again and would not have been surprised to see Bendtner score with that chance at the end of the game, football does not work on fairness or who 'deserves' to win. Arsenal could have walked away with a totally undeserved point today.

Personally I can't wait for when the team finally clicks and starts to punish teams again. No one was able to take advantage so far and walk away with things and United are still only 5 points behind. It really is as good as we can ask for considering some of the performances so far this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

poor old Paul Merson.

We only scored the one, so he was half-right.

Great performance today. Locked them out completely for the most part and could have had it sewn up before the late scares. Kagawa wasn't exactly running the game but compare his contribution to that of Ozil, Cazorla, Ramsey? And he was good defensively too. The Giggs substitution was wrong, if van Persie was going to come off Kagawa should have been moved to the middle and Fellaini brought on in van Persie's stead. That's the only real black mark about today, Moyes' game management with the substitutions wasn't great.

Jones best game in a United jersey today?

Also meant to say he has some really good players to work with but needs a better midfield to control games more and take pressure off RvP and Rooney. For now players like Jones are really important as he provides a different type of control.

Jones best game in a United jersey today?

He played well against Madrid too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,227 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

As he said himself

"That's why making predictions in Premier League football is impossible" :)

It really is this season, anyone can beat anyone. West Brom should've beaten Chelsea yesterday, Newcastle beating Spurs away today and Chelsea last week, Sunderland beating City today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

kryogen wrote: »
    I have been all over the 5/4 on United since Wednesday, will put a bit more on before the game I think. Cant say I have a rational reason for it, you could talk about the mental block they have with OT lately, the knack United have of pulling it out of the bag against them and all that but I just have a gut feeling United will win.

Could be mis guided optimism of course.

Got to get on it again @ 13/10 (proof for doubters provided below)

****ing delighted!!

9011f16213e63524038ecfa853a14681

Didn't get to watch the whole game but a clean sheet and a huge win, doesn't get any better then that!

Jones plays well in most games he plays at centre midfield.

He processes real power. Carrick is passive, stands off the opposition and focuses more on interceptions (which is fine). Jones will battle for the ball get in the opposition way and disrupt them and provides more protection for defence. He good qualities outside defence like the off the ball run he made for Vals goal last week. He has an influence similar in some ways to Robson or Keane.

In defence he has a good understanding with Evans and uses similar qualities.

Hopefully Moyes keeps playing him centrally and resists from playing him right back when Rafael is unavailable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Gringo180 wrote: »
    As an Arsenal fan I dont ever recall been so confident going into a fixture at Old Trafford. Roll on Sunday.

Happy ****ing days. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Happy ****ing days. :D

Haha, I said to him that his confidence may have been a bit misplaced. He wasn't having any of it, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Lads, Fellaini has had 5 starts, surrounded by players playing well below their own standard, playing in a position where the work you do isn't going to standout like that of an Ozil or a Mata.

Give him sometime, seriously.

Unless he has caught the Space Jam type disease that Valencia seems to have he is still capable of being the beast he was for Everton. He just needs a consistent run in the team.

Going by form book only one team should have won today.

But if I have learned anything from supporting United for 24 years its that we are at our most dangerous when others write us off.

[QUOTE=KombuchaMshroom;87443024]Lads, Fellaini has had 5 starts, surrounded by players playing well below their own standard, playing in a position where the work you do isn't going to standout like that of an Ozil or a Mata.

Give him sometime, seriously.

Unless he has caught the Space Jam type disease that Valencia seems to have he is still capable of being the beast he was for Everton. He just needs a consistent run in the team.[/QUOTE]

Fell has 5 starts every calls him ****. Kagawa plays **** everyone says its because he never starts o.O

PS Is your name a reference to SoAD or the actual mushroom?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Well done Utd. Said the other day you'd beat us provided no one slipped up in defence and it turned out so.

See you at the title deciding return leg!!

Timmyctc wrote: »
    Fell has 5 starts every calls him ****. Kagawa plays **** everyone says its because he never starts o.O

PS Is your name a reference to SoAD or the actual mushroom?

Its a brutal name, picked it randomly years ago but im not gonna pay to change it. But ya it was an SoAD thing.

Its a brutal name, picked it randomly years ago but im not gonna pay to change it. But ya it was an SoAD thing.

I like it. Everytime I read it it puts "Sugar" in my head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,654 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Pogba again

**** sake, its killing me at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Watching the Juve match here and I must say Pogba has just scored one of the best goals you will ever see. He is such a talent.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Lads start a ****ing Pogba superthread or something will ya?

Lads start a ****ing Pogba superthread or something will ya?

no bother
    9gppaI1.gif

EDIT: Just because I love him I'll include Pirlo's

820978424.gif?1384118759

• Advertisement

Poor first touch...

Fabregas on a hattrick too. Imagine we signed him <3

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Match of the day is on in a few mins.

I am going to enjoy this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Will be my first proper look at the game, although I will watch the full 90 later after recording it on sky. Don't expect to see much after the goal, would I be right?

Not that I care :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

It was tough enough watching that match once

MOTD didn't show the Rooney penalty claim. Weird.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Delighted w the result and I thought the lads played well today. Suddenly things aren't looking as bad in the league.

• Advertisement

Considering we have had the toughest run of games of any team also things aint so bad.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement