Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Lan Card

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

With SPC you dont get push to mobile with there app.
    You would need to be refreshing the app all the time to see any alarm activation or change in system status.
    Disappointing really.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

But you have your own access & there are multiple ways to have monitoring as you have IP access to the panel already. As you well know.

I'm simply looking for information on HKCs long awaited lan card.
    And I'm still baffled as to why something with IP access in place would be limited to certain users and be restricted to third party connections.
    Neither is technically necessary, and the fact that its an add on certainly doesn't make the slightest difference.
    Maybe I'm missing a reason (I hope I am) but the only logical excuse I can see is it will be a subscription service. The reason for restricting access via their own servers would be to restrict someone else coming up with a free app. :confused::eek:

Any way are not turning this into another SPC vs HKC spat.
    There is a thread for that here if you wish to add anything.

KoolKid wrote: »
    I'm simply looking for information on HKCs long awaited lan card.

All we can do is wait till it is released to get all this information from HKC direct.
    There is no point speculating.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You could get a job on one of the talk to forums with stock answers like that.;)

Stick my name forward while I will consider it ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

I have an idea. Let's stop talking about this LAN card till we see it and read about its official capabilities directly . This thread is far too convoluted, we should consider moving it to the conspiracy forum.

Advertisement