Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,661 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

So Kag wasnt injured

Dear lord that ****ing awful managing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,772 ✭✭✭✭Paul Tergat

Headshot wrote: »
    So Kag wasnt injured

Dear lord that ****ing awful managing

Im very surprised at what Moyes just said. Strange sub

If David Moyes was a proven class manager with the trophies in the bag to back him up I would understand why people are calling defending him and calling for patience. But he's not. He has won nothing and proven nothing. Except that he is in way over his depth.

The type of man that ferguson is he was never going to recommend a manager who was even close to filling his boots.

Yes, man utd are in a transition period, but Moyes inherited a team that won the league by 11 points, there are other clubs that would laugh at that so called transition period.

Phil Neville and Ryan giggs are couches. Moyes is the manager. Something has gone horribly wrong.

Sorry but this is ****ing ridiculous.

Also, because hes won nothing we as fans should not give him a chance at the start of his reign? More stupid posting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Nolars

Would of loved to see a technical coach at united like klopp the football we play is shocking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,992 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

You guys had one of the best managers ever. I don't think many top managers would have taken the job given the legacy they had to follow on from.

Players over the last ten years that have been signed by United knew they were working for a boss who was a living legend.

You cannot expect things to just keep going on the way they did. Its likely that your team will never be as successful on a consistent basis as they were under Ferguson. All you should be expecting from this season is qualification for the Champion's League next year and to get out of the group stages this season, anything over and above that is a bonus.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Sorry but this is ****ing ridiculous.

Also, because hes won nothing we as fans should not give him a chance at the start of his reign? More stupid posting

Because he has won nothing he should never have been given the job. It's not stupid posting just because you say it is. It's not ridiculous just because you say it is.

What credentials does moyes have to manage this team? What credentials does Phil Neville have to be a coach?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Has moyes changed tactics from what was played last season. It seems to be the same formation and general style

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Jesus did anyone see what Moyes said about Kagawa, ridiculous.

I'm starting to think we're badly in need of a real tactician either as a manager or number 2, United being the team who attacks mainly from the wings died a few seasons ago and we've been dragging it since. It's unfair firing the ball into a player like RVP hoping for him to do the spectacular every single time. Do you think Barca would play that way if they had him? Not a hope in hell, they'd try and play it to his feet and make as many shooting opportunities for him as possible.

We have RVP, Rooney, Kagawa and Nani and we haven't scored one goal from open play in the league since Welbeck's against Swansea. Something is wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭2moreMinutes

There's no way you can see it being justified no matter the result?
    I could potentially see it justified in the very very very worst case scenario. Finishing lower than 4th would possibly satisfy that condition. We're nowhere even close to that level yet. Look at the table at Halloween is what I've been brought up with.
    We're in a transition period no matter what anyone says so I really don't want any knee jerk reactions in relation to the manager.
    A few transfer windows? So no matter what he should be there at the start of next season?
    Bar the worst case scenario, I believe so yes. So long as he clears out some of the deadwood and improved the team as he sees fit, I'd be happy to see him there next August.

Because he has won nothing he should never have been given the job. It's not stupid posting just because you say it is. It's not ridiculous just because you say it is.

What credentials does moyes have to manage this team? What credentials does Phil Neville have to be a coach?

Firstly, what you said about Ferguson is a heap of ****e. If you think he doesnt want whats best for his club then you are pretty clueless.

On Moyes - he wasnt everyones first choice taking over but whoever it was had massive boots to fill. For the first time in 26 years we have changes all over the club and that will take some time for everyone to get used to. You don't sack a manager after 6 games of a league season.

2 of the top 3 from last year have also changed managers. Sure, they have gone for bigger name candidates but do you want to become like those 2 teams and have constant changes in management. I certainly dont

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

What was said about Kagawa?

KH25 wrote: »
    What was said about Kagawa?

basically it wasnt down to an injury but he wanted to change it up tactically. quite strange

Firstly, what you said about Ferguson is a heap of ****e. If you think he doesnt want whats best for his club then you are pretty clueless.

On Moyes - he wasnt everyones first choice taking over but whoever it was had massive boots to fill. For the first time in 26 years we have changes all over the club and that will take some time for everyone to get used to. You don't sack a manager after 6 games of a league season.

2 of the top 3 from last year have also changed managers. Sure, they have gone for bigger name candidates but do you want to become like those 2 teams and have constant changes in management. I certainly dont

My point was not that he should be sacked, but that he was a crazy appointment in the first place. You seem to be a bit clueless tbh and your rose tinted glasses are cemented to your face. They could lose the next ten games on the trot and you'd still be telling people to support Moyes and his clueless backroom staff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,014 ✭✭✭✭titan18

basically it wasnt down to an injury but he wanted to change it up tactically. quite strange

There looked like there wasn't a change tactically though. Januzaj went to the left when he came on and drifting to center, same as Kagawa did.

Tbh, as much as I think he's not up to it, it would be stupid to get rid of Moyes unless it was a case that Ferguson was coming back to take over again. Players would need to get used to a new staff, perhaps a new way of playing. No real point in changing to anyone else during this season unless he was having a disaster. By the end of the season, he keeps his job provided he's top 4, anything less isn't good enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,930 ✭✭✭KH25

Something tells me Moyes doesn't rate Kagawa.

titan18 wrote: »
    There looked like there wasn't a change tactically though. Januzaj went to the left when he came on and drifting to center, same as Kagawa did.

i know, im saying what moyes was saying was strange :confused:

KH25 wrote: »
    Something tells me Moyes doesn't rate Kagawa.

Fergie wasnt completely sold too it seems. He may not get his chance at United

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

That worked out well:rolleyes: The fact we never bothered to close the ball down and the same bad habits we have had for a couple of seasons reared their head again today cost us the game.

Once more casual play and lack of movement & cohesion in our play led to us losing.

Ferdinand was shocking today,would we have seen Vidic turning his back on an attacker?

We had some desperate displays last season yet somehow got results,this season we are being punished.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭LuckyCharms

The extreme reactions towards Moyes are equalling baffling imo. The fact is that he has inherited a reigning champions therefore a minimum 4th position is a must.

More importantly or worryingly is the strange decisions that he has made since he took over. He also needs to realize that the Utd of old, flying wingers etc is not a workable solution with the present team or at least with the players being picked.

I don't think he has the mentality to change the formation drastically to move towards a strategy that will focus on how to get the best out of our stars.

The wingers at present are just shocking, no idea what has happened.Valencia seems completely dearth of any sort of impetus these days. Young was always gash but he has never considered more than a squad player. I just don't know about Nani anymore. He was never the most consistent player in the world but my god, i hope he rediscovers what makes him tick cuz when he is on form , he is lethal and exactly what we are lacking atm.

Some of the big name players are letting Moyes down but laying the blame at their door is futile. Big name players let ferguson down as well but he dealt with it and they knew not to let it happen again. It happens to all players but it comes down to whether or not they are let off the hook when it does. Does Moyes have what it takes to drop these so called stars and throw the more deserving players on in their place? Its not an easy thing to do and requires a manager with unshakeable belief. Many more illustrious managers than Moyes haven't had the nerve to do it.

While the results are concerning, id more alarmed at the form of some of the players at present and the fact that Moyes seems to be sticking with them anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Ok I've been patient up until now but I think it's fair to say Moyes does not have a clue wtf he is doing with that team. Today was a must win game and the strongest team should have been selected despite being at home to West Brom. Fergie will be back by January or sooner when we're still in the bottom half of the league. In a must win game he chose Jones over Rafael for RB, Anderson over anyone for midfield, Rio over Vidic in Defence, Buttner over Evra at left back.

We need to spend about 100m to sort the midfield out but we need to get a manger in who will spend those funds wisely. Moyes spending near 30m for Fellaini clearly is not the man to spend this money.

Do the people who got on my back last week over my comments on Rio still want to back up what they were saying. I will say it again. Rio is past it and is simply not good enough for the United first team this year. A long spell on the bench might give him something to think about as his performances have been a total joke this season. A league of Ireland defender would do better. The fact that Moyes selected him despite this shows his total ineptness at team selection.

• Advertisement

It seems that Man Utd wanted a manager that wouldn't rock the boat...would step out from Ferguson's shadow, but only slightly. And try and make some ex players coaches too, that would be great.

What Man Utd needed was someone who wasn't afraid to make some changes. Someone who wasn't afraid to say that some of Ferguson's tactics...and some of his players, like Valencia and Young, were simply not good enough. And that Rio is finished as a top flight central defender.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,139 ✭✭✭Red Crow

Poor tactics and very similar to last year tbh. Disappointing start but we'll have to get on with it. Moyes isn't helping himself by making stupid changes but when Tom Cleverley is your best midfielder so far this season you have to start asking questions.

Rio is done. Get Rafael into the team and tell Carrick to get back to top form. Carrick is having a shocker so far this season.

Even the commentator mentioned it today,the usual wave after wave of pressure never materialised today.It's as if the players had the mindset of "ah sure we're United,the goals will come".Not by playing like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Paddy Power has next Utd manager Fergie at 5/1 :P

Anyway, he needs at least a season, if out of top 4 then he has to go.

Can't believe I laughed at Arsenal at the start of the season :o

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Paddy Power has next Utd manager Fergie at 5/1 :P

Can't believe I laughed at Arsenal at the start of the season :o

I think top 4 is a minimum at least!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Maybe having Moyes as Fergie's number 2 for a season would have been a good idea?

I mean didn't he say he didn't get to know Kagawa + others and I think even said he hadn't seen some of them play.
    He could have got to know the players and learnt under Fergie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭SherlockWatson

My point was not that he should be sacked, but that he was a crazy appointment in the first place. You seem to be a bit clueless tbh and your rose tinted glasses are cemented to your face. They could lose the next ten games on the trot and you'd still be telling people to support Moyes and his clueless backroom staff.

If you're going to talk primarily out of your hole, please don't have the gall to call someone else clueless.

If you're going to talk primarily out of your hole, please don't have the gall to call someone else clueless.

What have I said, that you believe to be "talking out of my hole"?

Watching United lately,including the transfer window:

qb5YR5d.gif

• Advertisement

Moyes is not going to get a season at this rate.

BloodBath wrote: »
    Moyes is not going to get a season at this rate.

Depends if he is like 8th in November I couldn't see him staying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,136 ✭✭✭✭How Soon Is Now

I've avoided this place last few weeks for obvious reasons.

I dunno what to say other then what's already been said here already. The start to season has been awful I really really hope we start to perform better some of the team selections today including has been crazy.

Where in trouble if this is continues and that is not an over reaction.

Just keep in mind this team and a lot of those players are not used to losing many games and struggling.

How will they deal with it?

We took Fergie for granted now where seeing just how important he was to this club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

I think we should fire Moyes.......

......out of a cannon before our home games. It would be more exciting than some of the football so far. Relax though lads. Loads of the season left.

What have I said, that you believe to be "talking out of my hole"?

This is one of the stupidest statements I have ever read on boards.
    The type of man that ferguson is he was never going to recommend a manager who was even close to filling his boots.

From BBC Sport:

Manchester United have become only the second top-flight English champions, after Blackburn in 1995-96, to begin the following season with three (or more) defeats in their opening six matches since Leeds did so in the 1974-75 season.

• Advertisement

Going drinking with a load of Scousers,wish me luck.

This is one of the stupidest statements I have ever read on boards.

In your opinion.

In your opinion.

Obviously, I can't give other peoples opinions now, can I?

putting words in my mouth now. also love the fact you know about his backroom staff.

more inane nonsense from you.

actually f it, one last try - do you really believe Fergie would have done that?

Obviously, I can't give other peoples opinions now, can I?

That's not as funny or clever as you think it is.

I hope you don't have this level of blind faith in real life.

• Advertisement

zerks wrote: »
    Going drinking with a load of Scousers,wish me luck.

god speed

putting words in my mouth now. also love the fact you know about his backroom staff.

more inane nonsense from you.

Inane nonsense because you don't agree with it? Because you're not exactly giving me any convincing arguments as to why it is anane, and nonsense. You're like a child who's only retort is "BECAUSE I SAY SO".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,777 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Inane nonsense because you don't agree with it? Because you're not exactly giving me any convincing arguments as to why it is anane, and nonsense. You're like a child who's only retort is "BECAUSE I SAY SO".

"When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him"

No, you are just making up things that arent true. WTF do you know about his backroom staff?

im guessing you saw my edit late - did you really (have a think) that Fergie would do that?

That's not as funny or clever as you think it is.

I hope you don't have this level of blind faith in real life.
    It wasn't a joke, its common sense, I don't need you telling me something is MY opinion, when I am the one who gave it.

Also, Where is the blind faith?

Please show me one example of blind faith?

You won't be able to, so I shall leave you to the nonsense you're spouting.

It wasn't a joke, its common sense, I don't need you telling me something is MY opinion, when I am the one who gave it.

Also, Where is the blind faith?

Please show me one example of blind faith?

You won't be able to, so I shall leave you to the nonsense you're spouting.

If you think what I'm saying is nonsense, then I presume that means that you think Moyes is the man for the job...and we all need to be patient. A manager who has never achieved anything in his life is now manager of the biggest club in the world. To believe what you believe takes a hell of a lot of blind faith.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

If you think what I'm saying is nonsense, then I presume that means that you think Moyes is the man for the job...and we all need to be patient. A manager who has never achieved anything in his life is now manager of the biggest club in the world. To believe what you believe takes a hell of a lot of blind faith.

Look at Pellegrini at City, he's achieved more in the game than Moyes and has a unlimited supply of cash with arguably the best individual squad in the league and they're not exactly setting the world alight. You reckon he should be sacked too?

Judge Moyes at the end of the season, sacking him now would be incredibly stupid

There is an absolutely massive difference between thinking that Moyes is the man for the job, and thinking that Fergie intentionally sabotaged the club by picking a manager that he thought wouldn't be up for it?

I clearly said that I don't think Fergie intentionally sabotaged the club like you believe, and you've somehow linked that to me saying that Moyes is the perfect man?

TIP: Stick to having your own opinions, and stop trying to voice both mine and Pauls opinion, as you clearly have massive problems comprehending English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭skinny90

nuxxx wrote: »
    Look at Pellegrini at City, he's achieved more in the game than Moyes and has a unlimited supply of cash with arguably the best individual squad in the league and they're not exactly setting the world alight. You reckon he should be sacked too?

Judge Moyes at the end of the season, sacking him now would be incredibly stupid
    Completly agree when you look at what squad Chelsea and City have. Top 3 (perhaps 4) is a minimum,
    Anything less than that and yes he should be sacked.
    Otherwise it would be outrageous to see him go.i for one don't want us going through different management in the same way our competition does

nuxxx wrote: »

Yet they look superior in every area of the pitch compared to us. Not to mention he brought in some great players. They will finish ahead of us this season for sure.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement