Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

As much as I hate the term, if I had to define world class I would do it as follows:

Earth are playing Mars in the Solar System Super Cup. You have to pick the squad. A world class player is anyone that you would consider for that squad.

Space Jam 2 right there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭elchupanebrey

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Space Jam 2 right there

Funny enough i think United were in for Bugs Bunny at one stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Funny enough i think United were in for Bugs Bunny at one stage.

When where we in for Suarez......:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Workmanlike is the phrase I'd use for Fletcher, seeing as he's been at one club for his entire career.

Another ambiguous phrase really, that implies he doesn't inspire his teammates which isn't true, great captain for Scotland.

Don't worry lads, I'm here to help. I believe 'industrious' is the word you're looking for. Perhaps 'sedulous'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Just setting out for Manchester. Haven't been to a match in nearly two years. Going to the next five league matches at home and the Leverkusen match. I'll be lucky if I have any money for food by the end of it all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Just setting out for Manchester. Haven't been to a match in nearly two years. Going to the next five league matches at home and the Leverkusen match. I'll be lucky if I have any money for food by the end of it all.

Any chance you could ask Moyes to come onto boards during the January Window before the place melts down?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

It's gameday!!!!!!!! Thank christ :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian)
    David Moyes on Ander Herrera today: "We made an offer for £23m and we were never going to go to the buy-out clause" #mufc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I know this is a bit cheeky to ask in here but I'm stuck. I've only the phone home from college so I can't stream the match on my laptop. Could someone pm me and tell me how I could watch the game on my phone? Phone is android if that matters

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Daniel Taylor (@DTguardian)
    David Moyes on Ander Herrera today: "We made an offer for £23m and we were never going to go to the buy-out clause" #mufc
    Seems like a sensible choice in terms of price, the buy-out clause for Herrera was silly and he's not worth it. Still, the way things went down with regards the deal that day was just bloody confusing.

Looking forward to seeing Fellaini's power today and scope how strong it'll make us. Also, I can't remember the last time anyone at United had really cool hair like his.

I know this is a bit cheeky to ask in here but I'm stuck. I've only the phone home from college so I can't stream the match on my laptop. Could someone pm me and tell me how I could watch the game on my phone? Phone is android if that matters
    Do you have a BT Sport subscription? If so I think there's an app for it where you can watch the game live on iOS, surely there'd be one for Android if that's the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

BBC reporting Fellaini starts...

Now BT sports saying Rooney starts and Fellaini doesn't...

Wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

kagawa out with flu :mad:

United XI vs Crystal Palace: De Gea; Fabio, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Young; Rooney, Van Persie.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

jebus84 wrote: »
    United XI vs Crystal Palace: De Gea; Fabio, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Valencia, Carrick, Anderson, Young; Rooney, Van Persie.

Big day for Ando, lets hope he delivers. Delighted to see an RB at RB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Nailz wrote: »
    Do you have a BT Sport subscription? If so I think there's an app for it where you can watch the game live on iOS, surely there'd be one for Android if that's the case.
    No I don't. I kinda just presumed I'd be able to get onto a first row mobile site or something but that doesn't seem to be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

No Nani in squad :/

Shane St. wrote: »
    No Nani in squad :/
    Januzaj makes the bench though! I would love him to get some time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

jebus84 wrote: »
    Strange... I guess hes giving ando the chance too prove himself

• Advertisement

good to see Januzaj and Zaha on the bench aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

No I don't. I kinda just presumed I'd be able to get onto a first row mobile site or something but that doesn't seem to be

you need an app that converts flash player, the one i use is is called skyfire

Is Fellaini on the bench?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

So which team is correct then?! There's two going around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭chips1234

zorro2566 wrote: »
    Is Fellaini on the bench?

yep

Mars Bar wrote: »
    So which team is correct then?! There's two going around.
    De Gea
    Fabio
    Ferdinand
    Vidic
    Evra
    Valencia
    Anderson
    Carrick
    Young
    Rooney
    Van Persie

Bench:
    Amos
    Evans
    Hernandez
    Cleverley
    Zaha
    Fellaini
    Januzaj

No kags or nani???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,291 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

whats the story with kagawa? he'll be gone in Jan. if this trend continues

whats the story with kagawa? he'll be gone in Jan. if this trend continues
    He's caught a bit of a cold or flu as far as I'm told and sent home to rest. Not sure what the story is with Nani though, I'm sure there's something up with him, he's only just signed a 5 year contract extension within the week so obviously that's not just for laying around in the reserves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,017 ✭✭✭Chagan

I'm sure the fact we've got a CL game midweek followed by a Manchester Derby is the reason Nani, Welbeck etc. are not featruring today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Brilliant interview with Rio and Vidic on BT Sport now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Chagan wrote: »
    I'm sure the fact we've got a CL game midweek followed by a Manchester Derby is the reason Nani, Welbeck etc. are not featruring today.

I just disagree on Nani. He should have started today and rested midweek for the City game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Chagan wrote: »

Exactly, they'll be playing on Tuesday instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

No Nani argghhhhhhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Surely to god this should have been the game to give Zaha a start. He was probably the best player on the tour and deserves a start. Glad to see Janjuaz on the bench hopefully have game sown up with 20 mins to go and bring him on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 792 ✭✭✭KombuchaMshroom

Anyone able to pm me a recipe for this please?

I'm in the first row and there not great seats any else have a better view? Even hd of the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,370 ✭✭✭b757

Greats strike by Carrick there.

I'm in the first row and there not great seats any else have a better view? Even hd of the game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

MrMac84 wrote: »

Check your inbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

First row is woeful today, anybody got a better view?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Ah here. Don't be using ambiguous words in your response to an ambiguous phrase :pac:

We've done this before:
    keane2097 wrote: »
    A journeyman was a medieval craftsmans' rank between apprentice and master.

The "journey" part of the word has nothing etymologically to do with travelling, and journeymen didn't typically travel at all. Instead they were employed by a master craftsman who would pay them by the day ("journee"), as they endeavoured to improve their skills to the point at which they would be suitably proficient to complete a masterpiece, which they could then submit to the relevant guild with the hope of being accepted as a master craftsman.

A travelling journeyman - which was a later phenomenon - is referred to as such, as the standalone term does not imply travel.

Enfin, Darren Fletcher = journeyman, Marcus Bent = travelling journeyman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Lads, its getting incredible at this stage, everybody should now know where to stream games. The good sites haven't changed in a long time. If you don't, you have as much chance typing it in to google and following the links as you do asking here

It really isn't difficult, find a site you like, bookmark it. Use for the future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭d22ontour

People are lazy though, if they have been using firstrow it's no wonder they can't find a decent stream anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

That BT Sport "pitch" thing in the studio is just awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

there is a thread for streams. Any requests for streams here or in the match thread will result in a card.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Why is fabio at rb?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

case885 wrote: »
    Why is fabio at rb?

Because no Raf or Jones

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Telling yas if we can hold onto this Januzaj lad hes gonna be a star.

Looks so natural on the ball hes looked more dangerous in fifteen twenty minutes then Valencia has in last season or two.

Need to do everything to make sure hes not another Pogba.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Telling yas if we can hold onto this Januzaj lad hes gonna be a star.

Looks so natural on the ball hes looked more dangerous in fifteen twenty minutes then Valencia has in last season or two.

Need to do everything to make sure hes not another Pogba.

Jan taking his chances by being impressive, Pogba was pretty average when he came into first team opportunities tbh

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement