Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Draft Chat Thread **Read the 1st Post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

So gents we are 2 days away from drafting.
    Any bold predictions to make?

Oh Sh!t!!! Getting excited now!!!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I may go with the Titans but i'd also like an elite QB so if one is there (flacco is not elite!) then i may take a punt

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I may go with the Titans but i'd also like an elite QB so if one is there (flacco is not elite!) then i may take a punt

He is on this game mate!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

If the Colts are still there when i get to pick i might take them just because im used to playing with them, after that im not sure, Eagles i love but their defence is muck, and the Texans i like to.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

If the Colts are still there when i get to pick i might take them just because im used to playing with them, after that im not sure, Eagles i love but their defence is muck, and the Texans i like to.
    Played a game with the Eagles the other day.....that defence is muck!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Played my first offline franchise game Washington vs eagles got stomped 30-0:D I'm in CPU hell, started up my ol interceptions craic, I would have tried letting plays develop but the o-line is terrible. Sideline catches then step out of bounds I've noticed don't always stop the clock and replays at bad times cause havoc when trying to call time-outs. :mad:

On the plus side I played a friendly with greenbay vs titans played well but lost but Rodgers injured cj2k.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I didn't like Washington at all when I used them. Unfortunately the teams I have used and really liked are going to be gone by 18, Broncos and Patriots.

Flacco is so elite even he doesn't know it!

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Played a game with the Eagles the other day.....that defence is muck!

True to life so!

Like Seahawks, ravens, packers, also falcons are surprisingly good to play with, Ryan is a decent QB

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Falcons are a sleeper team, I think the ravens will be good but wont make it past mike and if they do, someone will pick them pretty sharpish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    True to life so!

Jesus i hope their not as bad as the game has them or Chip and the boys are in for a very rough 1st season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I've already reserved them, you're going to have to pick someone else.

I can see Kaep getting absolutely smashed on his first scramble :P

Also just as an FYI the Patriot Killer welcomes the 9'ers to LP field in week 8 i think... dont be scrambling!

I can see Kaep getting absolutely smashed on his first scramble :P

Also just as an FYI the Patriot Killer welcomes the 9'ers to LP field in week 8 i think... dont be scrambling!

You'll have to catch him first :D

adrian522 wrote: »
    I've already reserved them, you're going to have to pick someone else.

1st pick begs to differ

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Thinking that one or two big teams will fall further than people expect to go with a few WTF picks as well!

Well, well, well, tried out the Vikings there in a friendly against the texans, my oh my- Peterson is practically unstoppable 16 carries for 324 yards! So much fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I have tried out a few teams but still no one has really clicked for me yet. Dolphins or Chiefs have probably come closest out of the teams that should fall to around my position in the draft.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

The Jaguars have a lot of potential. A definite rebuilding project but could be very good in year 2 with some clever free agency work, sensible drafting and intelligent xp expenditure.

At least that's what I'll tell myself.

The Jaguars have a lot of potential. A definite rebuilding project but could be very good in year 2 with some clever free agency work, sensible drafting and intelligent xp expenditure.

At least that's what I'll tell myself.
    Be an interesting choice at 17,a bit too high for me

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Be an interesting choice at 17,a bit too high for me

I welcome controversy.

That said, I won't jump into bed with Shaka Khan until I see what my options are.

To be honest I think the depth of teams is really strong this year. There are a few teams that night have been considered weak last year but could be fun to use this time around. The read option is going to be huge. Instant offence. I can see one or two players stockpiling mobile QBs. With injuries as they are they may need to!

Not long.. If people would be so kind as to let the Packers fall to me i'd be eternally grateful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I need a power running team that loves the occasional long bomb
    I don't run outside and I don't throw medium passes.

On D it's blitz, blitz, blitz and man press coverage outside

But that's the Browns! Is there anyone else?

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I need a power running team that loves the occasional long bomb
    I don't run outside and I don't throw medium passes.

On D it's blitz, blitz, blitz and man press coverage outside

But that's the Browns! Is there anyone else?

mike picks the Ravens :pac:

Not long.. If people would be so kind as to let the Packers fall to me i'd be eternally grateful
    All a smokescreen,Heli's goin Titans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Tried a couple of games with the Seahawks and they're not for me, Wilson keeps giving up the pigskin and broke his finger the last game. Got to try some different teams tomorrow evening before I have to draft.:cool:

Played a game earlier with locker, he fumbled 3 times... In a row 2 on sacks and one on a read option

• Advertisement

Tomorrow is going to be interesting

Advertisement