Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

RobertKK wrote: »
    Jesse Lingard was a goal machine in pre-season, he is showing again and again he has a good eye for goal.
    Good to hear Macheda is scoring goals too.

hopefully it gains them some attention now and PL clubs come in for them for a lona for the second half of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Would love to have Lingard stay for the whole season and play every game for them. He's past the reserves with his talent. Give him time and then bleed him into the first team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Mata not even in the squad for Chelsea today. Crazy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Mata not even in the squad for Chelsea today. Crazy.

Mourinho is a tool.

Anyway, great stuff from Lingard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Lingard and Januzaj is exciting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Why has he only gone to Birmingham for a month? Anyone think Moyes wants him back if he proves himself?

RasTa wrote: »
    Why has he only gone to Birmingham for a month? Anyone think Moyes wants him back if he proves himself?

i think they have option to extend...something tells me its something they will already be envoking.

3 months there and then a few months playing for somebody like Hull would be ideal for him IMO. he deserves first team football.

any idea where was he playing today, striker or attacking midfielder?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I think it makes sense with some of the bad loan moves we have made in the past. After the month, if he has played well we can either take him back or Birmingham will want to extend. If he is not playing well/not being played, we can take him back rather than having him sitting on the bench until January or the summer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Pool lose aswell hopefully we beat the noisy neighbours tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,833 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Is this the Emergency loan period in the Championship? 1 month max during this period if so

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Is this the Emergency loan period in the Championship? 1 month max during this period if so

Yeah seems so

Good article on the loan here

http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/birmingham-city-lee-clark-talks-6067733

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

dahat wrote: »

Can be extended to 93 days if it was emergency loan.

Edit Youth loan, didn't realise he still qualified for that

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Ideal situation would be for Lingard to get a loan move to a premiership club for the second half of the season. Somewhere that he'll start and play week in week out, similar to Welbeck at Sunderland (IIRC). He is past championship standard and I think today showed that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Ideal situation would be for Lingard to get a loan move to a premiership club for the second half of the season. Somewhere that he'll start and play week in week out, similar to Welbeck at Sunderland (IIRC). He is past championship standard and I think today showed that.

Nah, today doesn't tell us that he's past Championship standard. 4 goals in one game tells us that he had a great game. If he manages to keep up that level of performance, if not that level of goalscoring, over 10 or 12 games, then we can safely say that he's past Championship standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Just seeing all this now. Jesse Ling4rd with four goals! Macheda with 2 and more. Just gives me added incentive to watch the football league show tonight!

Fantastic start for Jesse! Hopefully he will stay there and continue to prosper. If he keeps up his pperformances for the month, PL clubs will begin sniffing.

Macheda, it's hard to know what will happen. He'll forever be a hero for that goal! But he seems to be llacking something in his all round game. Fertile once said Macheda was one of the best finishers he has seen. His career probably wnot be at United but a successful month in the championship and more, you never know.

On tomorrows game, it's a huge game! In felling we have someone who can match up to toure. City's form has been average but as has United's most games. With Rooney firing again, RVP being RVP, a fitter Vidic and Fellaini being brought in, I am quietly confident of a result. Although a draw the more likely result a win would be huge!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

double GG wrote: »
    Just seeing all this now. Jesse Ling4rd with four goals! Macheda with 2 and more. Just gives me added incentive to watch the football league show tonight!

Fantastic start for Jesse! Hopefully he will stay there and continue to prosper. If he keeps up his pperformances for the month, PL clubs will begin sniffing.

Macheda, it's hard to know what will happen. He'll forever be a hero for that goal! But he seems to be llacking something in his all round game. Fertile once said Macheda was one of the best finishers he has seen. His career probably wnot be at United but a successful month in the championship and more, you never know.

On tomorrows game, it's a huge game! In felling we have someone who can match up to toure. City's form has been average but as has United's most games. With Rooney firing again, RVP being RVP, a fitter Vidic and Fellaini being brought in, I am quietly confident of a result. Although a draw the more likely result a win would be huge!

Sir Alex Fertile

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

J. Marston wrote: »
    Mourinho is a tool.

Anyway, great stuff from Lingard.
    Makes me glad we didn't end up with him. One can only guess who he would decide to freeze out of the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Sir Alex Fertile
    oops!

Sir Alex Fertile

Nah, sure he's 70+ now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Sir Alex Fertile

I lolled at that :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Can't believe so many wanted Mourinho to take over for us. I'm glad the club saw sense on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 493 ✭✭elchupanebrey

Makes me glad we didn't end up with him. One can only guess who he would decide to freeze out of the team.

Not a fan if him to be honest in spite of the trophies he would probably deliver. something about his manner I can't warm to. Although looking at Fertile, i mean Fergie, from another clubs point of view they might have thought the same thing

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭BigBabyTaylor

Nah, today doesn't tell us that he's past Championship standard. 4 goals in one game tells us that he had a great game. If he manages to keep up that level of performance, if not that level of goalscoring, over 10 or 12 games, then we can safely say that he's past Championship standard.

True but having said that not many championship standard players have the ability to score 4 goals in one game even when playing out of their skin. (Although I haven't seen the goals so that is a bit presumptuous on my part.) But yeah I do agree with you he needs to be playing well consistently to show that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Indeed. Heaven forbid Giggs would be frozen out.

Can't believe so many wanted Mourinho to take over for us. I'm glad the club saw sense on this.

what has he done?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

what has he done?

Didn't even have Mata in the match day squad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

Ye're being very harsh on Jose here. Maybe Mata had the flu.

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 288 ✭✭Thefirestarter

I'm not sure if this has been brought up before but;

Seeing how Valencia returned his number 7 and is now playing back in his original 25 jersey, when was the last time we didn't have a player as number 7 in the squad?

When was the last time we didn't have a number 7 in the squad?

when Owen had it for 3 years :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭Hulk Hands

Well he clearly rates Rooney and wanted him as a front man. He generally only plays one up top. And he likes to freeze out the clubs best player the previous season. So...Van Persie!?

• Advertisement

Mars Bar wrote: »
    Didn't even have Mata in the match day squad

Well its starting to look like some of the stories about Jose and him not exactly being best buddies during the summer are true, stories that were laughed at when they came out.

there was some quotes earlier that Jose said something about his effort and attitude not being up to scratch. i was keeping an eye on him warming up at old trafford as it was right in front of us and his body language was all wrong - he was staring up into the top tier of the stretford end for ages, seemed to be listening to the songs and reading the banners. thats not normal for a player of another club, it seemed his mind was elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Well its starting to look like some of the stories about Jose and him not exactly being best buddies during the summer are true, stories that were laughed at when they came out.

there was some quotes earlier that Jose said something about his effort and attitude not being up to scratch. i was keeping an eye on him warming up at old trafford as it was right in front of us and his body language was all wrong - he was staring up into the top tier of the stretford end for ages, seemed to be listening to the songs and reading the banners. thats not normal for a player of another club, it seemed his mind was elsewhere.

That story reminds me of a time when I saw a player from opposition team do the same thing. We have him now though.

RVP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Mourinho has a habit of that doesn't he, there's no "best players" at the club until he determines them, I'd say Mata can't wait to get out, we would be mad not to at least enquire in January or next summer if he does want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

The fact that Marca might have been telling the truth about their Jose story is very disturbing.

Pro. F wrote: »
    The fact that Marca might have been telling the truth about their Jose story is very disturbing.

Which story was that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Let's wait before the season is longer than one month old before we go dancing in Mourinho's grave.

He might not be the most likeable guy but he is a winner

• Registered Users Posts: 762 ✭✭✭jebus84

wonder will moyes put in a bid for him in January,im sure mata will want more games in a world cup year

Baines look incredible for Everton today, seemed to play the majority of the game as a winger. i wonder if Moyes wanted him to play left wing in front of Evra? i think the two of them would be delicious together.

Everton playing really great quality football at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

Baines look incredible for Everton today, seemed to play the majority of the game as a winger. i wonder if Moyes wanted him to play left wing in front of Evra? i think the two of them would be delicious together.

Everton playing really great quality football at the moment.

Baines looked sensational. His second free kick in particular was a thing of beauty!

• Advertisement

But how effective would Baines be as a winger, full backs who are good at attacking normally stand out because the opposition winger doesn't defend every time.

Putting him left wing would mean he'll be marked by the other teams full back and he'll probably find it a lot harder because he's not the quickest or most skilful.

His crossing is normally impeccable but he'll have to make the space to cross first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Pj!

I think Baines moved forward a lot in the second half.

His free kicks were excellent. Love how Jaaskelainen slightly changed position for the second free to avoid a repeat of the first and Baines just stuck it in the opposite side.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Southampton pressing game looked super today.

Baines got few crackers too.

Cant wait till tomorrow. I reckon we will get a result. Hopefully a win.

like to see a touch of 4-2-3-1 tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

I see Moyes was at the WBA v Sun game today.

Southampton pressing game looked super today.

Baines got few crackers too.

Cant wait till tomorrow. I reckon we will get a result. Hopefully a win.

like to see a touch of 4-2-3-1 tomorrow

I'd love to see it, really doubt it though.

4-4-1-1

I think we'll transition into a 4-2-3-1 over the next year or two, having players like RVP, we shouldn't be still relying solely on the wing play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Mourinho after match interview was very interesting. Outlined that Oscar is his no.10 really.

Makes me wish we pushed a serious bid for Mata during the summer, can see him on his way January or Summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,116 ✭✭✭Professional Griefer

Oscar is insanely good and he'll only get better. Mata should be playing instead of Schurrle. Its early days yet though, I doubt Mou is stupid enough to freeze out one of their better players.

On the Baines thing, I seen somewhere over the last few days that we're going to go after him again in January.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Henriquez scored tonight :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Pro. F wrote: »

In the eyes of the Spanish media; Jose is madman, a delusional Luso that is so self-absorbed that he has to be different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,219 ✭✭✭✭Pro. F

Which story was that?

The whole Jose not liking Mata thing. I believe it was Marca that started that.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement