Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting Site to existing domain

• 03-09-2013 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys and Gals

I need to make a website and connect it to an existing domain. I've normally used Wix, but sadly can't connect my existing domain to their servers. I have a Register365 hosted site, and I opted to use their website builder, but it's diabolical. (Essentially they're charging for Google's old site builder...)

Is there something like Wix I can use that can connect an existing domain?

Any help appreciated!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Setup a WordPress site rather than getting locked into another website builder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

No idea why I didn't think of this...

Slow brain day!

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

+1 for wordpress,

setup is usually easy as are any updates. loads of free plugins to let you do what you want paid for ones if you want to do something more complicated.

pretty easy to use interface for editing your content too.

brianblaze wrote: »
    No idea why I didn't think of this...

Slow brain day!

Cheers

If you just want to try WordPress out for a couple of hours, let me know and I'll spin up a virtual machine for you to play with.

Added:

Not trying to charge/sell you anything, I'm just working on a rapid deployment kit for WordPress VM's. You'd be guinea pigging the end product for a couple of hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

I've managed a few WP sites before so should be grand! It's been a while! Ha, but glad to guinea pig stuff if you need it done!

• Advertisement

brianblaze wrote: »
    I've managed a few WP sites before so should be grand! It's been a while! Ha, but glad to guinea pig stuff if you need it done!

Cheers, I'll take you up on that later in the week if you don't mind. I've an end-user control panel that'll definitely need a kicking.

Advertisement