Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,587 ✭✭✭jaykay74

anyone know when rooney is back?

3 weeks was the rough estimate. I would imagine he will miss palace and maybe be on the bench for city.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

It's funny seeing Fellaini in these lineups now that he's an actual option and not shoved in beside Fabregas and Ronaldo etc. like over the whole Summer :pac:

I can't wait to see the disco-wigged fecker run out for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Kagawa should ask to be subbed in the Japan game tomorrow or not even play to gaurantee a spot in the team, it's his best chance to play in his favourite position behind the striker with Rooney out and I doubt he'll get in the team against City.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

Kagawa should ask to be subbed in the Japan game tomorrow or not even play to gaurantee a spot in the team, it's his best chance to play in his favourite position behind the striker with Rooney out and I doubt he'll get in the team against City.

Ya would love to see Kagawa get 90 minutes in the PL, doubt he'll get a start against City, but things are different now with Moyes and who knows what tactics we will play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

Macca07 wrote: »
    but things are different now with Moyes and who knows what tactics we will play.

Giggs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Giggs, should have done what Neville did, surely in his mind he realizes that bar the odd game where he shows flashes of his former self (Madrid) all he is doing is hampering the development of the others and POTENTIALLY undermining his legacy, by all means stay on as a coach or the background staff in order to nurture youth players coming through, but honestly, call it a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

very weird how a few accounts seems to have all disappeared at the same time in the last few days, also quite telling that theres barely been an ounce of trouble on here since these lads have stopped posting.

gives light to the theory that theres a few lads on here posting with multiple accounts or re-regs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

very weird how a few accounts seems to have all disappeared at the same time in the last few days, also quite telling that theres barely been an ounce of trouble on here since these lads have stopped posting.

gives light to the theory that theres a few lads on here posting with multiple accounts or re-regs.

Homer......tinfoil hat :)

PS: Can a mod please let me change my ****ing name, and no im not subscribing :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,213 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Or maybe it's that fact that it's international week and there's been no real United news around......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Its only quieter here cause its international week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

The Irony.

International break...the weekend....real life....take your pick :)

Its only quieter here cause its international week

nothing to do with what i am referring to.
    ericzeking wrote: »
    The Irony.

what irony? you saying i have duel accounts?

its amazing how quickly a few of ye are jumping on the defensive....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

nothing to do with what i am referring to.

Are you suggesting there are less people around this week who disagree with your point of view on the issues that have cropped up in the past few weeks?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

lordgoat wrote: »
    Let the hype commence.

Terry Cooke!!

kippy wrote: »
    Are you suggesting there are less people around this week who disagree with your point of view on the issues that have cropped up in the past few weeks?

nope.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

what irony? you saying i have duel accounts?

its amazing how quickly a few of ye are jumping on the defensive....

You can't spot the irony?
    You put up this pointless provocative post citing a lack of trouble on the board.

I don't think you have multiple accounts (I don't think this about anyone who disagrees with me), if you did, that would be truelly insane with the amount of posting you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,755 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

I don't know if this has been posted

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2415068/Manchester-United-chase-Cristiano-Ronaldo--Rob-Shepherd-Football-Grapevine.html

The Mail claiming United had set aside £80 million for Ronaldo and it was only two weeks before the end of the transfer window that Woodward admitted defeat.
    Says United have spent £2 million on market research on how to increase their brand globally, and getting Ronaldo was found to be one way to do it.
    Pretty obvious given how talented and popular he is...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭v3ttel

Or maybe it's that fact that it's international week and there's been no real United news around......

The long ball, kick and rush muck that was offered up on Friday night was enough to put me off football until about 12:45 on Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

tinfoil.jpg?w=595

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Yes I do agree the 4-4-2 formation may well be a thing of the past.

Did you see that ludicrous display last night? The thing about Arsenal is they always try to walk it into the net.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

I really hate internationals :(

I really hate internationals :(

I liked them a lot more back in the late 80's /early 90's.

kippy wrote: »
    I liked them a lot more back in the late 80's /early 90's.

Even as a kid when Ireland done well I hated them, I cant be the only one who loves United more than Ireland?

Even as a kid when Ireland done well I hated them, I cant be the only one who loves United more than Ireland?

You're probably not, but I've always enjoyed Ireland matches and internationals, up until recent times anyway.
    It's obviously a personal thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

So much wrong with this I don't even know where to start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Gonna be a man and name who you are accusing because it's pretty clear who you are referring to. Of course you'll just say their defensiveness is a sign of guilt and play dumb (which you did all summer when a person had a soild counterpoint)

tl:dr stop looking for a scrap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,825 ✭✭✭Timmyctc

Do people actually use dual accounts?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Thread was going along beautifully until this post.
    Was there any real need for it? Now the thread is being derailed and people are wound up.

Any talk of any re-reg speculation is not allowed so don't do it again.

Gonna be a man and name who you are accusing because it's pretty clear who you are referring to. Of course you'll just say their defensiveness is a sign of guilt and play dumb (which you did all summer when a person had a soild counterpoint)

tl:dr stop looking for a scrap

It's breaking the charter to do so.
    I wouldn't recommend anyone to do that unless they are looking for a yellow.

Sooooooo you guys like wanna give out about Woodward?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Or talk about opening a Fellaini wig store?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,369 ✭✭✭LostBoy101

Sooooooo you guys like wanna give out about Woodward?
    Ah sure, Woodward is only good at getting sponsor deals lets get Cantona in a room with players who wish to sign for United :rolleyes:

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Ah sure, Woodward is only good at getting sponsor deals lets get Cantona in a room with players who wish to sign for United :rolleyes:

He'll fly kick them if they say no, and if they say yes he'll shake hands with them before fly kicking them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Good old Paddy says Fellaini has the power!
    http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Sep/paddy-crerand-says-marouane-fellaini-is-a-powerful-signing-for-manchester-united.aspx

Wouldn't mind this, but its trash unfortunately
    http://whatculture.com/sport/man-utd-transfer-news-david-moyes-wants-christian-benteke-as-no-9.php

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Was there any real need for it? Now the thread is being derailed and people are wound up.
    FFS, there genuinly is something weird about you. i didnt bother replying to that post in the interest of the forums sanity and things settled. however, here you are about 18 hours later bringing up the discussion again.

:)

because it's pretty clear who you are referring to. Of course you'll just say their defensiveness is a sign of guilt and play dumb (which you did all summer when a person had a soild counterpoint)

its not clear at all, i never named anybody and id be pretty sure youve no idea who i am talking about. in relation to the second part, if its the incident i am thinking about,your free to PM mars Bar who dealt with the issue and handed out warnings/infractions due to the issue.

Any talk of any re-reg speculation is not allowed so don't do it again.

apologies, i wont bring the topic up again, ill PM you instead and you can deal with it outside the thread like has been done in the past.

my bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

I would most def say the lack of posting in here is due to all news being pretty much about internationals. IIRC, it always gets dull in here during Int Weeks.

Also, most people are probably getting their heads round all this garbage coming out in the papers as journos begin to realise the window is closed, and now they really need to grasp to stories to sell papers.

EG - Kyle Walker taking helium from a balloon in June........splashed all over the papers the first weekend after the window closes. Shock. Horror.

It'l be heating up once tomorrow passes Id say.

What planet is Henning Berg on? He said this about Fellaini
    I just hope he doesn’t play central midfield, I hope he can play up front next to van Persie, as a link up player and goal-scorer.

No doubt Fellaini can do that job but why would you put him there when you have Kagawa and Rooney there and a gaping hole in midfield?

Christ almighty...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

No doubt Fellaini can do that job but why would you put him there when you have Kagawa and Rooney there and a gaping hole in midfield?

Christ almighty...

Truly bizarre comments, not hard to see why he's out of a job at the moment.

how long did he last as manager of Blackburn again!? ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Christ almighty...

I hope that was a case of lost in translation.

If not, it goes somewhat to proving my notion that footballers aren't always the best judges of football.

I've always thought that they don't particularly know their game in the same depth as a golfer or tennis player. Maybe that's more to do with golfers playing a far more technical game and having their swings analysed in minute detail.

I digress.

I hope that was a case of lost in translation.

If not, it goes somewhat to proving my notion that footballers aren't always the best judges of football.

I've always thought that they don't particularly know their game in the same depth as a golfer or tennis player. Maybe that's more to do with golfers playing a far more technical game and having their swings analysed in minute detail.

I digress.

Sure ye have managers like Mourinho and AVB nowadays who've never played football and are still managing in top leagues. Shows ye dont have to play football to know the game as good/better than one.

EDIT: I know Mourinho technically did play football professionally but he had basically a 5 year career for some awful teams.

True!

TBF how many managers did Blackburn have in that year or two. Like twelve or something? :pac:

Some people make the mistake of taking footballers and ex footballers' opinions as gospel. I know a few lads, who back in the day, took everything the RTE lads said about Ronaldo not being good enough as fact and they were still going that way until it came to the point where you couldn't say anything against Cristy without looking like a complete idiot.

I just take their opinion as the shíte it is really unless they've been proven to speak a lot of sense and actually shown that they know what they're talking about.

Most of them think just because they've been a professional player they're experts on all other aspects of the game and as we've seen with a lot of them they're far from experts.

People in this forum and friends of mine write and speak a lot more sense about football than a lot of ex professionals.

Pele is a good example, not many people pay attention to his opinions because they're normally ego driven nonsense or other times just plain wrong, and yet he's one of the greatest to ever play the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Cristy????

• Advertisement

Autocorrect kept changing Cristiano and I was too lazy to fully spell it manually

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

Autocorrect kept changing Cristiano and I was to lazy to fully spell it manually

Cristy-Ah-No

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I find it incredibly frustrating that not only do we lose all the transfer windows, we can't even discuss United stories given most of the media are foucsed on the internationals. It's like coming down off drugs and going cold turkey.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Winston Payne

This was said best over twenty years ago.
    You do not need to have been a horse to become a jockey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

I just get bored during international breaks :)

The trolls haven't gone away you know ;)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement