Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Be careful

Options
  • 03-09-2013 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭

Rang 2 weeks ago to cancel and move to sky. The rep in the cancelation department offered me a 40€ broadband only deal if I'd consider staying. I was in two minds about it so I said I'll think about it. The rep offered to ring me back the following Monday to see if I wanted to go ahead with it. No phone call came so I rang again to just cancel altogether. Arrive home today to find a lovely new 12 month contract from eircom. Apparently the rep signed me up without consent. Without discussing any terms or conditions.
    So this would of meant that when the change over to sky happened I would of been hit with an early cancelation charge.

Rang again today and have it sorted now and I was assured no charge will apply. Ill see soon enough if this is the case.

So watch yourself. You may be landed with another 12 month contract unknowingly.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Hi Hareton
    I am happy this was resolved for you and our apologies this happened in the first place. If you wish to PM me your details I can check and confirm status on your order and investigate how this happened.
    Tony

Advertisement