Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,396 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

In fariness to Balague, he said all summer that Ronaldo would not be going to United.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

Read that Rooney has scored or assisted 40 goals in the his last 44 league games. That's a fantastic record and for the player who played in almost all positions it's even better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

In fariness to Balague, he said all summer that Ronaldo would not be going to United.

So did 99% of Utd fans. Hardly insightful.

So did 99% of Utd fans. Hardly insightful.

But they were claiming opinion. He was claiming inside knowledge that Ronaldo wasn't going to sign for United. Which has turned out to be the case. So him saying yesterday that he knew all summer he'd be staying is of no issue - he said it all summer. You can't get on his back over repeating it yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

But they were claiming opinion. He was claiming inside knowledge that Ronaldo wasn't going to sign for United. Which has turned out to be the case. So him saying yesterday that he knew all summer he'd be staying is of no issue - he said it all summer. You can't get on his back over repeating it yesterday.

I know what you're saying but I think, at best, he has limited inside knowledge, and at worst, a charlatan.

• Advertisement

I know what you're saying but I think, at best, he has limited inside knowledge, and at worst, a charlatan.

Fair enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

To be honest most things Moyes has done has impressed me. The article about Rooney and criticising Young was impressed me this weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,658 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Rooney showed yesterday for me anyway that he needs alot of games, looks well out of sorts

MANUTD99 wrote: »
    He fell over the ball yesterday lol and he wasnt even at full pace.

Has anybody noticed anything odd with the on field relationship with Rooney and RVP. I am trying to see if they talk to each other in a friendly manner off the ball.

When RVP scored his goal I can't recall Rooney going over to congratulate him. I recall a chance RVP had which he could of laid off to Rooney but didn't.

Probably talking through my arse mind

BUOwIrCCcAAJCbG.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Can't wait until tomorrow night, Champions League wooh.

Of course they're almost always a disappointment... but still.

My lineup would be...

De Gea
    Fabio Rio Vidic Evra
    Carrick Fellaini
    Nani Rooney Young
    RvP

Unfortunately, I see Valencia starting again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

team predictions for the Cl game V Leverkusen?

would expect him to put out the strongest possible 11. nani wont play as he is suspended.

anybody know why nani was not in the squad on saturday, is he injured?

i am going with though i wouldnt pick Valencia at all and am hoping Kagawa is back to fitness -

DDG

Fabio Evans Vidic Evra
    Valencia Carrick Fellaini Giggs
    RVP Rooney

Can't wait until tomorrow night, Champions League wooh.

Of course they're almost always a disappointment... but still.

My lineup would be...

De Gea
    Fabio Rio Vidic Evra
    Carrick Fellaini
    Nani Rooney Young
    RvP

Unfortunately, I see Valencia starting again.

Nani is banned for this game. Would love to see Kagawa and Januzaj starting but since it's the first game in CL we might see Valencia on right and Kagawa and Rooney playing behind RVP.

Korean striker relishing clash
    Heung-min Son could not have picked a better location for his first Champions League match: the Old Trafford home of the team he supported as a child.

The Korean striker is set to line up for Bayer Leverkusen in Tuesday’s Champions League clash with Manchester United, having joined from Hamburg in the transfer window after being linked with the Reds.

The 21-year-old played in Leverkusen's 3-1 win over Wolfsburg on Saturday, their fourth victory in five Bundesliga games so far. Now he is looking to fire his team to a winning start in Europe but knows it will be tough.

"I was a United fan as child and I was always happy when they scored," he said. "Now I’m going to be playing at Old Trafford and that’s a great honour. I’m really looking forward to it.

"I’ll be facing many great players. I want to learn from Robin van Persie and Wayne Rooney, who are top strikers, and I’m also looking forward to playing against Patrice Evra.

"I’ll learn a lot in the match and it will be really special moment for me but I will try my best to win the game."

http://www.manutd.com/en/News-And-Features/Football-News/2013/Sep/bayer-leverkusen-striker-heung-min-son-looking-forward-to-facing-manchester-united.aspx

a couple of lads are at the United training this morning - Jones and Welbeck both missing from the main group, so i assume that means everybody else is there and fit to play tomorrow.

Jones and Fletcher are doing some light work on their own. looking at the fixtures and overall group layout, i think this is one of the toughest, if not the toughest CL groups that United have had in many many years.

• Registered Users Posts: 919 ✭✭✭RVD420

Giggsy11 wrote: »

Ah yes, "the Korean Messi". IIRC we were linked with him at some point last season when he was with Hamburg. He looked pretty impressive from the YouTube clip, but then again, doesn't everyone!? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,638 ✭✭✭ericzeking

Anyone else think the tone of Ronaldo's presser yesterday when asked about United was like he was being asked about some clingy bird who he'd no real interest in.... I sensed a frustration in his voice but maybe I'm being paranoid, I was on the beer Saturday and was a little emotional yesterday...

Just got told by a Liverpool fan that we are jealous of them and followed that up with we arent top dogs......yet!! 3 weeks at the top messes with their heads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Just got told by a Liverpool fan that we are jealous of them and followed that up with we arent top dogs......yet!! 3 weeks at the top messes with their heads.

ah come on, i think them being top is hilarious, in fact, i'm loving every minute of it, hope they stay top for a bit longer as the fall will be even more sweeter

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,945 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Nani is banned for this game. Would love to see Kagawa and Januzaj starting but since it's the first game in CL we might see Valencia on right and Kagawa and Rooney playing behind RVP.

That's what we should be doing most games, Rooney and Kag causing havoc just behind RvP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

It can be fun alright at times. I was told Coutinho is better than Ozil yesterday all great fun.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

This post gave me a good LOL. Thread title is Will Liverpool FC Ever Be Back?
    Previous post was a year ago and after 3 games in this season...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=86432057&postcount=178

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭newballsplease

Something tells me we wont be hearing the 'Viva Ronaldo' chant quiet as much as we used to these days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Nuts102 wrote: »
    It can be fun alright at times. I was told Coutinho is better than Ozil yesterday all great fun.

Sounds like something Scones would say

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

Whats the crack with Januzzi? I thought he didnt have to register for Champions league squad but then I read this?

"Absent from training on Monday morning were Danny Welbeck (knee) and Phil Jones (ankle), while 18-year-old Belgian Adnan Januzaj was not present either, Moyes having opted not to select the 18-year-old in his Champions League squad."

I presume this is a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

Any thoughts of Shinji getting in the squad for tomorrow? Moyes said he had Flu the weekend, so potentially he should be involved tomorrow?

I think having Fellaini there beside Carrick allows Shinji to play his normal game. Although with Moyes saying Rooney will be playing as a striker this season, suggest it's still a 4-4-2 as opposed to the fans favourite 4-2-3-1?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

bullvine wrote: »
    Whats the crack with Januzzi? I thought he didnt have to register for Champions league squad but then I read this?

"Absent from training on Monday morning were Danny Welbeck (knee) and Phil Jones (ankle), while 18-year-old Belgian Adnan Januzaj was not present either, Moyes having opted not to select the 18-year-old in his Champions League squad."

Don't think it's a mistake. He can be resistered up to 24 hours before the game from what I remember. Could be wrong though.

Wouldn't expect him to play tomorrow. Wouldn't really want him to either.

bullvine wrote: »

Nope - it is correct.

He is in the squad (number 10) for the Youth CL game tomorrow, where I would assume he is a key player.

I think the main thinking is that it is better for him to get experience being a key player in the U19 CL, which will be a new experience to these players, rather than maybe being a part of the match day squad for the senior team. I would imagine he may be included in the senior squad for the CL depending how results go for the U19 and first team.

He can be added to the B list prior to midnight the day before any CL match.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

ok that makes total sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,068 ✭✭✭yermandan

HAHAH

1236935_591974230845011_116399023_n.jpg

Press conference coming up at 14.00 with Moyes and Rio.

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 7m

All we're waiting for now is David Moyes and @rioferdy5. Look out for press conference updates from 14:00 BST. #mufc pic.twitter.com/3PBbTrAZ4y

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

So is the U19s game on tv?

Be interesting to watch as an apéritif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Crimson King

Reckon Fellaini will start the CL game, will be good to see how he gets on.

Love this time of the year football wise

So is the U19s game on tv?

Be interesting to watch as an apéritif

Yep - from 16.30 on Eurosport tomorrow. Highlights on MUTV at 11pm tomorrow night.

• Advertisement

Yep - from 16.30 on Eurosport tomorrow. Highlights on MUTV at 11pm tomorrow night.

Dammit robbing cars and other crimes at that time means I cant watch :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

Yeah I'll be in the middle of wrecking the place too at that time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

Moyes says he's confident Januzaj is about to finalise new contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

Blatter wrote: »

Great news. Anything else of note from the press conference?

Start from the bottom:

Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 15s

The #mufc boss also confirmed @WayneRooney will wear his protective headband again tomorrow should he play.
    Expand
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 2m

Moyes says he's "always amazed at the atmosphere on big Champions League nights." He adds: "I want to do everything I can to win it." #mufc
    Expand
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 6m

Moyes says @S_Kagawa0317 is feeling "a bit better." He adds: "He has a bit of flu. He did some work yesterday and a little bit today."
    Expand
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 8m

Moyes says he spoke to Sir Alex after he attended Saturday's match: "I talked to him about the game. I speak to him quite regularly." #mufc
    Expand
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 12m

.@rioferdy5 adds: "New group, new season, new games. Last season is out of our minds and not something we need to use as motivation." #mufc
    Expand
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 13m

The press ask @rioferdy5 about last season's exit vs. Real Madrid. Rio: "We were all disappointed, but we'll start afresh this season."
    Expand
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 16m

Moyes on Group A: "We've got a leading team from Germany and Spain to play, and have to go to Donetsk to play Shakhtar. It's a tough group."
    Expand
    Manchester United ‏@ManUtd 18m

Moyes "really excited" about his first Champions League match with #mufc: "Every game offers a new challenge. I'm looking forward to it."
    Expand

• Advertisement

Nothing yet apart from him saying he had a word with Young about diving.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Did he say that? Or that he's hopeful he will?

Same here - would have got it out of my system today if my Norn.Iron buddy had got up off his lazy ass this morning and come into work.

lordgoat wrote: »
    Did he say that? Or that he's hopeful he will?

Official United Twitter said confident.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Macheda joining Doncaster on a one month loan contract

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

It would seem that in contract negotiations Moyes favours the outlandish tactic of giving a young player some gametime and letting him know he is valued, as opposed to the previous tactic of refusing to play anybody that won't immediately just sign the contract that they are given.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,233 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Macheda joining Doncaster on a one month loan contract

A one month loan?? How does that even make sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Anyone think we'll ever see something like this, ever?

De Gea
    Raf
    Vidic
    Jones---Evra
    Fellaini---Carrick

Kagawa
    Nani
    Rooney

RVP

Trilla wrote: »
    Anyone think we'll ever see something like this, ever?

De Gea
    Raf
    Vidic
    Jones---Evra
    Fellaini---Carrick

Kagawa
    Nani
    Rooney
    RVP

Possibly in game - Could really see that 11 (or 10, with Rio in for Jones) - but with Kagawa playing from the left.

Sky just shown Moyes and Shinji talking in training earlier and you can clearly see kagawa telling Moyes he doesnt feel well and still has a sore throat.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement