Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

max life wrote: »
    Will be interesting to see how Sideshow Bob fits in

Probably be on the bench with Terry and Cahill starting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This is Rafael on PES

BT_VhkOIEAAJ8tA.jpg

I really hope it's a case of someone editing another player or something coz that's nothing like him!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Mars Bar wrote: »
    This is Rafael on PES

BT_VhkOIEAAJ8tA.jpg

The new one?

That's awful

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

When did Rafael turn 13?

Steve Round on Fellaini: "We needed that bit of presence & authority in the middle of the pitch and dominate a game from that perspective."

Should put to bed any lingering doubts about where we're going to play him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Danger781 wrote: »
    When did Rafael turn 13?

and why did he pinch Fellaini's hair ?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭Elro

This is Rafael on PES

I really hope it's a case of someone editing another player or something coz that's nothing like him!

Evans is much worse than that.

1208604_10151637089806430_879352066_n.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭markc91

greendom wrote: »
    and why did he pinch Fellaini's hair ?
    Try Bob Marleys :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nice day of football tomorrow, United early, I'll watch Chelsea at half 5, Barca at 7 and Madrid at 9.

I really hate international breaks.

I hope Moyes sets up to play good football tomorrow, the Champions against a promoted side it really shouldn't be any different, I'd like to see Nani playing, and Kagawa on for at least 30 minutes if Moyes still thinks he isn't ready to start. There's no reason for Giggs to play tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Elro wrote: »
    Evans is much worse than that.

1208604_10151637089806430_879352066_n.jpg

WTF has happened PES?

He looks like a skinny headed Joe Hart

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,393 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Yeah - Raf and Evans are laughable in it - though Evans is a BEAST for headers!

They have said they plan to do up to (and maybe more) than 1000 face updates in the month or two after launch. I would imagine United players who are wrong will be high on the list of those to be fixed, being a licensed game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

My favourite thing about PES games over the years was how year after year they would ship a game that included a white skinned, blonde haired Silvestre along with a dark brown/black skinned Milan Baros.

Yeah - Raf and Evans are laughable in it - though Evans is a BEAST for headers!

They have said they plan to do up to (and maybe more) than 1000 face updates in the month or two after launch. I would imagine United players who are wrong will be high on the list of those to be fixed, being a licensed game.

Hopefully they will, the faces they have done already are spot on. I just find it funny how they manage to get such straight forward things like hair style and colour so completely wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Do people still play PES?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Christ those images are laughable!

Can't wait for tomorrow now. Hoping to see Fellaini and Kagawa at some point also.

No Rooney, so does it just mean Danny starts up top? 4-4-2 / 4-5-1 / 4-3-3?

interesting stat - no sure if already posted - Fellaini won more aerial duels than the entire United Midfield put together last season.

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Do people still play PES?

Yep - a good number of Fifa converts are also saying PES plays better this year than Fifa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Use to love PES back in the day but since they changed it, has never been the same for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Yep - a good number of Fifa converts are also saying PES plays better this year than Fifa.

God I hope so. Traded in PES around Jan for FIFA but just couldn't warm to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,748 ✭✭✭✭Lovely Bloke

Is the match on BT or Sky?

BT

• Advertisement

s_carnage wrote: »
    God I hope so. Traded in PES around Jan for FIFA but just couldn't warm to it.

I've always been a PES guy - right back to ISS on the Snes, inclusive of Goalstorm on the PS1.

Since PES6 on the PS2 it just hasn't been right though. none of the next gen versions have had the same magic. Bough FIFA a few times, but never found it to my taste either. Always something about both titles I just didn't like.

Not sure on the new versions either, to be honest. Played the PES2014 demo and I do like it, but some stuff annoyed me too - reckon I will like it more if I practice at the close control/dribbling more though.

Will be getting FIFA14 free with the XBOX One, and will get PES for the 360, so i'll be giving both a proper go this year. Probably more so Fifa as it will be next-gen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I've always been a PES guy - right back to ISS on the Snes, inclusive of Goalstorm on the PS1.

Since PES6 on the PS2 it just hasn't been right though. none of the next gen versions have had the same magic. Bough FIFA a few times, but never found it to my taste either. Always something about both titles I just didn't like.

Not sure on the new versions either, to be honest. Played the PES2014 demo and I do like it, but some stuff annoyed me too - reckon I will like it more if I practice at the close control/dribbling more though.

Will be getting FIFA14 free with the XBOX One, and will get PES for the 360, so i'll be giving both a proper go this year. Probably more so Fifa as it will be next-gen.

Do you play the Become a Legend mode on it Mitch?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

master-t wrote: »
    Christ those images are laughable! .
    Come on, give them a chance it's early days, they said they are working at getting some upgrades in and identified the weaknesses. Wait for the update deadline before making such harsh comments :-P

Do you play the Become a Legend mode on it Mitch?

No, on either. Tried to - wanted to love it as I do love the idea, but I found it too frustrating due to game mechanics. Will give it another go on them this time around - hopefully they have improved them.

Though PES missed a massive trick in BaL by not including training games to increase stats - along the same lines as the training mini games they used to have in the older titles. Proper training scenarios to teach you accuracy with crosses, long balls, tackling etc. remember they had these in a mode where you could set high scores etc. Why something like that isn't in BaL is beyond me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

PES2008 had that annoying thing that would get players on your own team sent off (AI assited) and existed until 2010 (the last one i played).

Ive found FIFA since 08 to be the better game in every aspect but it always feels like somethings missing im hoping its fixed on the PS4

The become a legend mode was quality imo as the AI is not as dumb as FIFA be a pro mode

Ill probably end up buying PES for PC and FIfa for PS4 and seeing which i like more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Don't all the PES developers work for Ea now since FIFA 10?

NTMK wrote: »
    PES2008 had that annoying thing that would get players on your own team sent off (AI assited) and existed until 2010 (the last one i played).

Ive found FIFA since 08 to be the better game in every aspect but it always feels like somethings missing im hoping its fixed on the PS4

The become a legend mode was quality imo as the AI is not as dumb as FIFA be a pro mode

Ill probably end up buying PES for PC and FIfa for PS4 and seeing which i like more
    Fifa was certainly the better title on PS3/360 - but even saying that I just didn't find either title all that much fun. Just found both very frustrating for various reasons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is the match on BT or Sky?

Seems all 12.45 will be BT. 5.30's are Sky with the silly audience theme LOL.

5.30's are Sky with the silly audience theme LOL.

I concur. Crap idea by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

I don't like it one bit I tells ya!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

RasTa wrote: »
    Don't all the PES developers work for Ea now since FIFA 10?

the 2 lead developers moved but its crazy that the remaining staff couldnt hold it together. i mean there would be 100s of people working on a game

magnumbud wrote: »
    the 2 lead developers moved but its crazy that the remaining staff couldnt hold it together. i mean there would be 100s of people working on a game

I know it's been said every year for the last 4 or 5 years but there is a belief that this years PES will actually be very good again.

I was a PES man for ages but went to FIFA for the Euro 2008 game and all afterwards. Kind of sick of FIFA again now though so will give both a fair chance when they're out in the hope that one of them impresses me.

Fifa was certainly the better title on PS3/360 - but even saying that I just didn't find either title all that much fun. Just found both very frustrating for various reasons.

niether did i tbh but ive found that with a lot of EA sports games solid but not very fun. I sometimes wish 2K would release a football game as ive found NBA 2K12/13 two of the best sports games on the market and insanely fun too

NTMK wrote: »
    niether did i tbh but ive found that with a lot of EA sports games solid but not very fun. I sometimes wish 2K would release a football game as ive found NBA 2K12/13 two of the best sports games on the market and insanely fun too

Are the 2K Hockey games any good do you know?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,850 ✭✭✭Julez

magnumbud wrote: »

I think PES has a substantionally lower amount of developers than FIFA. This was a few years ago I heard that though so it may not be true anymore.

Mars, I have NHL 2K9 and its great fun, haven't played any of the newer ones.

Are the 2K Hockey games any good do you know?

They were okay and not spectacular didnt change an awful lot from 2k8 onwards (EA NHL had a fifa like improvement from the shut out onwards) and were cancelled due to poor sales. EA NHL is the dominant game and Hockey isnt a market that can support 2 games imo

Julez wrote: »
    Mars, I have NHL 2K9 and its great fun, haven't played any of the newer ones.

I have NHL 12 and it's very repetitive and they made an absolute balls with a freezing issue. I'd be tempted to try 2k14.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I seem to keep clicking into a games thread by mistake, its very strange.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

There's only so much you can talk about after two weeks without any United related news. I'd rather this than the thread falling off the front page.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭Macca07

It's like a talkshow or something, still expecting Chris Tarrant to be sitting there some night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Macca07 wrote: »
    It's like a talkshow or something, still expecting Chris Tarrant to be sitting there some night

Its the most cringe worthy thing Sky have put together around football ,

Just a bit of good news... have taking Kagawa out of my Fantasy Football team. So cue lots of playing time and countless goals and assists.
    Ye can thank me later....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,802 ✭✭✭✭kippy

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Its the most cringe worthy thing Sky have put together around football ,

Just a bit of good news... have taking Kagawa out of my Fantasy Football team. So cue lots of playing time and countless goals and assists.
    Ye can thank me later....

Probably been posted already and nothing to do with United as such, but I think your comment there is found here somewhere.
    Found it very funny in general:

http://balls.ie/football/fantasy-football-tips/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Fellaini:
    I want to play as a defensive midfielder. If I can help the team going forward I will. #MUFC

Quotes from press conference:

Moyes: We chose to do Fellaini right at the end as we wanted to sign Leighton Baines. It was a last minute decision to split the deal.

Fellaini just saying that he hoped deal happened but had doubts until last moments...wants to work hard at United...just wants to play well.

Fellaini: I want to play as a defensive midfielder. If I can help the team going forward I will.

Moyes: I'm very happy the window is over and I am very happy with my business.

Moyes: We will get Fellaini involved quickly.

Fellaini: "I will show what I can do on the pitch...that's it! I don't care what anyone else thinks...I don't care about the fee..."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

markc91 wrote: »
    Quotes from press conference:

Moyes: I'm very happy the window is over and I am very happy with my business.

no....no I am having none of it! I am outta here!

see ya later lads!

*runs*

• Advertisement

http://t.co/PPRImG9Aot

Moyes: I think the final day is always a doubt. Things can go wrong for different reasons. In the end it didn't and we're thankful for MF.

Moyes: "We didn't want to give up on Baines so we kept the deals together and only split it [for Fellaini] at the last minute." #mufc

Moyes: "Every time I see Belgium play, they talk about this great team, but I always come away thinking Fellaini is the best player."

Fellaini: "I need to work hard for my place - there are a lot of good players here. I need to show my ability. I'll keep focused." #mufc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

If tha'ts true about Baines then I am very confused about the whole Contrao fiasco.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

If tha'ts true about Baines then I am very confused about the whole Contrao fiasco.

Whats confusing? After deciding to accept defeat in the Baines pursuit they turned attention to Coentrao

What fiasco, loan deal was done until Real pulled out because they couldn't get a replacement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Should have asked him why we were after a first choice left back when we have Paddy

Actually can't believe none of those journos asked

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement