Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

I'm not one for exaggerating but i'm certain Januzaj will be the best player in the Universe in a few years.

Him and that lad from Mars are truly universe class.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Januzaj will probably end up playing for Albania instead of Belgium. If he becomes a great player, it would be a pity not to see him succeed at international level like Giggs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Seeing Mesut Özil play for Arsenal on MOTD there has made me very jelly... Great player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

Nailz wrote: »
    Seeing Mesut Özil play for Arsenal on MOTD there has made me very jelly... Great player.

ya great performance by him should have had 2 more assists except for walcott imo

I watched Ozil earlier and Eriksen now on MOTD, Ozil was top class and Eriksen showed he could be something really special, watching them play that role really makes me want to see Kagawa do the same for United. He really is wasted when he's played left wing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Garay scored two goals today.

Also cutting out the dive, Young had a good game today, he should be fined a few weeks wages for the dive though. He tries it almost every game

Finally some football to talk about. This international break business 2 weeks into the new season really is a load of bollix, a skip-ful of mickies if you can imagine. I know i said at the time 'this window will do us wonders to regroup and prepare blah blah...' but I was almost on the ground with anticipation by the time 12.45 arrived today. When the final whistle blew, I had that '...so what now?' feeling.

Anyway, that was a tougher match for our boys than I was expecting. Getting the goal before half time did a lot to calm my nerves, so I can only imagine it made for a few thousand lowered heart-rates around OT, not the least that of Sir Alex Ferguson, spectator. (Still hard to believe at times!)

I was happy to see Anderson's name on the team line-up initially, but I knew a good ten minutes before half-time that if 2013/14 was going to the season where he finally impressed consistently, it wouldn't be because of today's game. I love that when he gets the ball that his immediate intention is to think 'forward', but there is so much more to be done before making a forward play,i.e first touch and securing possession. Then, some of his through passes were a bit heavy when he did get to make one or 2 of them.

I had played with the notion that we mightn't see Fellaini in the starting line-up considering the game that was in it, that there was a chance in my mind that he'd come on for the hero's welcome. Thankfully at 1-0 up and 1 man up, conditions were ripe to bring the big man on and he couldn't have asked for a warmer response or 2 more simpler touches for his 1st in a United shirt. He was composed; purposeful in all his play, and showed some of his trademark aggression without giving away frees. I'm sure we all would have went bonkers if he scored that volley, and he showed great confidence in bringing the ball down and striking it. Incidentally, he shouldn't have gotten a chance beyond chesting it down as replays (noticeably one from behind the goal) show the nearest Palace player bricking it and running out of the way (or doing a Nasri). Can't wait to see more of him, and his name along with Carrick's has to a given first choice for Citeh.

One thing I definitely didn't see coming today was Adnan Januzaj. I mean I've drooled over his abilities in pre-season and know well about the lad, but with the desire I had to see Nani and Kagawa's names in the squad today, I had completely overlooked Adnan. So there it is, evidence the 18 year old can play in the PL. I know we were 'only' playing Palace, but that was no easy game and I've actually not seen a team in recent memory perform as well with 10 men as Crystal Palace did today.

But yes, Adnan can play in the physical game. He found out pretty quickly that his stepover/tricks wouldn't work when he tried it with the Palace RB who promptly shut him out, and was lucky to get the result of a corner and not left on his hole. The rest was of his play was inspiring. That is the kind of creativity that we have been lacking in the wings as of late. I'm not sure who I want to see succeed more at Manchester United out of the trio of Nani, Kagawa and Januzaj but surely David Moyes and co. have to find away to appease all 3 as they are gifted talents, both potentially and currently. Today DM made a big statement on the purveyance of youth at Manchester United, as well as a commitment to Adnan Januzaj. Fúck sending him on loan, if he can play like that from the bench never mind the start, there are enough games in our fixture list to use him and let him develop at the club. Some of our recent loans have been regressive to our players development rather than progressive, and also I believe Januzaj to be that rare player who can produce a moment of magic that will change a game. Fúck it, I'm just going to go ahead and write him the love letter instead of wasting you guys time here :pac:

Another big statement was the selection and non-substitution of Wayne Rooney. Even with the evident lack of match-fitness and the sporting of a severe gash (in before 'Was Colleen in the stands too?') he still put in a hard 90 minutes, tracking back at times as he does so well. The free kick was nothing but precision, of course it can be argued that a taller or better keeper would have dealt with it, but it went exactly where Rooney intended to put it. It might be a while yet before we see Rooney running to the stands in celebration with a passionate fist pump, but great to see all the team celebrate with him and there was a very loud 'Rooney, Rooney' chant going from early on in the game. He will only get better fitness-wise and some more match time against Leverkusen should see him as an almost sure thing to start v City.

Some other things that made me happy;

The Mexican infusion around the 75 minute mark, so Chico is alive and well!:eek: Would love to see him get the nod for the game on Tuesday with Welbeck, resting RVP for the weekend.

Patrice Evra, Leighton who?? But seriously, there has been a reignited fire lit under Paddy since about this time last year, and it was turned up to the max today. He was all over the left wing, amazing to watch. I thought defensively the team was great, a promising 90 minutes from Fabio.

I had completely forgot about Ryan Giggs until he was seen in the dugout and the NBC commentator mentioned something like 'coach Giggs'.

Stuff i didn't like:

Ashley Young. It goes beyond the dive for me. It can be said that he was at times our most attack-minded player today pre-substitution, but for me that says more about our starting line-up and other players than Young himself. I read posts here from time to time that state 'X player is not United standard' and more often than not I disagree. Well for me, Ashley Young is not United standard and my opinion hasn't changed from the moment the club bought him. The diving only adds to that feeling, and I felt a little too frustrated watching the replays of his latest lunge to the ground. I can only remember when Moyes called Suarez out on it last season and am getting a little satisfaction that Moyes would have tore Ashley Young a new one, or maybe...fingers crossed...drop him? Ah I wish.

From what I've seen of Tony V this season, it is as if his brilliant 2011/12 form + his dire 2012/2013 = what we've seen so far in 2013/14; standard and not head turning at all. Really hope he can find that dazzling form again, and it's not as if he hasn't been given the minutes by both Fergie and Moyes to find it.

Anyone else think at the time '2012/13 RVP would have scored there!' when he took Rooney's beautiful pass and smashed it off the top of the crossbar? It was unlucky, and I suppose it is only fair to allow other players/teams a shout for goal of the season by the time May comes around!

Ian Holloway: Fúck it, I've thought it too many times now not to put it out there, but does Ian Holloway remind anyone else of the actor Tobin Bell? He's the dude that played 'JIgsaw' in the Saw movies and a kick-ass bad guy in season 2 of 24. Anyway, seems Holloway has lost some weight since the last time he was in the PL, and I couldn't see anyone else but Jigsaw sitting in the stands at OT today. I opine that instead of giving instructions to his assistant on the touchline today, he was in fact asking some poor guy hanging from fishhooks in a basement in Islington 'Would you like to play a game?'...

Anyway, great day, we gained points on our rivals and a proven DMF in Maruoane Fellaini made an impressive debut. I'm gonna reach for another Erdinger and pan out for match of the day, later lads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Watching MOTD it seems Stoke have decided to start playing football. There is a football God. City looked ordinary and were extremely lucky!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,431 ✭✭✭Felexicon

stankratz wrote: »
    Finally some football to talk about. This international break business 2 weeks into the new season really is a load of bollix, a skip-ful of mickies if you can imagine. I know i said at the time 'this window will do us wonders to regroup and prepare blah blah...' but I was almost on the ground with anticipation by the time 12.45 arrived today. When the final whistle blew, I had that '...so what now?' feeling.

Anyway, that was a tougher match for our boys than I was expecting. Getting the goal before half time did a lot to calm my nerves, so I can only imagine it made for a few thousand lowered heart-rates around OT, not the least that of Sir Alex Ferguson, spectator. (Still hard to believe at times!)

I was happy to see Anderson's name on the team line-up initially, but I knew a good ten minutes before half-time that if 2013/14 was going to the season where he finally impressed consistently, it wouldn't be because of today's game. I love that when he gets the ball that his immediate intention is to think 'forward', but there is so much more to be done before making a forward play,i.e first touch and securing possession. Then, some of his through passes were a bit heavy when he did get to make one or 2 of them.

I had played with the notion that we mightn't see Fellaini in the starting line-up considering the game that was in it, that there was a chance in my mind that he'd come on for the hero's welcome. Thankfully at 1-0 up and 1 man up, conditions were ripe to bring the big man on and he couldn't have asked for a warmer response or 2 more simpler touches for his 1st in a United shirt. He was composed; purposeful in all his play, and showed some of his trademark aggression without giving away frees. I'm sure we all would have went bonkers if he scored that volley, and he showed great confidence in bringing the ball down and striking it. Incidentally, he shouldn't have gotten a chance beyond chesting it down as replays (noticeably one from behind the goal) show the nearest Palace player bricking it and running out of the way (or doing a Nasri). Can't wait to see more of him, and his name along with Carrick's has to a given first choice for Citeh.

One thing I definitely didn't see coming today was Adnan Januzaj. I mean I've drooled over his abilities in pre-season and know well about the lad, but with the desire I had to see Nani and Kagawa's names in the squad today, I had completely overlooked Adnan. So there it is, evidence the 18 year old can play in the PL. I know we were 'only' playing Palace, but that was no easy game and I've actually not seen a team in recent memory perform as well with 10 men as Crystal Palace did today.

But yes, Adnan can play in the physical game. He found out pretty quickly that his stepover/tricks wouldn't work when he tried it with the Palace RB who promptly shut him out, and was lucky to get the result of a corner and not left on his hole. The rest was of his play was inspiring. That is the kind of creativity that we have been lacking in the wings as of late. I'm not sure who I want to see succeed more at Manchester United out of the trio of Nani, Kagawa and Januzaj but surely David Moyes and co. have to find away to appease all 3 as they are gifted talents, both potentially and currently. Today DM made a big statement on the purveyance of youth at Manchester United, as well as a commitment to Adnan Januzaj. Fúck sending him on loan, if he can play like that from the bench never mind the start, there are enough games in our fixture list to use him and let him develop at the club. Some of our recent loans have been regressive to our players development rather than progressive, and also I believe Januzaj to be that rare player who can produce a moment of magic that will change a game. Fúck it, I'm just going to go ahead and write him the love letter instead of wasting you guys time here :pac:

Another big statement was the selection and non-substitution of Wayne Rooney. Even with the evident lack of match-fitness and the sporting of a severe gash (in before 'Was Colleen in the stands too?') he still put in a hard 90 minutes, tracking back at times as he does so well. The free kick was nothing but precision, of course it can be argued that a taller or better keeper would have dealt with it, but it went exactly where Rooney intended to put it. It might be a while yet before we see Rooney running to the stands in celebration with a passionate fist pump, but great to see all the team celebrate with him and there was a very loud 'Rooney, Rooney' chant going from early on in the game. He will only get better fitness-wise and some more match time against Leverkusen should see him as an almost sure thing to start v City.

Some other things that made me happy;

The Mexican infusion around the 75 minute mark, so Chico is alive and well!:eek: Would love to see him get the nod for the game on Tuesday with Welbeck, resting RVP for the weekend.

Patrice Evra, Leighton who?? But seriously, there has been a reignited fire lit under Paddy since about this time last year, and it was turned up to the max today. He was all over the left wing, amazing to watch. I thought defensively the team was great, a promising 90 minutes from Fabio.

I had completely forgot about Ryan Giggs until he was seen in the dugout and the NBC commentator mentioned something like 'coach Giggs'.

Stuff i didn't like:

Ashley Young. It goes beyond the dive for me. It can be said that he was at times our most attack-minded player today pre-substitution, but for me that says more about our starting line-up and other players than Young himself. I read posts here from time to time that state 'X player is not United standard' and more often than not I disagree. Well for me, Ashley Young is not United standard and my opinion hasn't changed from the moment the club bought him. The diving only adds to that feeling, and I felt a little too frustrated watching the replays of his latest lunge to the ground. I can only remember when Moyes called Suarez out on it last season and am getting a little satisfaction that Moyes would have tore Ashley Young a new one, or maybe...fingers crossed...drop him? Ah I wish.

From what I've seen of Tony V this season, it is as if his brilliant 2011/12 form + his dire 2012/2013 = what we've seen so far in 2013/14; standard and not head turning at all. Really hope he can find that dazzling form again, and it's not as if he hasn't been given the minutes by both Fergie and Moyes to find it.

Anyone else think at the time '2012/13 RVP would have scored there!' when he took Rooney's beautiful pass and smashed it off the top of the crossbar? It was unlucky, and I suppose it is only fair to allow other players/teams a shout for goal of the season by the time May comes around!

Ian Holloway: Fúck it, I've thought it too many times now not to put it out there, but does Ian Holloway remind anyone else of the actor Tobin Bell? He's the dude that played 'JIgsaw' in the Saw movies and a kick-ass bad guy in season 2 of 24. Anyway, seems Holloway has lost some weight since the last time he was in the PL, and I couldn't see anyone else but Jigsaw sitting in the stands at OT today. I opine that instead of giving instructions to his assistant on the touchline today, he was in fact asking some poor guy hanging from fishhooks in a basement in Islington 'Would you like to play a game?'...

Anyway, great day, we gained points on our rivals and a proven DMF in Maruoane Fellaini made an impressive debut. I'm gonna reach for another Erdinger and pan out for match of the day, later lads.
    Lol. This the most bizarre post I've ever read in this thread,and that's saying somethin. It's like a 12 year old writing in to Match magazine

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

FutureGuy wrote: »
    The second Fellaini and Januzaj came on, we were a different team.

Fellaini allowed everyone to play their own game and get more forward.

Januzaj was fantastic. Incredibly confident and he was playing like he was always 2 moves ahead of the game.

#belgianrevolution

#albanianrevolution

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Felexicon wrote: »
    Lol. This the most bizarre post I've ever read in this thread,and that's saying somethin. It's like a 12 year old writing in to Match magazine

The spelling and punctuation is impeccable though. I reckon he must have at least done the Junior Cert. this year.

Felexicon wrote: »
    The spelling and punctuation is impeccable though. I reckon he must have at least done the Junior Cert. this year.

Sorry lads, I meant to say Anderson is fat, Nani is overrated and Woodward is making an embarrassment and a farce of the club, in as few words as possible. I'll know for next time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,069 ✭✭✭Technophobe

Last few times I have seen mourinho interviewed, he looks like a man falling out of love with football....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I have not read 1 post in here yet today, but just give quick take on what I thought.

Young is a disgrace!! Now people can say "oh well every footballer does it", but this guy is maybe the worst ever.

If he was a Chelsea/City player I hate his guts so I dont have a problem with other supporters thinking he is a cheat etc. He is a ****ing disgrace after today.

The performance itself was poor although we had great players and few moments of magic from individuals but nothing that was team wise great.

Fellaini I made a very telling difference when he came on. Now I aint getting carried away just yet but if this of things to come he be well worth the fee.

Great to see Moyes give a youngster a chance too. Well done Moyes on that.

TBH I aint too worried just hope we little bit sharper for next week. If we are we will get a result.

I just want to pick up on one point, and question, did you/do you feel the same about Ronaldo as you do about Young?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭jimjamcos

Last few times I have seen mourinho interviewed, he looks like a man falling out of love with football....

Agree. Doesn't seem to have the enthusiasm he once had and definitely doesn't seem to be as confident/exuberant in his interviews. I think he's missing his ole sparring partners, Ferguson and Benitez, in a sick kind of way. He has always liked to have a cause or take aim at somebody to topple (both on field and in media battles - seen it with Pep in Spain) but with all the changes in PL manager, I think the relatively tame start to the season has bored him slightly. Don't think it'll be long till he finds himself a new foe to get the media machine going however..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

kryogen wrote: »
    I just want to pick up on one point, and question, did you/do you feel the same about Ronaldo as you do about Young?

When did Ronaldo go down like a sack of spuds 2-3 times a game on consistent basis?

When did Ronaldo go down like a sack of spuds 2-3 times a game on consistent basis?

Seriously?

When he joined the club and for a good while after

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

stankratz wrote: »

Warning!!! Warning!!! Incredibly gross pic alert, click at your own risk, you may die of outrage if you view this

http://catchmypicture.com/eArbsD.jpg

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Dude, picture not cool. At all.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Dude, picture not cool. At all.

That would actually bother you?

Seriously?

When he joined the club and for a good while after

Honestly, the only things Ronaldo was falling over was himself from doing those stupid stepovers when he joined the club.

Is there a particular run of games in a season where he did this diving and can you mention these games?

Has Ronlado dived in games? Yes of course he has throughout his Unite career. But like Young? Please no, just no.

That would actually bother you?
    Some people seek out stuff to be bothered by...

Loved Saw films.

Tobin Bell played blinders

Loved Saw films.
    First few were decent. Went downhill pretty quickly after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Also cutting out the dive, Young had a good game today, he should be fined a few weeks wages for the dive though. He tries it almost every game

And always the same kind of style where he flicks his legs out.

He actually has a signature style of diving, it's pathetic.

Some people seek out stuff to be bothered by...

Yes, I actively trawl through threads only looking for things that bother me. In fact I am renowned for it.

tumblr_lsj35lANST1r0ojhto1_400.gif

I really actually like your picture of a dude hanging by his nipples and think it adds well to a football thread. Keep on keeping on.

It was a decent goal scoring opportunity too which makes it all the more infuriating.

Honestly, the only things Ronaldo was falling over was himself from doing those stupid stepovers when he joined the club.

Is there a particular run of games in a season where he did this diving and can you mention these games?

Has Ronlado dived in games? Yes of course he has throughout his Unite career. But like Young? Please no, just no.

I actually don't need to link you to a run of games, absolutely everybody who watched him knows exactly what he was like when he arrived, I wouldn't waste my time arguing with someone who would deny it tbh

It is a stigma that has followed him his whole career because he was so bad at one point, for the last few seasons he very rarely dives, yet his name still gets brought up in relation to divers regularly. Thankfully he does seem to get less flak these days.

Heres a video to refresh your memory, there is a part two of it also

You do have to make it past some stupid writing now and then, but sure you will get the idea

Things like 1.48 are hilarious tbf, probably skip the first 30 seconds or so I think

Ha, just having another watch of this now since I put it up, the one v Lampard is brilliant and the Liverpool one too actually, the rolling around holding his face etc......

• Advertisement

Yes, I actively trawl through threads only looking for things that bother me. In fact I am renowned for it..
    I knew it. Fair play for admitting it. Hope you never venture into the tattoo and piercings thread, the stuff in there would keep you awake all night :pac:

J. Marston wrote: »
    And always the same kind of style where he flicks his legs out.

He actually has a signature style of diving, it's pathetic.

You will find it with most players, they leave a trailing leg to guarantee contact, been going on for a long time. I wouldn't exactly be a fan of young but its not like he invented this ****, or is even the best at it!

I knew it. Fair play for admitting it. Hope you never venture into the tattoo and piercings thread, the stuff in there would keep you awake all night :pac:

I'd only reprimand them though if they start talking about football in there.

I'd only reprimand them though if they start talking about football in there.
    So it's not the picture that bothers you?
    Just want us to keep strictly on topic in here yea?
    Hope you're going around all the other superthreads telling them all off when they post their gifs and pics.

So it's not the picture that bothers you?
    Just want us to keep strictly on topic in here yea?
    Hope you're going around all the other superthreads telling them all off when they post their gifs and pics.

Sorry, mustn't use humour.

Yes, it is that particular picture. Happy?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Januzaj should tell his father he wants to play in the world cup - so join Belgium and their amazing team for a small country.

Nani was probably rested after the world cup game in Northern Ireland and the game against Brazil in Boston. Yes, Nani was playing in the United States during the week.
    btw Ronaldo got a convenient injury and did not go to the US to play, but then he had won them the game in NI, but was fine to play Villareal...

Excellent goal by Rooney, showed his class, RVP was clever with his penalty given he had tended to go right for most recent penalities.

Would have liked to see Zaha used.

Diving/cheating is what gives the sport a bad name, Ashley Young, Man Utd fans not impressed with that.

Fellaini, his hair tells it's own story about how he plays - consistent. Great to have a midfielder like him now in the team.

A win to put the season back on track.

• Advertisement

Yes, it is that particular picture. Happy?
    I was until this little exchange.
    I'm out.

I edited it for any other precious souls out there.

My main gripe though is that while Ronaldo dived in games, Young dives constantly to the point he is going to get sent off and its going to cost us points.

When Ronaldo was on a yellow he took note. Young does not.

Thats where the line crosses the bridge as far as im concerned.

My main gripe though is that while Ronaldo dived in games, Young dives constantly to the point he is going to get sent off and its going to cost us points.

Hmm, its a little shifty goalposts but whatever

Was Young still diving while on the yellow? Cant say I noticed it but would be open to correction?

Also, as you say he does not (which implies he very regularly gets booked and continues to dive) take note, when has he done this, how come he has not been sent off yet?

Im probably logging off in the next few minutes to get supplies for the fight but Ill check back tomorrow and respond.

Heres hoping for a miracle to finish the day and Pretty Boy getting floored :)

Hmm, its a little shifty goalposts but whatever

Was Young still diving while on the yellow? Cant say I noticed it but would be open to correction?

Also, as you say he does not (which implies he very regularly gets booked and continues to dive) take note, when has he done this, how come he has not been sent off yet?

Im probably logging off in the next few minutes to get supplies for the fight but Ill check back tomorrow and respond.

im staying up for that too.:)

Well I thought he dived for peno so no changing the goalposts there.;)

Big ask but that would be nice. Regretting not going to bed early and setting an alarm instead of staying up.
    Whoops back on topic, g'wan United!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

RobertKK wrote: »
    Januzaj should tell his father he wants to play in the world cup - so join Belgium and their amazing team for a small country.

Not really, they've nearly 12 million people. It's more of a mystery why they've been so poor for so long. Overrated currently also, i'd fancy Croatia to run them close, their team is a proper achievement given population size.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

lordgoat wrote: »
    #albanianrevolution

I've been watching the boy progress since he was 2 years old in an U-3 tournament in southern Switzerland. He'll always be Belgian to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Young dives first chance he gets even if he has a goal scoring chance. Unacceptable behavior. What age is he 28/29?

Ronaldo dived a lot when he was first at the club when he was 18/19? He was just a kid then learning his trade. He phased it out of his game (not completely mind!) as he got older and bulked up.

Young diving all over the place could go against us down in the future sometime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,673 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Looks like Madrid are rebuilding their stage to announce Ronaldo's contact extension today.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

s_carnage wrote: »
    Looks like Madrid are rebuilding their stage to announce Ronaldo's contact extension today.

Awh, no....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Could they not just release a statement and a picture like most normal clubs...oh wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,471 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

s_carnage wrote: »

Bound to happen. Madrid were never going to let him leave. I don't see them winning much over the next three years to be honest. He'll keep banging in goals. Its just a pity for him that Messi is playing in the same league.
    He played the return to United card well to get his nice fat contract. At least United fans can move on from this non story once and for all. For all the talk of him being desperate to return and his love for United he couldn't wait to leave the club in 2009 and was forcing his way out for over two seasons pretty much openly disrespecting his "father in football" in the process. He's a great player but he only really wants to play for Madrid. United have been successful since he left, him not returning is not the end of the world.

Glazers Out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

My main gripe though is that while Ronaldo dived in games, Young dives constantly to the point he is going to get sent off and it's going to cost us points.

Really? Despite winning more penalties than anybody in Premiership history, has he ever been sent off for diving?

None of us like it because it's not nice to watch. It's very unlikely that he's suddenly going to start costing us points at this stage of his career though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

How did that go?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,843 ✭✭✭GSPfan

Never expected the Ronaldo return really so its nice to know now he is staying with Real Madrid. Good luck to him.

With Ronaldo and Bale off the list and hopefully Fabregas finally off the list too it will be interesting who will be the next batch of targets United are linked with.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement