Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Pro. F wrote: »
    The whole Jose not liking Mata thing. I believe it was Marca that started that.

Still think he features heavily in Jose plans ?????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Owen_S

A cheeky £25m bid for Mata in January wouldn't be such a bad idea!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

Is this whole, "Jose freezes players out" thing coming from him and Casillas?

I cant think of another time he has done anything like that is there?

He is famed for forming close bonds with his players, Madrid has been the first time he had a genuine disconnect with members of his team afaik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I think we will have big performance today. Good vibe about today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭Donnielighto

kryogen wrote: »

He is famed for forming close bonds with his players, Madrid has been the first time he had a genuine disconnect with members of his team afaik

Duff, Robben, Balotelli, Ibra, didnt utilize them properly and publicly criticised the 2nd 2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

Owen_S wrote: »
    A cheeky £25m bid for Mata in January wouldn't be such a bad idea!

Can't see us offering anything for a player that's now cup-tied for champions league.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭mewe

I don't think Chelsea would do business with us either,just like we wouldn't with them for Rooney.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭Al Capwned

Thinking about heading over to Real Sociedad game - anyone got any ideas as to best options to fly. I'm looking at ryanair for 190 for two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Al Capwned wrote: »
    Thinking about heading over to Real Sociedad game - anyone got any ideas as to best options to fly. I'm looking at ryanair for 190 for two.

I booked my flights yesterday went one way to Manchester and retuned the next day via Liverpool cost me €55

collie0708 wrote: »
    I booked my flights yesterday went one way to Manchester and retuned the next day via Liverpool cost me €55

Sound, I need to be back in Dublin by 1pm at the latest on the Thursday - what time is your flight back at?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Sound, I need to be back in Dublin by 1pm at the latest on the Thursday - what time is your flight back at?

I'm on the lunch time flight to Manchester and the early morning flight from Liverpool,gonna stay in the holiday in at Liverpool airport it cost me at the lads €25 each. If you know anyone looking for spare tickets let me know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

kryogen wrote: »

Crespo. Guti. Raul.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭dave_t

Where would be good to watch the derby in Dublin today?? Normally I'd go to the Woolshed but with the all ireland final on it will be mental.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,346 ✭✭✭✭homerjay2005

talk growing of a new contract for Rooney....

great news if true, but shows that Stretford is nothing but a ****, he orchestrated this whole thing IMO, when then snowballed after Fergie got involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,397 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

talk growing of a new contract for Rooney....

great news if true, but shows that Stretford is nothing but a ****, he orchestrated this whole thing IMO, when then snowballed after Fergie got involved.

Rooney, from what I heard, didn't really want out but Stratford needs the commission on the transfer, and Rooney wanted the move to help him.

A mess of agent controlled sh1t

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Cheaper to fly to Leeds or Liverpool and travel on to Manchester.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,844 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Rooney, from what I heard, didn't really want out

Where did you hear that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,397 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Trilla wrote: »
    Where did you hear that?

Sorry, I should have kept my mouth shut. From the same places I hear other stuff and people bitch at me for talking about.

Sorry, I should have kept my mouth shut. From the same places I hear other stuff and people bitch at me for talking about.

Wha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,480 ✭✭✭Chancer3001

Course Rooney wanted out.

Rene said as much yesterday.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

Don't think anybody has a problem with someone saying something they heard. People "bitch" at you when you take it as cold hard fact and then launch into a tirade of abuse at the club based on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Sir Alex said he wanted to leave, good enough for me.

Moyes wants to offer Vidic a contract extension http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11095/8935681/

Don't think anybody has a problem with someone saying something they heard. People "bitch" at you when you take it as cold hard fact and then launch into a tirade of abuse at the club based on it.

I was just curious where he heard it!

collie0708 wrote: »
    I'm on the lunch time flight to Manchester and the early morning flight from Liverpool,gonna stay in the holiday in at Liverpool airport it cost me at the lads €25 each. If you know anyone looking for spare tickets let me know.
    zerks wrote: »
    Cheaper to fly to Leeds or Liverpool and travel on to Manchester.

Cheers lads, all sorted.
    Flights, hotel, match tickets all sorted for about €235 for two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Fletcher was just on tv3 at croke park.It is a real pity what happened him.When is he back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Anybody know what time the teams will be announced. Paddy Power are offering 7/1 for United if you open a new account. Planning on putting €50 on it but not until i see the team. If Giggs is starting i won't be backing United. First time in years i fancy beating City away.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Teams are always out one hour before kick off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Anybody know what time the teams will be announced. Paddy Power are offering 7/1 for United if you open a new account. Planning on putting €50 on it but not until i see the team. If Giggs is starting i won't be backing United. First time in years i fancy beating City away.

Keep an eye on the fantasy game thread the teams are normally posted there first about an hour before kick off

• Advertisement

Keep an eye on the fantasy game thread the teams are normally posted there first about an hour before kick off

Want to go to pub about two and it's nowhere near paddy power. Really think we can beat them if we put out the right team but that probably won't happen.

Want to go to pub about two and it's nowhere near paddy power. Really think we can beat them if we put out the right team but that probably won't happen.

You won't get the teams that early, can you do it on your phone?

I agree that if Moyes goes for it we can beat them, but if he's conservative and plays Giggs I won't be confident.

You won't get the teams that early, can you do it on your phone?

I agree that if Moyes goes for it we can beat them, but if he's conservative and plays Giggs I won't be confident.

Think you got to do it in the shop ah sure i will find a way. Just very confident for some reason not sure why.

Iniesta reported to have turned down a new deal at Barca,of course we've been instantly linked: http://metro.co.uk/2013/09/22/manchester-rivals-to-do-battle-for-wantaway-barcelona-midfielder-andres-iniesta-4075749/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,924 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

According to quotes in the Sunday rags RVP is saying that our wingers have to score more.
    Jose is saying that Mata will have to adapt as Oscar's place is nailed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Discodog wrote: »
    According to quotes in the Sunday rags RVP is saying that our wingers have to score more.
    Jose is saying that Mata will have to adapt as Oscar's place is nailed down.

I don't get this. Last season it was:

Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata

How is Oscar keeping Mata out of the team? To add to this, he is their best player.

• Advertisement

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    Can't see us offering anything for a player that's now cup-tied for champions league.

That's a load of nonsense to be honest. If we have a chance of signing a player of Mata's class not trying to because he is cup tied in Europe is stupid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,078 ✭✭✭onemorechance

Keno wrote: »

Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata

How is Oscar keeping Mata out of the team? To add to this, he is their best player.

Mourinho spoke about it after the game yesterday. He said he wants Mata in the team but first he must learn to adjust to the new system and must do better when Chelsea are not in possession.

Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata

There isn't always a method to Mourinho's madness.

Sure they've Schurrle and Willian to add to the list above and it looks like Mata is behind both in the pecking order.

Mourinho's reasoning is apparently that Mata doesn't do enough when the team lose the ball, but IMO he makes up for that 100 time over by what he does when the team have the ball.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Hazard
    Oscar
    Mata

Mata would need to track back in that position under Mourinho, he obviously doesn't think he can't do that. hence the "need to adapt" line from Jose.

That's my take from it anyway.

I wonder will we see Roman interfering with team selections again if Mata is kept out of the team.

Times like this im delighted we got Moyes over Mourinho.

• Advertisement

Mourinho spoke about it after the game yesterday. He said he wants Mata in the team but first he must learn to adjust to the new system and must do better when Chelsea are not in possession.

Oh yes, I was aware of that. Just perplexed at how he said he'll have to adjust because Oscar is nailed on. I don't see how that affects Mata. Maybe he does not mind his CAM not tracking back but wants his two flankers in Hazard and Mata to track back?

I don't think you can rationalise Mourinho's actions anyway. Let alone why Mata should be in the team.
    There isn't always a method to Mourinho's madness.

Sure they've Schurrle and Willian to add to the list above and it looks like Mata is behind both in the pecking order.

Mourinho's reasoning is apparently that Mata doesn't do enough when the team lose the ball, but IMO he makes up for that 100 time over by what he does when the team have the ball.

Agreed on the method to his madness. He's an enigma at times.

That's a load of nonsense to be honest. If we have a chance of signing a player of Mata's class not trying to because he is cup tied in Europe is stupid.

In my opinion going out and spending 25 odd million on a player for the 2nd half of the season and we cannot use him in the biggest (2nd choice for me) competition is stupid .
    think its a non-starter anyway cannot see Chelsea selling him to Utd ,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,000 ✭✭✭IrishIrish

Pretty sure its 10 max bet anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭EuropeanSon

IrishIrish wrote: »
    Yeah, got 6/1 on Arsenal vs Spurs a few weeks ago under the same conditions, it was max bet €10.

IrishIrish wrote: »

Ye just found that out. Just going to do the 50 matched free bet so working out about 9/2.

ROCKMAN wrote: »
    In my opinion going out and spending 25 odd million on a player for the 2nd half of the season and we cannot use him in the biggest (2nd choice for me) competition is stupid .
    think its a non-starter anyway cannot see Chelsea selling him to Utd ,

Who cares about Europe your just taking nonsense. If you could sign argubaly the best player in the league for that money who cares about Europe. He would help win the league this year and in the next few years.

In no situation signing Mata for 25 million is stupid unless he comes with one leg or something. Is ROCKMAN Ed Woodward in disguise.

Who cares about Europe your just taking nonsense. If you could sign argubaly the best player in the league for that money who cares about Europe. He would help win the league this year and in the next few years.

In no situation signing Mata for 25 million is stupid unless he comes with one leg or something. Is ROCKMAN Ed Woodward in disguise.

Jesus someone's hit the cans early ...With Rooney back in the fold ,Mata not needed for this season we'll see what the summer brings.....

Özil with 4 assists in less than 2 games in the PL, and that's with Walcott missing at least 3 must score chances he created in the last game....

and Giroud as the striker

Unbelievable

No RVP today

F****************cccckkk

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement