Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Licensing Q - Re: Permit/Addendum to FA Licence for Silencer/Moderator

Options
  • 03-09-2013 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

I have just had my licence come through for a rifle. What do i need to do to get a Moderator/Silencer for my gun. I was not aware you need to have on licence to be able to purchase. I basically need to know what is the process for getting one legally !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

KE_MAN wrote: »
    I have just had my licence come through for a rifle. What do i need to do to get a Moderator/Silencer for my gun. I was not aware you need to have on licence to be able to purchase. I basically need to know what is the process for getting one legally !

Legally you Ned to apply through the fca1 form and then you should have the s on your license. Then you can go and buy a mod.

What most do is go in to the local FO and see can be add it to your license normaly they might pending on caliber. This way should cost you anymore money either.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

If you want a mod you should tick the box on the FCA1 (section 3.2 i think) that says silencer. If successful when your license is issued there will be a small "S" on the bottom left corner of the license.

However if you havee failed to do this then there are two ways to get one after the license;
    1. Apply for the mod separately , as it's classed as a firearm in it's own right, and if successful pay another €80 for the mod.
    2. Go to your FO explain you forgot to tick the box, and see if s/he can add the mod to your license and have it re-printed with the "S" on it.

You will need to submit an extra sheet of info as to the reason why you want the mod or explain it to your FO, but have the sheet anyway in case s/he wants it.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I am in the process of adding a mod to my cert. Sent a letter in explaining why I required one (not a FAC1) etc and followed it up with a phone call.

I played Dumb saying I was not sure of the procedure as I had an exsisting cert for the rifle.

So far so good I got a good reception and was told with would be granted. The FO is going to contact the Park and get them to amend the cert.
    I am only hoping that I do not get the run around with the printing issues that some seem to had to endure.

Advertisement