Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester United Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread - 2013/14 mod warning post#7259

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Walcott is a better midfielder than carrick and fellaini? lolwut?

He's a winger for a start and better than any of ours.
    I have already told you, grow up, stop acting like a spoilt child and actually support your club.

I support the club. I think Moyes is doing permanent damage to it though and is not the man for the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

BloodBath wrote: »
    He's a winger for a start and better than any of ours.

No he isn't.

And as you say, for a start, for a start he isn't a winger, he just isn't good enough to start up front. So he starts from wide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

I support the club. I think Moyes is doing permanent damage to it though and is not the man for the job.

You must see the contradiction in what you are saying though?

Supporting the club does not simply mean when things are going well, it means supporting the club/team/manager when things are going poorly. Not turning on anyone like an ungrateful baby who has gotten too used to instant success.

You don't think he is the man for the job? Grand, neither do plenty of others, but he deserves a chance at it. He will more then likely fail either way, it was always going to be ridiculous replacing Fergie, not a job I would want. The next guy in after Moyes will deffo get the better end of the stick

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

this is when i realize you are insane.permanent damage? you do realize that these points dropped dont effect future seasons :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,373 Mod ✭✭✭✭lordgoat

What planet are you on? If Arsenal continue playing the way they are and we continue playing the way we are they are going to hammer us. Arsenal are miles ahead of us at the moment.

Moyes is totally out of his depth. I'm not willing to wait for him to do permanent damage to our team. He's been totally clueless up to this point. He couldn't have had a much worse 3 months in charge. I guarantee you he will be gone by January.

How about a he goes or you go in January?

kryogen wrote: »
    No he isn't.

And as you say, for a start, for a start he isn't a winger, he just isn't good enough to start up front. So he starts from wide.

He isn't? Both England and Arsenal have played him as a winger for many years. Whatever about his aspirations to play up front. It doesn't change the fact he has played the majority of his career as a winger, therefore he is a winger.
    Supporting the club does not simply mean when things are going well, it means supporting the club/team/manager when things are going poorly. Not turning on anyone like an ungrateful baby who has gotten too used to instant success.

this is when i realize you are insane.permanent damage? you do realize that these points dropped dont effect future seasons

I'm not expecting instant success but the way we are going we won't finish in the top 4 and with the brand of football we are playing we will do well to hold on to the couple of world class players that we have. That is what I mean by permanent damage. Not finishing in the top 4 and losing some key players would be permanent damage.

Maybe Moyes can turn it around but he has shown nothing to prove that he can yet. I'm not asking for him to be sacked yet. Don't get me wrong but I am against him being manager. I hope to be proved wrong but he shouldn't be given any longer than January if he doesn't improve. If he's going to waste our money by spending near 30m on the likes of Fellaini and passing up the chance to sign Ozil then I think we're in trouble. It takes years to fix bad management and bad signings.
    How about a he goes or you go in January?

How about you contribute more than stupid troll comments. How the hell are you a moderator?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

Walcott is a better midfielder than carrick and fellaini? lolwut?

Is he better? Who knows.

But Theo Walcott scored 21 goals and had 16 assists last season, while our collection of chaff had what, about five goals between the lot of them? I wouldn't be so quick to laugh personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

There should be a simple questionnaire for soccer forum access.

How about you contribute more than stupid troll comments. How the hell are you a moderator?

It was a serious comment.

Kinda ironic about the troll part though.

All you do is bitch and whinge and moan. Personally you're IMO the worst type of supporter there is. Oh we're not winning. Oh look at how good arsenal are. 'Mark my words' 'I'm right' lol. Wha wha wha. I support Man U and we're losing.

Grow up and get behind the team.

So I'll ask again. Moyes vs you beyond January if you're so confident that he's doing permanent damage to the club surely he won't be here.

Also am I a mod of soccer? (The answer is no)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭VW 1

I guarantee you he will be gone by January.

Guarantee is a bit strong? Still you sound confident, willing to bet your soccer forum access on it?

• Advertisement

lordgoat wrote: »

All you do is bitch and whinge and moan. Personally you're IMO the worst type of supporter there is. Oh we're not winning. Oh look at how good arsenal are. 'Mark my words' 'I'm right' lol. Wha wha wha. I support Man U and we're losing.

So I'll ask again. Moyes vs you beyond January if you're so confident that he's doing permanent damage to the club surely he won't be here.

And what do you do? Do you contribute anything meaningful to the forum or to boards.ie? As a moderator you should be well aware of the rules of conduct but apparently not. Personal attacks are against the forum charter on every single forum on boards.ie yet you resort to it because you don't agree with me. Again I ask how the hell are you a moderator on any forum? You are a poor representative of boards.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

All you have to do is listen to Fergie's recent interview to know Moyes isn't going anywhere anytime soon. With the likes of him, Charlton and Gill as directors at the club you can be damn sure he'll be here after Xmas.

So not only is it futile to talk about Moyes getting the sack from that pov, there isn't exactly a plethora of WC, suitable managers available at the moment, is there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

^^Lol. That's more a personal attack than anything said to you.

And what do you do? Do you contribute anything meaningful to the forum or to boards.ie? As a moderator you should be well aware of the rules of conduct but apparently not. Personal attacks are against the forum charter on every single forum on boards.ie yet you resort to it because you don't agree with me. Again I ask how the hell are you a moderator on any forum? You are a poor representative of boards.ie

He's cracking up. He's cracking up. Bloodbaths cracking up.

Personal attacks? Not from me buddy.

^^Lol. That's more a personal attack than anything said to you.

Ah now I don't think what Blatter said was that harsh?

Really? On what planet?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,949 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

This conversation finishes right here, right now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Soccer game news round up!

Mourinho drops his best player from last season. Also stumbles with many results in both EPL and UCL. No one cares.

Pelligrini loses yet again. Teams show no sign of any consistency whatsoever. No one cares.

Moyes had his tie croked. SAAAAAAACCCCCKKKKKK HIIIIMMMMMM!1!!!11!

Yes Moyes has made a number of errors but he needs to learn. We are not Chelsea. We are not Man City. It's going to be a very frustrating season ahead but we should give him the time to put down roots.

If we can get to Christmas and be there-therabouts, I'd be quite content.

I honestly don't understand the moderation on this forum. How behaviour from one person can be acceptable but not from another. Do you mind telling me how you can skirt around the rules?

This kind of nonsense is acceptable from a moderator? What happened to targeting the post and not the poster?

• Advertisement

I honestly don't understand the moderation on this forum. How behaviour from one person can be acceptable but not from another. Do you mind telling me how you can skirt around the rules?

This kind of nonsense is acceptable from a moderator? What happened to targeting the post and not the poster?

Check out the forum rules mate.

*friendly advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭fish fingers

Man, you need to take a step back, you will tie yourself up in knots if you let it. Just maybe take a break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

I`ll have a little bet with you re your Moyes predictions. If he is sacked in January I wont post on the soccer forum for 12 months. If he isnt, you dont post for 12 months?

Its a no brainer for me and I presume the same for you as you are so confident that it will happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭master-t

It really annoys me that Jose loses matches, stumbles to a very poor start, drops Mata, doesn't sign a significant forward yet lets potentially their best one go out on loan without a callback option, 3 points from two CL games.......after 6 PL matches, sits outside the top 4....yet no one (mainly the media) bats much of an eyelid.

Pelligrini spends a fortune.......has a wealth of talent at his disposal, loses to Cardiff and gets spanked by Bayern....3 points from 2 CL matches......after 6 PL matches, sits outside the top 4........not much said but he's apparently a 'world class' manager.

Moyes has a poor start, sits outside the top 4, has 4 points from his opening two CL matches, didn't spend much in the window but kept Rooney and has him playing great football...........absolute media circus and is 'out of his depth'.

P1sses me off so much.

master-t wrote: »
    It really annoys me that Jose loses matches, stumbles to a very poor start, drops Mata, doesn't sign a significant forward yet lets potentially their best one go out on loan without a callback option, 3 points from two CL games.......after 6 PL matches, sits outside the top 4....yet no one (mainly the media) bats much of an eyelid.

Pelligrini spends a fortune.......has a wealth of talent at his disposal, loses to Cardiff and gets spanked by Bayern....3 points from 2 CL matches......after 6 PL matches, sits outside the top 4........not much said but he's apparently a 'world class' manager.

Moyes has a poor start, sits outside the top 4, has 4 points from his opening two CL matches, didn't spend much in the window but kept Rooney and has him playing great football...........absolute media circus and is 'out of his depth'.

P1sses me off so much.

Why let it bother you so much what people on forums /newspapers /SSN say?

Seriously? Big deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i don't understand anyone whose not even relatively patient when it comes to a new manager.

be a critic? absolutely.

want him gone after a wet week? insane.

some people really have been spoiled.

• Advertisement

I'm not even going to mention it again. I understand many will disagree with me and that maybe i'm being ott but I honestly see way too many negatives from Moyes so far.

I know it's early but I really wish he gave a few more positives than he has so far. If you read my posts you would see I said he should go in January if things don't improve.

P1sses me off so much.

Overall in the league both have had much better starts than we have.

I think if we had beaten one of Liverpool Chelsea or city the drama would be less. I think it would be a lot less if the team was actually playing decent football.

Tbh I couldn't give a **** what's written in the press. Judging the teams you've mentioned I'd have Chelsea's season the best, then city and then us. Fortunately it's only October.

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Why let it bother you so much what people on forums /newspapers /SSN say?

Seriously? Big deal

Because then you have to deal with 'fans' who read this garbage and turn on the team/manager. I think the media in general just p1sses me off tbh :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

P1sses me off so much.

I'd take our start to the season over Citys and Utds TBH.

We've only lost in the league to Everton away, last season we were the only team to beat them at Goodison.

Granted we shouldnt have lost to Basle at home, that was terrible and the lack of a CF while letting Lukaku wasnt the best, especially since Eto'o is so far off the pace but we'er a better team this year then last year.

Anyone getting carried away with the early form and positions of Utd, City and Chelsea are mad, none of them will finish in there current positions and I'd be surprised if 3 of us didnt make up the top 4 again this year.

Its only 6 games in ffs meltdowns should be saved until Dec/Jan when it starts to look a bit dodgy but 6 games in is to early for sackings and knee jerking.

SlickRic wrote: »
    i don't understand anyone whose not even relatively patient when it comes to a new manager.

be a critic? absolutely.

want him gone after a wet week? insane.

some people really have been spoiled.

Hey ric. Missed you posting in here. Some people remember the long wait. It's been a privilege the last 20 years or so supporting united. I agree with you completely and take nothing for granted. Not after Leeds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,495 ✭✭✭✭bucketybuck

I don't really get posts like this. I couldn't give two ****s what is happening at City or Chelsea, my focus is on United.

Have Chelsea and City had rubbish starts? Yes, but thats for their fans to worry about, not me.

Because then you have to deal with 'fans' who read this garbage and turn on the team/manager. I think the media in general just p1sses me off tbh

So my opinions are based on things I've read in the media and not what i've seen with my own 2 eyes?

You're assuming a lot.

Because then you have to deal with 'fans' who read this garbage and turn on the team/manager. I think the media in general just p1sses me off tbh :)

Avoid tabloids and SSN and you'll be grand!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

Hey ric. Missed you posting in here. Some people remember the long wait. It's been a privilege the last 20 years or so supporting united. I agree with you completely and take nothing for granted. Not after Leeds.

Eh? (Thinking of several possible instances that you could be referring to)

G.K. wrote: »
    Eh? (Thinking of several possible instances that you could be referring to)

There's only one. 92.

So my opinions are based on things I've read in the media and not what i've seen with my own 2 eyes?

You're assuming a lot.

Huh?? I wasn't talking about you at all. I've actually made it a priority to skim past your posts after I read the first few.......Sorry about that. So I have no idea what you have been saying......as balanced-minded as your posts have been no doubt :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,367 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

also, if Moyes can find it within himself to push the team 10 yards up the pitch, that will solve a lot of the problems.

I don't really get posts like this. I couldn't give two ****s what is happening at City or Chelsea, my focus is on United.

Have Chelsea and City had rubbish starts? Yes, but thats for their fans to worry about, not me.

While I agree with the principle of only worrying about United, what I am referring to is simply the added pressure added to Moyes by the media circus around him just waiting for the next slip up. This doesn't happen for Jose or Pelligrini.

I do think he will turn it around however, and I am not condemning him or the team whatsoever. Just simply headlines and interviews that are annoying me as opposed to what City and Chelsea are doing.

Huh?? I wasn't talking about you at all. I've actually made it a priority to skim past your posts after I read the first few.......Sorry about that. So I have no idea what you have been saying......as balanced-minded as your posts have been no doubt :)

Fair enough but your assumptions that anyone who thinks or says anything negative about Moyes is based on the media and that they are anyway less of a fan than you are is fairly biased no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Times like this you really see the spoilt fans who had it too good popping their head up. Give him a chance ffs it's 6 games into the season he obviously has no idea of his first 11. Once he gets his team sorted and we get a regular team playing together results will pick up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭adox

If you read my posts you would see I said he should go in January if things don't improve.

Moyes is totally out of his depth. I'm not willing to wait for him to do permanent damage to our team. He's been totally clueless up to this point. He couldn't have had a much worse 3 months in charge. I guarantee you he will be gone by January.

:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Playing an away game in the Ukraine and picking up a point, I'll take that, don't lose our away games and win our home games and I'd be happy with that in the champions league all season, it's a hard place to go and they've shown against previous premiership teams that they are a force there.

It wasn't a great performance but the job got done, bar a sloppy clearance (I do think Vidic seen it late and it just bounced off him) we could have got a draw, I think they marginally shaded the game last night but again, I don't think we setup to go for it from the off.

I think a lot of the criticism of Moyes is people knowing nothing but success at the club, I think people need to take a step back and realise that sometimes, you can't have your cake and eat it, it will take him time, I honestly think he will come good, I don't think he looks overwhelmed but I do think he's being a bit overly cautious and he fears losing and the public backlash.

Moyes needs to allow his team to play ball, we are sitting 2 deep, we have good pace at the back to get us out of trouble if teams get behind us, we should be playing higher up the pitch and pressing teams in their half.

I'm not overly excited about the dealings of united since June the 1st but I don't know how much of that is down to Moyes, silly bids for players has left him under a lot of pressure but is that the policy of united, or something Moyes should have had a stronger hold on.

I do think come the end of May we will be there or there abouts in the top 3, as long as we don't slip outside the top 3 I think it will be a good season and Moyes will come back stronger with more experience.

Look at Moyes in Europe, he's had 2 tricky ties and come through them, Look at the contrast in Mancini a manager who has numerous league and cup titles and he's still struggling, I do believe Moyes has it in his locker, I just think he needs to release the reigns, be his own man and not worry about the media backlash and I think we will be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭Ordinary man

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Times like this you really see the spoilt fans who had it too good popping their head up. Give him a chance ffs it's 6 games into the season he obviously has no idea of his first 11. Once he gets his team sorted and we get a regular team playing together results will pick up.

i keep trying to tell myself that but it seems as if he is caught between trying to keep the team playing as they did last season and trying to put his own mark on the style of play. His subs have seemed very cautious as well. It is almost as if his fear of making mistakes is stopping him making the changes needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,001 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

i keep trying to tell myself that but it seems as if he is caught between trying to keep the team playing as they did last season and trying to put his own mark on the style of play. His subs have seemed very cautious as well. It is almost as if his fear of making mistakes is stopping him making the changes needed

People are critical because of the players he is persisting with. Valencia, Young and Wellbeck regulars under Fergie also and playing Giggs and putting Jones into the team for the sake of it.

People giving out Nani and Kagawa not getting a chance same as under Fergie.

I agree he is being negative and sticking with some of the principles Fergie had. He needs to be his own man i think and stop worrying about the worst happening. He don't seem to know his best team at the moment i expect this to change and once it does results will pick up.

Playing an away game in the Ukraine and picking up a point, I'll take that, don't lose our away games and win our home games and I'd be happy with that in the champions league all season, it's a hard place to go and they've shown against previous premiership teams that they are a force there.

It wasn't a great performance but the job got done, bar a sloppy clearance (I do think Vidic seen it late and it just bounced off him) we could have got a draw, I think they marginally shaded the game last night but again, I don't think we setup to go for it from the off.

I think a lot of the criticism of Moyes is people knowing nothing but success at the club, I think people need to take a step back and realise that sometimes, you can't have your cake and eat it, it will take him time, I honestly think he will come good, I don't think he looks overwhelmed but I do think he's being a bit overly cautious and he fears losing and the public backlash.

Moyes needs to allow his team to play ball, we are sitting 2 deep, we have good pace at the back to get us out of trouble if teams get behind us, we should be playing higher up the pitch and pressing teams in their half.

I'm not overly excited about the dealings of united since June the 1st but I don't know how much of that is down to Moyes, silly bids for players has left him under a lot of pressure but is that the policy of united, or something Moyes should have had a stronger hold on.

I do think come the end of May we will be there or there abouts in the top 3, as long as we don't slip outside the top 3 I think it will be a good season and Moyes will come back stronger with more experience.

Look at Moyes in Europe, he's had 2 tricky ties and come through them, Look at the contrast in Mancini a manager who has numerous league and cup titles and he's still struggling, I do believe Moyes has it in his locker, I just think he needs to release the reigns, be his own man and not worry about the media backlash and I think we will be good.

We were very lucky to be honest. They should have had a penalty and the goal we got was very soft. Outside of that we had no other good chances. While the game wasn't easy it's not exactly one of the big 3 we were playing or anything close to it.

While your view is a lot more balanced and sensible than mine I think blind faith that we will still finish in the top 3 based on what we have seen so far is a bit optimistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭magnumbud

Overall in the league both have had much better starts than we have.

I think if we had beaten one of Liverpool Chelsea or city the drama would be less. I think it would be a lot less if the team was actually playing decent football.

Tbh I couldn't give a **** what's written in the press. Judging the teams you've mentioned I'd have Chelsea's season the best, then city and then us. Fortunately it's only October.

yes they stand 3 and 4 points ahead to us but we have had a tougher start than both and yet they sit only that bit ahead of us so that gives me hope we can turn it around if we just start hitting form. look at 12 months ago we had won 5 of 7 but really didnt deserve to win 2 or 3 of those games and it was the form of RVP that pulled us over the line in those games. unfortunatly he has not been in great form so far (and missed a few games). like how many times the start of last season did we concede the first goal and have to turn the game around.

i think we need a few ugly 1 nil wins get some points on the board and build confidence then move forward.
    We were very lucky to be honest. They should have had a penalty and the goal we got was very soft. Outside of that we had no other good chances. While the game wasn't easy it's not exactly one of the big 3 we were playing or anything close to it.

While your view is a lot more balanced and sensible than mine I think blind faith that we will still finish in the top 3 based on what we have seen so far is a bit optimistic.

the goal they got was fairly soft too and it says alot that no english team has come away from that stadium with 3 points so far. im happy to be at a point that 6 points from 4 games will should see us through and could be done in the 2 Sociedad games.

i dont think people are going off the current form to say we will be top 3 its going off the fact its very much the same team that won the league last year. bad form happens and getting used to moyes ways is having its tole but this form wont last which is why i am confident that we will go on and be top 3. while the results have not been ideal i have seen enough to say we can turn it around. we were alot more solid last night which is a plus, nani seemed in good form on saturday with some very nice crosses and januzaj was a big threat when he came on, rooney looks back to his best. once all of this comes together i think we will be fine. Form is temporary Class is permanent ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,428 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

SlickRic wrote: »
    also, if Moyes can find it within himself to push the team 10 yards up the pitch, that will solve a lot of the problems.

This and the point of working as a group would make the side much better. The first one can be done quickly, second will take time. When Carrick and Fellaini play together (so far) they sit too deep.

DM-ICE wrote: »
    This and the point of working as a group would make the side much better. The first one can be done quickly, second will take time. When Carrick and Fellaini play together (so far) they sit too deep.

It's been highlighted in here. The lack of pace of those 2 coupled with the lack of pace of our centre halves. Means we can't step up too high. I'm pretty worried over felliani. I think he's been poor to average so far. I know it's only early but there are concerns.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,608 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

It's quite annoying how anyone who is disappointed and/or angry with our start is immediately labeled as spoiled or "in meltdown".

It's quite annoying how in this topic, there's only polar opposites as opposed to a spectrum; you're either 100% behind him or you want him out tomorrow. Heaven forbid people be frustrated but on a scale...

• Advertisement

magnumbud wrote: »
    i dont think people are going off the current form to say we will be top 3 its going off the fact its very much the same team that won the league last year. bad form happens and getting used to moyes ways is having its tole but this form wont last which is why i am confident that we will go on and be top 3. while the results have not been ideal i have seen enough to say we can turn it around. we were alot more solid last night which is a plus, nani seemed in good form on saturday with some very nice crosses and januzaj was a big threat when he came on, rooney looks back to his best. once all of this comes together i think we will be fine. Form is temporary Class is permanent ;)

It's the same team yes but not the same manager or the same staff. That makes a big difference. I could understand your optimism if Fergie was at the helm. We replaced proven winners with people with very little or no experience at the level they are at. All of the competition have strengthened too.

We were more solid defensively yes, which is a positive, but Moyes clearly set out to play a defensive game at the cost of attack, possession and gameplay. The risk barely paid off but granted it's a good point regardless of how awful we were.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement