Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

still cant get the club with the saugage/burger.

somebody spoil me please!
    Sausage is a frankfurter
    burger is a hamburger

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Hulk Hands wrote: »
    I got 43/44 on my own, but to be honest a few were just entering a team name into every available option. Can someone tell me what the Spurs and Chelsea ones were supposed to mean? Spoiler obv
    spurs - spurs on cowboy boots; chelsea - pensioners
    Ok, got the other italian team.
    Now I'm missing the team that slots in beside
    celtic
    . Have no idea where the clue for it is though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

Got the last one. Only that I had in my head that another yank team would be in there, I'd never have found the clue.
    Enter with facebook???? I have no facebook. What a waste of half an hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

on 43 now..cant figure out one last team. its the one with the white house beside wembley. a foreign team...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

on 43 now..cant figure out one last team. its the one with the white house beside wembley. a foreign team...
    Its not the white house
    Its st.peters cathedral

markc91 wrote: »
    Its not the white house
    Its st.peters cathedral

got it....cheers.

some of them are really vague.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im happy, I quite like Buttner, seems a genuine nice bloke too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I honestly don't get the Buttner hate. Hes 23. Hes very raw but he can improve his defending. Hes a very good attacking player. He could be a diamond with the right coaching.

• Advertisement

bullvine wrote: »
    I honestly don't get the Buttner hate. Hes 23. Hes very raw but he can improve his defending. Hes a very good attacking player. He could be a diamond with the right coaching.

not sure anybody hates him, people just dont think he is United quality.

i have to say, any day he is on the bench, if we are in early to see the warm up, he is one player that stands out when they are kicking about...his crossing/shooting/skills is excellent, so he must really stand out in training...his defensive side of the game needs working on though.

i honestly think he should forget about being a LB and concentrate on attacking as he is very good at it and while i dont think he is top level quality, he could do a great job on the LW for alot of clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

I think you could give a player that sort of lee-way at 18 - 20. By 23 he really should be proving himself and past the raw stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

greendom wrote: »
    I think you could give a player that sort of lee-way at 18 - 20. By 23 he really should be proving himself and past the raw stage

Nani is 26 and he is still skying too many crosses! :pac:

All players need coaching throughout their career, and can always learn more and improve.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Yet Welbeck gets plenty of leeway for rawness and hes only a year younger

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

I really like Buttner he's an exciting player to watch going forward but a huge liability defensively. He may still improve but I hope we go back for Coentrao in January instead of having to rely on him.

its been a long time since we've had a day this peaceful on the thread long may it continue!

i wonder have a couple of lads been banned or somthing?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

I'm glad to see Buttner being given an opportunity. I think he has personal drive and ambition and a good work ethic. Has pace to burn and while he might not be ready now, he could be in a few years time.

I remember sitting in here on the night Rafael got sent off against Bayern and for people calling for his head and saying he wasn't United quality because he was a little rash at the time. Alot can change with a year of intensive coaching and some game exposure. When I see Buttner play I see explosiveness, willingness to work the wings tirelessly and decent delivery.

Might not be beyond the realms of possibility that he might be getting looked at as a winger? Mad to say maybe, but there is a derth of actual good left wingers in the club, Ashley Young was a shambles against Liverpool and Nani is best deployed from the right.
    Who knows, just happy he might be staying longer and getting a chance, read an interesting article on his upbringing and family circumstances and hes one of those you wihs does well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Buttner is the next Bale:pac: ........stick him up front with RVP they will become known as the devastatingly deadly Dutch duo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

Perhaps Buttner will be the subject of the "LB turned LW" idea Moyes supposedly had for Baines and Coentrao?

Yet Welbeck gets plenty of leeway for rawness and hes only a year younger

Wellbeck has been capped 17 times by his country. Despite his flaws I think that puts him in proven category

Nani is 26 and he is still skying too many crosses! :pac:

All players need coaching throughout their career, and can always learn more and improve.

Established first team player well before the age of 23 though

• Advertisement

Established first team player well before the age of 23 though

I would say that would be reason to give Buttner more leeway, and Nani less! :pac:

Fellaini's height might just to the trick now, and a step-ladder! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I dont get the need to sign a new contract though, maybe Moyes sees a bit of Baines in him , I genuinely like Buttner though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

1234518_10151672159842746_1802494433_n.jpg

Noticed the clubs Facebook page uploaded this photo to mark the 111th anniversary of their first game as Manchester Utd. Would love to see more of this kind of thing from the clubs social media team instead of this retweet your MOTM etc. It would be nice to see a lot more pics and info from the clubs history imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,656 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

probably a buy out clause of 1 billion dollars

drevil1-195x157.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

The guy on the bottom right looks like Gary Neville.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Noticed the clubs Facebook page uploaded this photo to mark the 111th anniversary of their first game as Manchester Utd. Would love to see more of this kind of thing from the clubs social media team instead of this retweet your MOTM etc. It would be nice to see a lot more pics and info from the clubs history imo.

I've given up following them on Twitter. A 14 year old would think of better things to put up.

For a club that calls themselves one of the biggest in the world their Twitter account is a joke.

The 'retweet your MOTM' thing has worn thin after three games. I hope they discontinue it. It's pretty pathetic.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

All Kagawa's touches against during his match today

The backhell pass at 2:22 is tasty and in general his link up work is fantastic

I've given up following them on Twitter. A 14 year old would think of better things to put up.

For a club that calls themselves one of the biggest in the world their Twitter account is a joke.

The 'retweet your MOTM' thing has worn thin after three games. I hope they discontinue it. It's pretty pathetic.

It might be an idea to offer them suggestions on how to improve it. I don't follow them on social media, or visit the website much, but City for example having the tunnel cam at matches is a cool feature.

I think the United website is looking for you to sign up (and even pay?) for full access to the website.

All Kagawa's touches against during his match today

The backhell pass at 2:22 is tasty and in general his link up work is fantastic

Backhell pass I guess that was @evilkagawa ?

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭POSSY

Where's Giggs?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

With the window closed, now have to decide what name to get on my jersey :P Leaning towards Kagawa right now...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Our new jersey looks very like that old one, except for it has a black collar. I'm presuming that this is on purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

POSSY wrote: »
    Where's Giggs?

Probably off on international duty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,769 ✭✭✭dmc17

Where's Giggs?

I dunno, but Rooney is in the middle row beside Sir Alex holding the ball and Berbatov is back row 4th from left

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Where's Giggs?

Manager at the time favored Bebe.

It might be an idea to offer them suggestions on how to improve it. I don't follow them on social media, or visit the website much, but City for example having the tunnel cam at matches is a cool feature.

I think the United website is looking for you to sign up (and even pay?) for full access to the website.

The site is crap. Has been the same for the last few years. I only use it to check the view from seats when I'm looking at a game.

City blow United out of the water.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

With the window closed, now have to decide what name to get on my jersey :P Leaning towards Kagawa right now...

Carrick for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Danny boy just scored again. Got a booking too which rules him out of the Ukraine game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

shrewdness wrote: »
    Danny boy just scored again. Got a booking too which rules him out of the Ukraine game.

Excellent!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Welbeck has scored again. He's ridiculously clinical for England.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

He loves a chip does Danny.

RVP scored aswell, injury time penalty to equalise against Estonia.

Evil Kagawa ‏@evilkagawa 27m
    I no believe own eye. 2 more goal for Welbeck! If no careful he end up bench with Kagawa!
    Moyes really no like play-a-make or goal-a-take!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I can't be the only one who thinks that Evil Kagawa account is a load of unfunny ****e?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Welbecks first goal was fantastic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Fenix wrote: »
    I can't be the only one who thinks that Evil Kagawa account is a load of unfunny ****e?

It's ****ing awful. Can't understand how it's funny. Mildly racist, unfunny shít.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Nani came on as a sub for Portugal. Played alright. Started on the right and then switched to the left.
    Coentrao played a solid game, real pity he did not get his move to United,
    Ronaldo scored a hat trick, should sign him up next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

ibjWUgl2HKHUSq.gif

sY6Bfhv.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Happy Welbeck got his brace and is not having to play again in the week.

Wish Carrick would just tell England where to go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Days like today I wish I did not care about International football.

Only consolation is that we were never going to qualify as we have got a tough team in playoffs had we made it.

Bring on Palace for the love of God.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭Oregano_State

Dizzy Welbs really showed his pace there for the first goal, the CB had a huge head-start on him. Both goals were very well taken.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement