Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How/when to go for first kiss

Options
  • 03-09-2013 12:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hey everyone,

I met a foreign girl a few months back and she is now moved over to Dublin for at least a year. We get on really well and have been on a couple of good dates so far (although only one was in the evening due to my work schedule). There is definitely good chemistry, plenty of eye contact and signs of interest from her.

At the end of the last couple of dates, she has lingered a bit and smiled at me. I really want to go in for the first kiss, but I keep thinking it's not the right moment.

Do girls mind if the first kiss takes place in a semi-public place during the day, or would they prefer a more intimate setting late in the day?

Anyway, I'm racking my brains over this one. I really like this girl and want to make sure she knows I like her before it's too late. Can anyone help me out?

Important note: She is a bit of a shy person, if that helps.

Cheers! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,596 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

On your next date, go for it OP. It doesn't have to be a full on snog but a kiss on the lips if you are unsure about doing it during the daytime.

• Administrators Posts: 13,972 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Big Bag of Chips

A quick kiss on the lips when saying good bye during the day time will send her home with a skip and a smile ;)

Don't over think it. You are unsure and nervous... So is she!

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭moochers

+ 1to above posts.
    Go for it ! The fact that she lingers is a very promising sign. God damn it, just kiss her.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭heretochat

Am with the others on this - a quick kiss on the lips at the end of the next date.

Shows that you like her and also isn't too full on at any time of the day.

And don't be nervous, she obviously likes you if she has gone on a couple of dates and has come back for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭maria34

She must like you so go for it next time. Quick kiss at the end of the date will be perfect, doesnt matter is it day or nighttime.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭shinesun

She is lingering for a reason OP.
    There is no way she would be lingering if she did not like you.;).
    Just go for it next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Ah the poor girl is probably going mad OP!

The next time you get the lingering / smiling / prolonged eye contact, lean in and just go for it, it doesn't matter where you are. It doesn't need to be a full-on impassioned snog, just enough to let her know you definitely are attracted to her and like her more than a friend.

Seriously OP, she's still dating you and giving all the right signals - go for broke! You won't regret it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9 davlar87

Wow, all your replies have been so helpful! Thank you all so much.

I'll definitely just go for it next time. It's good to get such unanimous feedback. :) Day or night, I'm going in! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,247 ✭✭✭One shot on kill

She is more than likely lingering be ause she would like you to grab yourself by the nuts and go for it.

Go for it what's the worst that can happen. You will get a slap on the face sure we all got a few of them.

She is into you and there is plenty of opportunitys if you just keep your eyes open for them. I'd try it in the middle of the date doe and at the end you will know then how she feels. No question

Advertisement