Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Pixies EP

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Howard the Duck

Really like it, think it's a return to form. I was worried after "bag boy" which i thought was below average. Sounds like classic Pixies while also sounding fresh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Not sure about Andro Queen. What Goes Boom is the best track IMO, but that's because it sounds like the Pixies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Andro Queen sounds like Pet Shop Boys/Erasure...and that's being generous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

quite like Indie Cindy - the rest of it sounds like decent FB solo material, not terrible but not amazing either.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 maynoothlizard

Pixies without Kim Deal? Nah...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭nobby grande

Great tracks, not crazy about what goes boom. The other 3 are gold. They will rock the Olympia.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 545 ✭✭✭WatchWolf

Pitchfork rated it 1/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭donnacha

WatchWolf wrote: »
    Pitchfork rated it 1/10.

:eek: Talk about taking it a bit too personally.

I managed to pick up a copy of the vinyl which arrived during the week - sure its not great but the pleasure I got in playing a new Pixies release on Vinyl was enough for me.

Pitchfork rated it 1/10.

Stopped caring about pitchfork along time ago, they are a joke.
    I like the EP, Indie Cindy is my favourite and what goes boom my least favourite. Looking forward to hearing the new stuff live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

Its pretty dull. Indie Cindy is about the only decent thing on it.

Whole thing reminds me of Frank Black solo work, like Bluefinger; songs that just plod along and go nowhere for a few minutes.

I agree, its not really the Pixies without Kim Deal.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Pitchfork rated it 1/10.

Pitchfork is the equivalent of the attention-seeking wannabe cool kid in school. Throwing around opinions because they think they're the 'cool' ones to have or being contrary to popular opinion to show they have an 'edge'.

Wholly unreliable. A haircut or nicely styled suit can sway reviews with them folk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

new EP-2 now out; this isn't bad:

i'm liking it more than the first one, After hearing Greens and Blues live i thought it would sound much harder than it does on the recorded version but still my favourite song on the EP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Am I the only one who hates the new one more than EP1?
    Sounds like a collection of over-indulgent Frank Black solo b-sides.
    Nothing particularly "pixies-like" about any of the 4 tracks.
    I think I'll have to draw the line here and will give EP3 a skip if it ever happens.
    The Pixies should take a leaf from Dinosaur jr or MBV's book and come back when they've something a bit edgier.

Advertisement