Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Giggsy11 wrote: »
    Not sure sport sites like BBC will make up the whole interview.

Those quotes looks like about fight between Ronaldo and Rooney and not about wanting to playing for Barca or Madrid.

It is relevant to it as an awful lot of **** was coming out from both sides of that argument then, Rooney didn't wanna play with Ronaldo, Ronaldo didn't want to come back to England etc

BBC didn't make up a whole interview, they didn't have an interview with him in the first place to make up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,521 ✭✭✭Giggsy11

kryogen wrote: »
    It is relevant to it as an awful lot of **** was coming out from both sides of that argument then, Rooney didn't wanna play with Ronaldo, Ronaldo didn't want to come back to England etc

BBC didn't make up a whole interview, they didn't have an interview with him in the first place to make up :)

Isn't it funny that BBC reporting Ronaldo quotes is considered as fake whereas few rags running Rooney is angry and confused without quote is taken as gospel.

Isn't it funny that BBC reporting Ronaldo quotes is considered as fake whereas few rags running Rooney is angry and confused without quote is taken as gospel.

A few rags.....and the bbc if that helps?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23336090

A few rags.....and the bbc if that helps?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23336090

Yeah that helps. Lots of quotes from Rooney.

FYI I believe Rooney asked for transfer, just like Ronaldo said he wants to play for Madrid or Barca. All I'm saying is it was no worse than Ronaldo's behavior during the whole saga, if anything Ronaldo's was even worse with Slave comments, always talking to media about wanting out.

Yeah that helps. Lots of quotes from Rooney.

FYI I believe Rooney asked for transfer, just like Ronaldo said he wants to play for Madrid or Barca. All I'm saying is it was no worse than Ronaldo's behavior during the whole saga, if anything Ronaldo's was even worse with Slave comments, always talking to media about wanting out.

That's fine, your entitled to think what you want, and its not like anyone in the history of boards.ie has ever changed their opinion based on anything someone else posted so.................yeah.............bid derby the weekend!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,397 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

ronaldo's behaviour at times was a shocker - as Rooney's has been, imo.

In his last season at United though, and since he left, i have no issue with anything Ronaldo has said or done. He was very respectful of United in that last season, to the point I was convinced there was no chance of him leaving that summer. 'I stay, I stay'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

That's fine, your entitled to think what you want, and its not like anyone in the history of boards.ie has ever changed their opinion based on anything someone else posted so.................yeah.............bid derby the weekend!

I have! I can't remember what it was, but I definitely have so... yeah. ;)

I have! I can't remember what it was, but I definitely have so... yeah. ;)

Me too. I have changed my opinion on English clubs having B teams and I agreed with Mitch and changed my opinion. ;)

My faith in boards users has increased slightly :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

My faith in boards users has increased slightly :)

I used to think Carrick and Tevez were pretty average :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭bullvine

I think most people thought Carrick was average in fairness.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Surprising.. Is that real?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,405 ✭✭✭xtal191

Not his real twitter

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Ffs I don't use twitter and even I know how to tell if an account is real or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

How are people still falling for fake twitter accounts?

Sure it says this at the top of the page:
    PARODY/PARODIA Real Madrid's newest galactico. #halamadrid If you can't tell I'm a parody please get off the internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

How are people still falling for fake twitter accounts?

Sure it says this at the top of the page:

I know, and the same people instantly rubbish things they fall for on Twitter is even more annoying, that took less then two seconds to see it was fake account :D

Ffs I don't use twitter and even I know how to tell if an account is real or not.

I think it's real.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,418 ✭✭✭curry-muff

Any excuse to post this pic:

funny-seems-legit-polar-bear-penguin-pics-600x604.jpg

curry-muff wrote: »
    Any excuse to post this pic:

funny-seems-legit-polar-bear-penguin-pics-600x604.jpg

Polar bears live in the Arctic and penguins live in the Antarctic. I call shenanigans on said meme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

Polar bears live in the Arctic and penguins live in the Antarctic. I call shenanigans on said meme.

There's a polar bear?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

BUoBjp4CMAEsRGs.jpg:large

Pretty cool pic, apart from the weird eyes. Makes him look like Finn from Adventure Time.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Blatter wrote: »
    Agree on 08/09.

09/10 I remember he and Berbatov switched a lot, I wouldn't say Rooney played furthest forward all the time at all.

10/11, I agree. He played as a second striker and put in some of his best performances, so you would agree that it's his best position?

11/12, played virtually all of the time as a second striker.

12/13, as I said, majority of the time he played as a second striker when fit. The games where I recall he didn't were Madrid away, Stoke away, Villa at home and a couple of times during other games when Hernandez was brought on. If you want to count a couple of games early in the season when he played at the tip of the diamond but that wasn't too far away from his best position as he was excellent in those games.

I think the amount of time that Rooney has missed through injury has blurred peoples perception of where he has played the vast majority of the time when he's been fit. For me he has been played in his best position the overwhelming amount of time he's been available for selection. I can't really accept he's been messed around position wise all that much.

I agree with your point that the vast majority of the time he has played in the right position, and that the number of times he's played out of position have been exaggerated sometimes.

For me though, any playing him on the wing was always going to piss him off severely. After the first few games of that experiment, years ago now, it was clear it didn't suit him. But then it kept happening, especially in important games, which made it much worse. It always made it look like Rooney wasn't that important when he really was.

Imo the issue this season wasn't just Rooney being played out of position though. It was the early subs when he was playing well and the comments Fergie made about Rooney's confidence needing a boost. I think the confidence comments were only said once, but it was a bad idea imo. I can't help but get the impression that Fergie was trying to unsettle Rooney on purpose for whatever reason.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

BUoBjp4CMAEsRGs.jpg:large

Pretty cool pic, apart from the weird eyes. Makes him look like Finn from Adventure Time.

reminds me of

9_Movie_Poster_by_throwfox.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Any predictions for Sunday?

Kompany back should mean a totally different City than we've seen so far, I reckon Moyes will play it like the Chelsea and Liverpool games.

Having Fellaini and Carrick I'm not too worried about being overrun in midfield, do people think Nani will start? I'd like to see him start but it will probably be Valencia, Navas and Silva will be dangerous so Smalling and Evra will have to be be at the top of their game. I've said it for a few weeks now and I still think Giggs will start on the left, Rooney will play close to the midfield and RVP up top. We need RVP to start hitting form now, I think we'll get a few chances but he'll need to finish.

DDG
    Smalling Ferdinand Vidic Evra
    Val Carrick Fellaini Giggs/Young
    Rooney
    RVP

1-1 draw maybe, possibly 2-1 either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Any predictions for Sunday?

Kompany back should mean a totally different City than we've seen so far, I reckon Moyes will play it like the Chelsea and Liverpool games.

Having Fellaini and Carrick I'm not too worried about being overrun in midfield, do people think Nani will start? I'd like to see him start but it will probably be Valencia, Navas and Silva will be dangerous so Smalling and Evra will have to be be at the top of their game. I've said it for a few weeks now and I still think Giggs will start on the left, Rooney will play close to the midfield and RVP up top. We need RVP to start hitting form now, I think we'll get a few chances but he'll need to finish.

DDG
    Val Carrick Fellaini Giggs/Young
    Rooney
    RVP

1-1 draw maybe, possibly 2-1 either way.

DDG
    Carrick Fellaini
    Valencia Rooney Kagawa
    RVP

Dont see Giggs starting.

Im going for a 3 - 1 to united with Rooney grabbing 2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Nolars wrote: »
    DDG
    Carrick Fellaini
    Valencia Rooney Kagawa
    RVP

Dont see Giggs starting.

Im going for a 3 - 1 to united with Rooney grabbing 2

I reckon it will be Nani instead of Kagawa.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Hope we don't see Giggs starting the big games anymore. Not with Fellaini there for midfield and Kags, Welbeck, Young to play on the left side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

The day before a Manchester derby, and it's 13 or 14 hours since the last post?

I cant wait for it! LFA Junior Cup game at 2, be over just in time to grab a shower, and head out to watch it!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

Roll on! I'm hopeful for a 2-1 win. Would be happy with a draw though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Robbie Brady just scored again for Hull. He's doing well for them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭Chris Ryan

Jesse Lingard has scored twice for Birmingham in 30 minutes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Morrison scores for West Ham delighted i backed him. I really hope we have a buy back clause because he looks a superstar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

the last 5-10 minutes has seen 5 United academy players score for their clubs - Lingard has scored twice from Brum, Ravel has scored for West Ham, Brady for Hull and Nardiello and Ajose also scored.

6 goals in total, insane!

edit, make that 7....Lingard has got a hat trick, on his debut.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,216 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cookiemunster

Chris Ryan wrote: »
    Jesse Lingard has scored twice for Birmingham in 30 minutes

Hatrick now.

Hat-trick for Lingard now, lovely stuff

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Lingard wow!

and Macheda scores...thats 8 goals now in the space of a few minutes from academy players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

and Macheda scores...thats 8 goals now in the space of a few minutes from academy players.

United academy FTW! Great stuff - hope Lingard stays there for the season and scores 20+ goals.

RedorDead wrote: »
    United academy FTW! Great stuff - hope Lingard stays there for the season and scores 20+ goals.

Ajose has just got his second, taking it to 9 in 20 minutes. i dont think something like this has happened before!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Ajose has just got his second, taking it to 9 in 20 minutes. i dont think something like this has happened before!

United players scoring 9 goals you say?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C._9–0_Ipswich_Town_F.C.

;)

4 for Lingard now :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,929 ✭✭✭JaMarcus Hustle

4 for Lingard

Macheda gets a second and Jesse gets his 4th...

brilliant stuff from our young lads at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Macheda with two!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Luke Shaw is such a class act, love watching him

Headshot wrote: »
    Luke Shaw is such a class act, love watching him

and Baines has just scored two free kicks! interesing day for untied fans and we are not even playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

and Baines has just scored two free kicks! interesing day for untied fans and we are not even playing.

And he hit the bar with one against Chelsea. As I said a few weeks ago, he's a left footed Beckham.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,756 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Jesse Lingard was a goal machine in pre-season, he is showing again and again he has a good eye for goal.
    Good to hear Macheda is scoring goals too.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement