Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Going out so wanted to get this in before I went.

Happy with today. RVP seemed a little off but still was dangerous. Rooney's freekick was awesome. Januzaj looks a real star in the making and hope we hold on to him. And Fellaini had a solid debut as well. Really happy with that today. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

TheDoc wrote: »
    Jan taking his chances by being impressive, Pogba was pretty average when he came into first team opportunities tbh

I meant more the fact of making sure we dont let a very promising young player with a lot of potential slip out of our grasp again.

Theres gonna be clubs sniffing around for him the more he does what he did today.

Just hope it never becomes an issue and hes someone we can all look forward to seeing do it for United at the highest level over the next few years :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

Januzaj played excellent for a cameo, found space, held the ball and won the free kick rooney scored.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Adnan should be ahead of Young.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Mightn't have looked a great performance but it was only up front that we were really off form. Had we Rooney and RvP in top form it would have been a mauling.
    Never under any pressure.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Two nil win,job done.

Great to see Januzaj and take his chance to impress,hopefully we see more of him as the season goes on.

Fellaini looked comfortable when he came on and will be a huge help to Carrick in CM.

BT Sports coverage is more annoying then TV3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Happy with today aswell. Most importantly the 3 points but Fellaini's introduction went well and Adnan's definitely one to watch for the future,some great potential there.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Soldie

Good performance today. After a slow and frustrating start we looked more solid and dangerous when Fellaini and Januzaj came on. Here's hoping Zaha and Januzaj do well this season so that Valencia and Young can stay on the bench where they belong. I missed having wingers who actually try to beat a man.

Any idea what's up with Nani?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Moyes' first win at Old Trafford. Happy with today.

Defence and goalkeeper: Could of went off for a nap and came back for the last few minutes. Evra was very pleasing though. Did a lot of running up the wing, made a couple passes into the box that could of led to a goal.

Valencia: Final ball was terrible today.

Young: Dive aside, I felt he had a very good game today. Linked up well with Evra on the left.

Carrick: Solid.

Fellaini: Good debut. Came in and did what was expected. Looked solid defensively and looked an aerial threat at times.

Anderson: Did nothing.

Van Persie: Could of had a lot more than one today. I'd say he's disappointed not to have gotten a couple more.

Rooney: Very good. Free kick was excellent but his overall play was pleasing. Was making some good passes and held the ball up well today.

Januzaj: We all know the story here. We've been watching him for quite a while and we all know the kid can be class. To come on at Old Trafford, in an important league game for all involved, especially Moyes, and to play with such confidence and constantly look for the ball is a great sign. A lot of young players would be happy to just play a few one two's and make some runs. He was constantly up the wing looking to make big plays.

I'm happy with Moyes to give the youth a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Tony V is the most annoying player,once he picked out a team mate today and that was when he laid one back to Rooney,he seems to have totally lost his way as a winger,his crossing when he does cross is now pure muck.

Young I thought was just getting into the game before going off,himself and Evra were beginning to link up well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

I can see that team except Fellaini for Anderson playing v City next week.

Something tells me it will be 3 points to. Rooney usually performs v City away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

Unearthly wrote: »
    I can see that team except Fellaini for Anderson playing v City next week.

Something tells me it will be 3 points to. Rooney usually performs v City away.

When fit I think I'd have Nani Kagawa Welbeck and even Adnan ahead of both Valencia and Young for starting positions, especially with the arrival of Fellaini.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

adox wrote: »
    When fit I think I'd have Nani Kagawa Welbeck and even Adnan ahead of both Valencia and Welbeck for starting positions, especially with the arrival of Fellaini.

So you'd have Welbeck..ahead of Welbeck??
    Genius!

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

adox wrote: »
    When fit I think I'd have Nani Kagawa Welbeck and even Adnan ahead of both Valencia and Welbeck for starting positions, especially with the arrival of Fellaini.

Agreed but I just think that's the team Moyes will pick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

I don't care if it was against 10 men. That performance from Andan is better than anything i have seen from a winger at the club in a long time. If your good enough your old enough. He deserves a chance in the team imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

Very comfortable today and apart from when Rio badly misjudged a ball over the top in first half, we were never in any danger of conceding. Also very impressed with Januzaj and equally unimpressed with Valencia and Young.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

OK lads I missed the missed the game and can anyone give me a brief run down of the match,cant wait till MOTD.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

yabadabado wrote: »
    OK lads I missed the missed the game and can anyone give me a brief run down of the match,cant wait till MOTD.

We won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

So what does everyone think is Utd's strongest 11 if eveyone is fit?

Me:

De Gea

Jones Rio Vido Evra

Carrick Fellaini

Welback Kagawa Rooney

Van P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Januzaj > Young.

Fairly poor performances from Anderson, Young, Rooney and Van Persie. The rest of the team did well, especially in the last 15 minutes or so. Even Valencia had a somewhat better performance than we have seen of late, beat a man and everything. If the strikers were on form, it could have been a mauling.

Solid if unspectacular display from Fellaini, looking forward to seeing more from him. He is definitely better than the other options, going on today. He and Carrick seemed to be trying to play the same role, sitting pretty deep most of the time. If they are going to play together one of them needs to be getting forward more when the team is on the attack.

Happy with the 3 points, slightly disappointed with the performance overall.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

yabadabado wrote: »

We weren't great today in fairness but some decent play at times. The real positives were Fellaini and Adnan when they came on.

So what does everyone think is Utd's strongest 11 if eveyone is fit?

Me:

De Gea

Jones Rio Vido Evra

Carrick Fellaini

Welback Kagawa Rooney

Van P

I am not sure if your serious or not. Rafael is a much better rb than Jones. Also Wellbeck and Rooney are wasted on thw wing that team's horrible.

On a side note has Zaha knocked off Moyes wife or something. He has yet to be seen after a very good pre season.

We won.
    not that brief.:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

#MUFC boss David Moyes on Young's dive. "I don't like diving and, rightly so, he got booked."

Good to hear.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,293 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

Nuts102 wrote: »
    I am not sure if your serious or not. Rafael is a much better rb than Jones. Also Wellbeck and Rooney are wasted on thw wing that team's horrible.

maybe your right on jones. I think he should be in the team though.

if the team I picked is horrible what would you suggest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

RvP seems to have been credited with an assist for Rooney's free kick in the Fantasy Football :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

RvP seems to have been credited with an assist for Rooney's free kick in the Fantasy Football :pac:

Even when hes not on the pitch hes doing the goods!!.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,657 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Fair play to Moyes there hopefully we wont see that fecker diving anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,333 ✭✭✭Saganist

Adnans 20 mins reminded me of the debut of a certain CR against Bolton back in 2003.

Not saying they are similar players or that Adnan will emulate what Ronaldo has done, but, there was the same kind of excitement every time he got the ball.

Lets hope he develops more and more and turns into a top top player.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Ashley Young is a disgrace to football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

How did Fabio do? I heard we played ok pretty much what I expected after Internationals.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

Valencia was woeful again. If he couldn't threaten against a 10 man Crystal Palace that says enough. He has been this poor for a year and a half now. He has no place in that Utd team anymore.

Young & Anderson were also fairly weak.

RVP didn't get much service really.

Rooney didn't have a bad game.

Carrick was solid as always

I thought Fellaini had a good debut. The team looked much more balanced with him beside Carrick. It's actually exciting to see that our midfield has a physically imposing battler again.

Januzaj is a lovely player with a great attitude. Classy on the ball, excellent weighting on his passes and he clearly has a football brain. I was delighted to see Moyes giving him game time.

3 points in the bag and not a bad performance. It was against 10 men for half the match but still positive for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

How did Fabio do? I heard we played ok pretty much what I expected after Internationals.

He did fine, it's difficult to stand out when the right wing is such a black hole for attacks and Valencia never accommodates the overlap.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

TheDoc wrote: »
    Jan taking his chances by being impressive, Pogba was pretty average when he came into first team opportunities tbh

Ya cos Pogba got loads of time in the league with pretty much a full team around him. Oh wait he didn't.

Adnan should be ahead of Young.

Sure he should be ahead of Young in a game where he didn't have to defend or track back and could generally waltz all over the pitch. If you had the choice between him or Young are you seriously saying you'd play him?

Absolute nonsense. He's a smashing player but not quite first team player yet. To heap this much expectation on him is crazy.

Dive aside Young had a great game today. Valencia was much. I have Young in the team ahead of him every week.
    Saganist wrote: »
    Adnans 20 mins reminded me of the debut of a certain CR against Bolton back in 2003.

Not saying they are similar players or that Adnan will emulate what Ronaldo has done, but, there was the same kind of excitement every time he got the ball.

Lets hope he develops more and more and turns into a top top player.

I agree with this.

maybe your right on jones. I think he should be in the team though.

if the team I picked is horrible what would you suggest?

Who should Jones be in the team ahead of so.

My team

DDG

Rafael Ferdinand Vidic Evra

Fellaini Carrick]

Nani Rooney Kagawa

RVP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Adnan's calmness on the ball is great. Young lad, loves the ball at his feet and doesn't panic when he has it. Bulk him up a bit in the coming years and we got quality on our hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Johan-cruyff+barcelona.jpgAdnan-Januzaj.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,347 ✭✭✭Quandary

That cruyff Januzaj picture is uncanny, They could be father and son!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,392 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Quandary wrote: »
    That cruyff Januzaj picture is uncanny, They could be father and son!

Hopefully he turns out a bit better than that :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Give him the number 7.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Give him the number 7.

I'd agree with that. The shirt is vacant and no-one is getting it anytime soon (don't even mention him...) so give him a new contract and the number 7 shirt.

He's an exciting talent, lets not mess him around like we did with Pogba.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭SirDelboy18

I'm pretty sure the only thing Young offers that Januzaj doesn't is his willingness to cheat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Soldie wrote: »

Any idea what's up with Nani?

I think he played the full 90 for Portugal over in Brazil during the week. It was a late match as well I think, I'd say that's what kept him out today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Elsewhere City
    0-0
    5 minutes + injury time left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Delighted with the 3 points today. Made up to score my first goal of the season. Hopefully the first of many!

Rooney on Facebook.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Moyes on Januzaj
    "I considered playing him from the start," said Moyes. "His performance when he came on showed it would have been merited.

Januzaj must be really impressing in training!
    We've a serious amount of options in the front four so it'd be criminal if we are seeing Giggs in every second game.

Also, I'd say we'll be seeing Nani on Tuesday and after playing internationals during the week, I'd say Moyes was just resting him.

It's very important that Moyes and the lads get off to a great start to our European campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Was kagawa on bench today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Was kagawa on bench today?

Nah, he's got the Flu.

No

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement