Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Irish94

Pj! wrote: »
    I really wish this went in. What a ball by Rooney. Scholes would be proud of it. Van Persie controlled it perfectly too. Argh!

I had a soccer match last night, I scored a goal exactly like this. Our right midfielder gave the pass from just inside our half, I was a bit outside the box, chested the ball and volleyed it and hit underneath the crossbar and went in.

I watched the match yesterday and I forgot about that chance until I seen it here, it looked very familiar so it reminded me of last night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

lordgoat wrote: »
    He had no direct opposition. Palace left the right mid basically empty so he had no responsibilities really and could drift where ever he wanted. Which he certainly did and def took the chance he was given. Delighted for him.

How did Carrick look from the stands. The amount of intercepts and little nicks he got on the ball yesterday was unreal. I love watching him play, positionally he's magnificent.

He looked great. Didn't really do anything that stood out to me as being amazing, apart from that turn.

What was the Palace chance like on the replays? To me it looked like Rio hesitated and was caught flat-footed. The shot was so close. I was directly behind it. Any bit of turn on the ball and it would have crept in.

Ravel Morrison is starting for West Ham today. First league start for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,559 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Just read that Januzaj refused call ups for the Belgian U18s and U19s squad. He declared he wishes to play for Albania but he is better off playing for Belgium who have better chances of qualifying for Euros and WC.
    no point playing for Belgium if he doesn't class himself Belgian.

Warning!!! Warning!!! Incredibly gross pic alert, click at your own risk, you may die of outrage if you view this

http://catchmypicture.com/eArbsD.jpg

Haha the internet never fails to bring out the LOLs, that's exactly what I meant Will!:D

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

LostBoy101 wrote: »
    Just read that Januzaj refused call ups for the Belgian U18s and U19s squad. He declared he wishes to play for Albania but he is better off playing for Belgium who have better chances of qualifying for Euros and WC.

Obviously so far that isn't a motivation for him.

Wasn't it Kevin Nolan that said he wouldn't play for Ireland as he views himself as english. Some things go beyond playing in tournaments tbh.
    He looked great. Didn't really do anything that stood out to me as being amazing, apart from that turn.

What was the Palace chance like on the replays? To me it looked like Rio hesitated and was caught flat-footed. The shot was so close. I was directly behind it. Any bit of turn on the ball and it would have crept in.

Ravel Morrison is starting for West Ham today. First league start for him.

Rio lost the flight of the ball and it dropped behind him. Gayle took a pretty good first touch which really screwed Rio. And if he had hammered it at goal...

Saints giving West Ham a schooling here in how to pass the ball. Morrison seems to be playing as one of the 2 CM's in front of the back 4. Odd position for him and he's getting nothing of the ball.
    yabadabado wrote: »
    no point playing for Belgium if he doesn't class himself Belgian.

Yep and I think one of his parents are from Kosovo so I can definitely understand it if didn't want to play for a country he may not view as being from IF his family had to move there. No saying this is the case, speculation on my part but it would make a bit of sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Damn Ronaldo why'd you have to...

I doubt he'll win much at Madrid, they're a mess and Barca are far superior. He won world player of the year with us and a Champions League :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

People dont like Young thats grand. As far as i can see he played decent enough yesterday for a good section of the game he was our main threat going forward and linked up well with Evra.

Hes a very good squad player to have and adds alot of energy to the game.

We have better players then him but theres plenty of reason to keep him going in the team when hes needed.

Anderson is just a waste of time at this stage he was ****ing useless again yesterday the fact hes still at United falling around the pitch is crazy.

Valencia i just dont know he can do good things then he can do your head in at the same time. Again though not a bad squad player.

The fact is United have some top class players to cover for the problems the above players i mentioned have. The sooner the better we start getting our best players and team out there and we can start to really see what the likes of Kagawa and Nani can do in the same team.

Very happy with Rooney yesterday as well he can only keep getting better he showed plenty of passion and drive yesterday just the way u would want him to. I really hope whatever went on behind the scenes is done with and sorted for good now because hes one of our most important players and when hes on form we have no one to replace him for what he does for the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,471 ✭✭✭✭nullzero
    °°°°°

J. Marston wrote: »
    We served our purpose for Ronaldo, helped to get him more money. Because God knows he needs it with the pittance he's on at the moment.

It's a little disappointing for him to use United that way. Doesn't seem to have much respect for the club never mind the love he was meant to have for it when he was holding out for his new contract. He did well for United although you felt he was angling to leave from the moment he won his first league title. I was getting a bit sick of his antics by the time he joined Madrid. Hopefully next time ( if we can) we develop a top class talent we can keep them away from Madrid. I think both United and ronaldo could have been an awful lot more successful together than either party has been since he joined Madrid but we'll never know.

Glazers Out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭Whatsisname

He played on the left. He was out there on his own for an age. Nobody was picking him up and no one was passing him the ball.

He dropped very deep (in Scholes territory) to pick up the ball at one stage. It was good to see.

****, I've just checked his age and he's two days younger than my sister. Mental ****.

I'm only 2 weeks older than him. Makes me feel **** about myself :pac:

I can still remember having conversations about Ronaldo back in primary school. He seemed so old back then. In 1998 he was around 21/22 and one of my best friends had a brother who was 22. It just seemed a lifetime away to us.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

welcome to that stage of your life. i had the same feeling with toni kroos and Pato

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

He played on the left. He was out there on his own for an age. Nobody was picking him up and no one was passing him the ball.

He dropped very deep (in Scholes territory) to pick up the ball at one stage. It was good to see.

****, I've just checked his age and he's two days younger than my sister. Mental ****.

Younger than me by 4 months. Hitting home that I've missed the boat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,623 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Ah shut up. He's 6 years younger than me. 6 fecking years!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Very excited about Januzaj. Hoping he gets the contract sorted ASAP and we see more of him this season. So composed for an 18 year old with his build too.

Those who felt he was no where near the squad this season, have your thoughts changed from the little we have seen of him so far? I really think he seems like he could offer us a great deal this season - albeit from the bench.

Disappointed not to see any Zaha as of yet, and obviously nothing from Kagawa is worrying. I read he had a flu though? Any truth?

Valencia and Anderson - complete wastes of space. Wanted to see if Anderson could offer us those bursting runs from midfield yesterday, he didn't. He ran forward, got the ball, fell over. His time is up now. Valencia - mind made up on him last season. This talk of pins in his legs etc - he is still rubbish. Even yesterday, we are attacking in their half, ball goes across to him, instead of putting ina cross, or the ball into a danger zone, he opts for the pass that goes back 10 - 20 yards. He is an attacking winger.....ATTACKING.....yet he plays like a right back. The less of Valencia starting for me, the better.

RvP looked a little starved again, apart from Rooney's superb over the top ball that he hit against the crossbar. I think the goal will help him though after 2 frustrating games against Chelsea and Liverpool.

Get Kagawa back in the team, Nani also.....and more of Januzaj and Fellaini. Less of Valencia, Anderson and Young on the bench.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

I'm almost old enough to be his dad, so **** all ya'll.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

master-t wrote: »
    Those who felt he was no where near the squad this season, have your thoughts changed from the little we have seen of him so far? I really think he seems like he could offer us a great deal this season - albeit from the bench

No, my thoughts havent changed. He seems to have talent but I don't think he is ready for a Manchester United first team, especially not physically ready. As others have said he was given all the space in the world yesterday, it will be a different story if he gets properly marked.

There are also more developed players ahead of him at the minute. I can see Januzaj doing a Raheem Sterling if he was played much this season, he just isn't ready. If any young player should be getting chances it is Zaha.

He can have Valencias place though. **** Valencia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

I was his age now when he was born..... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I 100% understand with people being frustrated with Anderson. The thing people have to remember is that he was bought as a CAM and not a CM.

I think Ferguson has a part to play in his demise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I 100% understand with people being frustrated with Anderson. The thing people have to remember is that he was bought as a CAM and not a CM.

You also have to remember that Anderson has put in plenty of very good performances in CM.

He has no one to blame but himself that he hasn't performed more consistently.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Its years of injuries that caused him to have problems. He was bought by United at a young age and just because he was playing a certain position at that time does not mean his career was ruined by moving him from that position.

The good performances show the potential he has as a CM but the injuries undermined any chance of making serious progress in his time at United (in any position).

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Pure class from a lad so young,hopefully we will see more cameo appearances as the season goes on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

Ive seen him actually play some good football quick forward passing stuff.

But more often then not he is awful. Yesterday he was muck didnt look anything like a player who is playing at the level he is.

If he doesnt make some kind of impact this year hes gone he has to be gone for his own sake and everyone else.

Blatter wrote: »
    You also have to remember that Anderson has put in plenty of very good performances in CM.

He has no one to blame but himself that he hasn't performed more consistently.

I could be very wrong and I apologise in advance if you were not one, but during the summer I expressed my desire for Anderson to leave and im pretty sure you wanted Anderson to stay. Am I right or wrong?

If correct why would you want United to keep a player you feel has not been consistent enough?

Pure class from a lad so young,hopefully we will see more cameo appearances as the season goes on.

Fellainis winning back of the ball at 35 seconds was immense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

I could be very wrong and I apologise in advance if you were not one, but during the summer I expressed my desire for Anderson to leave and im pretty sure you wanted Anderson to stay. Am I right or wrong?

If correct why would you want United to keep a player you feel has not been consistent enough?

Yes I wanted him to stay and still do. Afaik he's on fairly modest wages and he's been a decent squad player for us in his time here. He's chipped in with around 30? apps a season and plays well in maybe half or a bit less.

You can be frustrated that a player isn't realising his potential but still be content enough for him to stay. That's why I'm guessing Fergie never tried to get rid.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I thought yesterday summed Anderson up. Fellaini standing on the sidelines, waiting to come on and replace him. Anderson gets the ball and has one last chance to do something...anything...to prove himself.... and he falls over with no one around him. Just stumbles and lands on his face.

The perfect metaphor for his career at United :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

Ronaldo wrote:
    I'm really happy here. I'll be here in five more years. I just want to win more trophies for this club.
    I will be honest with you - everyone knows I was in Manchester for six years. Manchester is in the past.
    Now my club is Real Madrid. This is my home, my family is here and I'm really happy here.

Surely that will put a stop to the Ronaldo nonsense for good?

Probably not.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

He fell over the ball yesterday lol and he wasnt even at full pace.

Has anybody noticed anything odd with the on field relationship with Rooney and RVP. I am trying to see if they talk to each other in a friendly manner off the ball.

When RVP scored his goal I can't recall Rooney going over to congratulate him. I recall a chance RVP had which he could of laid off to Rooney but didn't.

Probably talking through my arse mind

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    He fell over the ball yesterday lol and he wasnt even at full pace.

Has anybody noticed anything odd with the on field relationship with Rooney and RVP. I am trying to see if they talk to each other in a friendly manner off the ball.

When RVP scored his goal I can't recall Rooney going over to congratulate him. I recall a chance RVP had which he could of laid off to Rooney but didn't.

Probably talking through my arse mind

He did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I thought yesterday summed Anderson up. Fellaini standing on the sidelines, waiting to come on and replace him. Anderson gets the ball and has one last chance to do something...anything...to prove himself.... and he falls over with no one around him. Just stumbles and lands on his face.

The perfect metaphor for his career at United :pac:

iblClgEfLL1iqX.gif

Donkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭MANUTD99

Fabio was a breath of fresh air at RB. Was good going forward. Defended ok.

Will be a good replacement till Raf comes back. Jones has been very poor at RB and hopefully won't be playing there again anytime soon

You are at the club six years. You have never made it and it seems your time is up. Then you get lucky, a new manager comes in and you get another chance to stake a claim for a first team spot. You get a chance, and its against possibly the worst team in the league, now is the time to make an impression!

And you play like that?

Bye bye Anderson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the thing is, if we get rid of Anderson, then we are back down to just 3CM's again and we would need to sign two more.

for now, id rather have him than have to play Jones, Giggs or Rafael in there, but i can understand where people are coming from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Guys anyone looking for tickets or the game vs west brom drop me a pm,flights only €70 available on Ryanair.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,582 ✭✭✭NoviGlitzko

I was very impressed! Would remind you of a game where a young winger playing in the same position on his home debut against Bolton years ago. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2013/aug/24/cristiano-ronaldo-manchester-united-return-real

August 24th 2013
    United have been closely monitoring Ronaldo's position for the best part of a year and, while that has not resulted in a hard offer, their clear information is that he is open to the idea of moving back to Manchester, albeit not for at least one more season. The expectation at Old Trafford is that he will shortly commit himself to a new contract that recognises his status as Madrid's outstanding player, despite the impending arrival of Gareth Bale from Spurs for a world-record transfer. However, United are encouraged by the clear messages they have received about his affinity for the club and consider what he says to be genuine. Their information is that, realistically, they think he would be tempted to spend possibly the last three or four years of his professional life in Manchester. They are aware, however, that a move for him will not be simple by any measure.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

No, my thoughts havent changed. He seems to have talent but I don't think he is ready for a Manchester United first team, especially not physically ready. As others have said he was given all the space in the world yesterday, it will be a different story if he gets properly marked.

There are also more developed players ahead of him at the minute. I can see Januzaj doing a Raheem Sterling if he was played much this season, he just isn't ready. If any young player should be getting chances it is Zaha.

He can have Valencias place though. **** Valencia.

I'd agree with alot of this, other than he's better than Sterling. Who I don't think will get as much game time this season for liverpool.
    iblClgEfLL1iqX.gif

Donkey.

I'm no Anderson fan but christ, anyone can fall over with the ball. I'd be more annoyed about the fact that positionally he's all over the place and some of his pass choices are questionable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Remember this guy last season?

ipvttfExL7zlu.gif

He's back:pac:

iHhlQOznS9bIr.gif

the thing is, if we get rid of Anderson, then we are back down to just 3CM's again and we would need to sign two more

Coughwhich should have been done in the summer...;)
    lordgoat wrote: »
    I'm no Anderson fan but christ, anyone can fall over with the ball.

I initially thought that, but you know what, just how often do you see a top level footballer falling over the ball like that? Very rarely.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

zerks wrote: »
    Remember this guy last season?

ipvttfExL7zlu.gif

He's back:pac:

iHhlQOznS9bIr.gif

If I was that woman behind trying to see the game, I would have wished i brought a saucepan to clonk him over the head with.

• Advertisement

I initially thought that, but you know what, just how often do you see a top level footballer falling over the ball like that? Very rarely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

These gifs are hurting my crappy DSL connection.

:confused:

He is wearing a pair of dress shoes on a lumpy field. Hardly comparable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

:confused:

He is wearing a pair of dress shoes on a lumpy field. Hardly comparable.
    That's Zizou we're talking about. You could put him on a pitch with Bayern Munich wearing bare-heel slippers and he'd still make Javi Martinez look average.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

iblClgEfLL1iqX.gif

Donkey.

08 Anderson (Fellaini - 62' )
    10 Rooney
    16 Carrick

Bye bye Ando.
    Cristiano Ronaldo: Real Madrid forward agrees new contract

BBC

Ronnie is staying at Madrid until his mid-30's or until someone stumps up £100m +! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Im sure its been mentioned, but to hear Ballague "reveal" today that he always knew Ronaldo was going to stay at Madrid filled me with so much.......I don't even know what at the man, how the **** do people listen to him for God sake

I never thought Ronaldo was coming back this year, but I thought maybe 1 day.

After today I aint so confident now. Actually zero confident.

I do think United were interested and all, but I think at least now we know where we stand and we dont need to have our hopes raised in the future only to be shot down like we were all summer with this and the other targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I never thought Ronaldo was coming back this year, but I thought maybe 1 day.

After today I aint so confident now. Actually zero confident.

I do think United were interested and all, but I think at least now we know where we stand and we dont need to have our hopes raised in the future only to be shot down like we were all summer with this and the other targets.

Never thought Ronaldo was coming back, or now will come back since Fergie is gone myself. But if Ballbag knew it all along why didn't he take position for the whole summer? Clown

kryogen wrote: »
    Never thought Ronaldo was coming back, or now will come back since Fergie is gone myself. But if Ballbag knew it all along why didn't he take position for the whole summer? Clown

I did laugh at a tweet or 2 he did about Fabregas(maybe Thiago cant remember which) to United rumours during the summer. Im pretty sure we discussed it here, but went something like

Fabregas is staying at Barca and not going to United

next tweet....

But United is a possibility.

I mean at least say one thing and stick to it. If he is wrong than fair enough he got something wrong. Most people do. No shame football transfers can take a quick turn from time to time. But least stick to one side and not cover your ass.

He gives me the impression that if he went to Horse races he back every horse in a race so he could show his mates a winning docket. Thats what its like with him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭billyhead

Agree about Balague. Hes a complete tool and not worth listening to. Talks ****e. At least we have the money for big players as it seems that United made a last ditch bid to get Bale hence the reason his move to Madrid stalled). He wanted to go to Madrid so it was only a matter of time before it was completed. This is according to an interview with Moyes (cant find the qoutes on the internet) where he did not say we actually made a bid for him but from the answers given it seems we were in for him.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement