Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,724 ✭✭✭tallaghtmick

Get a grip man.

Why? They should be ashamed of themselves! Get absolutely ripped apart by the media and fans! We cant get away with playing ****e against rivals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,659 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Summer transfer window coming back to haunt us again

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Headshot wrote: »
    Summer transfer window coming back to haunt us again

We haven't conceded four because we only signed Fellaini. Don't talk nonsense.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

To be fair, city wanted this more and have been unbelievably clinical.

Yes because Ashley Young is good enough.

We conceded 4 because of the ****e buying in the window.

Who in the cm can hold up the ball like a young paul scholes and give the team a bit of breath. Who can make simple pass and when needs to be make a superb long range pass? No one

And still no substitutions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭Rubber_Soul

This is infinitely worse than the 1-6, at least in that one we only had 10 on the pitch.

Deserved yellow.

We concede 4 because of the awful summer business and a manager who I said from the very start shouldnt of gotten the utd job in the first place. Im not going over the top because of we losing badly but iv always had these thoughts.

Im won a bit of money so okay now :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

If Kagawa doesn't make an appearance it'll be a disgrace!

madcabbage wrote: »
    If Kagawa doesn't make an appearance it'll be a disgrace!

Doesn't matter now. If he isn't going to put him on before 70 minutes...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,229 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

This is infinitely worse than the 1-6, at least in that one we only had 10 on the pitch.

Yep, and three of those goals came in the last ten minutes when the players were probably wrecked.

But this? This is just sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

And the players out there.

They are blameless apparently.

And it's city making all the attacking transfers. Madness. Absolute madness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

What time should we expect all the moyes apologists?

Headshot wrote: »
    We concede 4 because of the awful summer business and a manager who I said from the very start shouldnt of gotten the utd job in the first place. Im not going over the top because of we losing badly but iv always had these thoughts.

Im won a bit of money so okay now :)
    You bet against United?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Dave0301

This is worse than watching the 6-1 loss. How Nani is not getting starting is a mystery.

The team selection today and tactical adjustments have been woeful. Losing 4 nil, and Cleverly is brought on!!

FutureGuy wrote: »
    You bet against United?

yap iv no problem with it

I like winning money

• Advertisement

Has somebody told Moyes he can still make two more subs? Damage is done but still madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭ElChe32

Can we expect another letter defending the transfer policy tomorrow?
    Young should be put in the reserves and sold in January. Disgrace to the shirt.

I love Kompany. One of the greatest defenders I have ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Rooney, the player wanting out, putting in the most work today.

madcabbage wrote: »
    Has somebody told Moyes he can still make two more subs? Damage is done but still madness.

At 60 mins he could have brought on attackers.

He didn't.

That is fcuking damning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

At 60 mins half time he could have brought on attackers.

He didn't.

That is fcuking damning.

FYP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Would Everton swap you guys for moyes back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,394 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

People blaming the transfer window is so clueless. The players are there, Moyes just isn't playing them. There are 3 players on the bench worth over £20m each that he has left there to rot. Stupid stuff to a degree greater than I've ever seen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,013 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Rooney and Vidic are the only players who can come away feeling like they gave it their all. The rest should be fcuked out of it

At 60 mins he could have brought on attackers.

He didn't.

That is fcuking damning.

We were 4-0 down, the game was over, do you think he brought on Cleverley to try and win the game?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Did Moyes go home at half time? Where is he?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭aperture_nuig

titan18 wrote: »
    Rooney and Vidic are the only players who can come away feeling like they gave it their all. The rest should be fcuked out of it

De Gea could do nothing about those goals, I think he's reasonably blameless today too.

We were 4-0 down, the game was over, do you think he brought on Cleverley to try and win the game?

The fcuk, what not at least try. This attitude pisses me off no end. Give it a go at least.

Today have been absolutely pathetic.

What a goal.

Right Waz has bagged one, thats me satisfied! Time to switch off! :rolleyes:

De Gea could do nothing about those goals, I think he's reasonably blameless today too.

I love De Gea, but he hasn't been great today imo. Almost let in that shot from Dzeko and could have done better on the 3rd one. A bit dodgy on a few corners too

The fcuk, what not at least try. This attitude pisses me off no end. Give it a go at least.

Today have been absolutely pathetic.

What a goal.

You're absolutely fùckin deluded if you think we were ever going to win at 4-0 down. It's about damage limitation at that point. Yes, try and score, but the main aim is to not to concede.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Liam O wrote: »
    People blaming the transfer window is so clueless. The players are there, Moyes just isn't playing them.

No,the players are not there and, haven't been for a number of years .
    Utd have been regularly outclassed away from home against big teams ,they cant try to compete in footballing terms so they have to resort to defensive tactics like we witnessed today .Hardly a shot on goal in the first half.Awful stuff.

As I said before the season started Ferguson worked a miracle last season winning the league with a poor team and Utd will do well to finish 2nd this season.
    Man City and Chelsea wont implode this season and hand Utd the league .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

So young welbeck and valenica over Nani & Kagawa, yea.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I am shocked that Moyes one change to the game was to bring on Clev. where was he today. Did he give up? I try and find positives in everything but i cant wrap my head round his inaction today.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,500 ✭✭✭Your Airbag

Massive loss but its still early yet and all the top teams look vunerable but none have had as tough a start as us so thats a positive going forward

Saying that Moyes got it wrong from the very start today I'm afraid. Welbeck and Young starting over Kagawa and Chico. City were immense but we made it easy for them and made them look good.

Cleverly brought on when we were three down? That is a mind blowing decision. Why go for three in midfeild at that stage, why not from the start?

Valencia should have come off, he didn't. We looked like we had no ideas when facing the City defense and we looked incredibly open on the counter attack.

Rooney was immense. If anyone ever doubted his heart or commitment they can look to him being our brightest player today, his gal was cracking.

A very bad day. Moyes got it wrong from the start and made the wrong decisions throughout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,154 ✭✭✭Danye

You're absolutely fùckin deluded if you think we were ever going to win at 4-0 down. It's about damage limitation at that point. Yes, try and score, but the main aim is to not to concede.

Are you the deluded one? This is Manchester United were talking about. Even if we're 4-0 down we have to keep plugging away looking to create and at the very least try to gain momentum to bring in to the next game. Manchester United and damage limitation don't belong together.

• Advertisement

Fergie was apoplectic after the 1-6 that we were still trying to attack at 4-1 down. It's damage limitation at that stage, Cleverly was brought on to flood our midfield and attempt to stop them strolling through at ease as they had been.

Chelsea, City and Liverpool. 1 draw, 2 losses, 1 scored, 5 conceded.

Welcome to Everton United.

Danye wrote: »
    Are you the deluded one? This is Manchester United were talking about. Even if we're 4-0 down we have to keep plugging away looking to create and at the very least try to gain momentum to bring in to the next game. Manchester United and damage limitation don't belong together.

Fergie after the 1-6
    We kept attacking, even at 4-1 when we should have just thought that we’ve had our day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 666 ✭✭✭collie0708

Can't believe we only used 1 sub and it was fcuking cleverly!!!! Nani,kagawa and Hernandez just left on the bench... We showed no fight and defiantly none of the never say die attitude we expect from united.... Disappointed with the result an disgusted with the performance

Massive loss but its still early yet and all the top teams look vunerable but none have had as tough a start as us so thats a positive going forward

Saying that Moyes got it wrong from the very start today I'm afraid. Welbeck and Young starting over Kagawa and Chico. City were immense but we made it easy for them and made them look good.

Cleverly brought on when we were three down? That is a mind blowing decision. Why go for three in midfeild at that stage, why not from the start?

Valencia should have come off, he didn't. We looked like we had no ideas when facing the City defense and we looked incredibly open on the counter attack.

Rooney was immense. If anyone ever doubted his heart or commitment they can look to him being our brightest player today, his gal was cracking.

A very bad day. Moyes got it wrong from the start and made the wrong decisions throughout.

Tbf, Clev going on, whilst weird it was the only change, pushed Fellaini further forward to battle the City defence. Far too late and a rather negative tactic, but understandable considering what Kompany was doing to Rooney.

I don't think he'd have made a difference to the result, although probably would have had a better performance but turning down Ozil looks like it was a bad decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭irishfeen

Outclassed, out played and out thought... terrible :(

Whatever about the result, will Moyes please pull his head out of his rear end and not leave Kagawa on the fecking bench!! :mad:

collie0708 wrote: »
    Can't believe we only used 1 sub and it was fcuking cleverly!!!! Nani,kagawa and Hernandez just left on the bench... We showed no fight and defiantly none of the never say die attitude we expect from united.... Disappointed with the result an disgusted with the performance

What good would they have done at 4-0 down? I'm glad every player had to suffer the 90 minutes except Young, who'll I'll say nothing about to avoid a ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

You know it's getting bad when things evil Kagawa says actually start to make sense

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

If Kagawa doesn't get a proper run in the team he should put in a transfer request in January. Such a waste.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement