Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on buying a tv

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,487 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It's the same model number so the same TV, one is being sold by Amazon and the more expensive one by a reseller. The reseller probably won't ship to ROI anyway and it's too big for Parcel Motel so you'd have to buy from Amazon even if the prices were the other way around.

Have you thought of what you're going to do in the event of a fault that requires a warranty repair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

One of the TV's is 42ln570 and the other is 42ln540.

I was going to get parcel motel to deliver it to their main depot in dublin for €7 but I didnt really think about what I would do if the tv didn't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭FunGoose

Yeh I think oversized items can be collected from Parcel Motel in Finglas.

I can't answer your question OP but I see the LG-42LN540V is going for €479.99 in PC World. I got this model yesterday (not in PC World) so if you have any questions about it I'll try to help.

I got it as a replacement for an older LG model that became faulty. That TV was under extended warranty so I'd recommend only buying from somewhere that will cover it for at least a year without any hassle. That defo worked for me anyway!

So far it's pretty impressive all round apart the minor detail of it not having a headphone jack (the only audio-out is Optical), I worked around this but it's worth noting.

PC World link: http://www.pcworld.ie/Product/LG-42LN540V-42andquot-LED-TV/314265/11.2.0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭Peter Rhea

padair wrote: »
    Does anyone know what the difference between the two is apart from the price?

570 is smart, 540 isn't.

Compare list here: http://www.lg.com/uk/compare/compare.lg?category=/uk/tvs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭padair

Cheers for the responses.

Going to have to do a bit more research to find out where is the cheapest to pick one up around Dublin.

P.

• Advertisement
Advertisement