Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Draft Chat Thread **Read the 1st Post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

We have 12 hours right? I won't be able to decide till I get more game time.

Who am I kidding, it won't matter really. I know ill struggle anyway.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yes you'll have 12 hours. Please don't use them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

madalig12 wrote: »
    Tried a couple of games with the Seahawks and they're not for me, Wilson keeps giving up the pigskin and broke his finger the last game. Got to try some different teams tomorrow evening before I have to draft.:cool:

Try falcons/packers/Vikings all are fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Tomorrow is going to be interesting

Yep, I think it's going to be a great draft and the forum will be nice and busy from here on in as we get divisional previews, schedule breakdowns, team plans, trade blocks etc on the go after the team picks roll in.

We all know Carroller is going with the 49ers, but Mike could kick off a day of shocks by taking the Browns at #2. They seem to really suit his style and I personally feel it's better to go for a weaker team that suits how you play as opposed to be a higher rated team who you may not enjoy playing with. After all, you're stuck with the team for almost a year. Ali will join Carroller in the NFC West by taking the Seahawks I think (best team remaining and an excellent option QB), and if Mike does indeed take the Browns then Padraig as a Ravens fan is all over them at #4. Pudsy might fancy an even better RGIII this year as he was strongly considering them last year.

There's not much point trying to predict anything after #5 as things start to get so distorted based on one pick, but I think Heli takes someone other than the Titans due to having them on PFL, Berty is a cert to take the Jets, Luke will obviously take the Falcons if they are there at 10 but that is unlikely. Other than that, I haven't got a clue.

EDIT - Just saw Ali's post where he says he isn't taking the Seahawks. There goes my theory then :pac:

I'm considering three or four teams myself, hopefully I'll get a bit of time to play two or three more games before it's my turn to pick, but after taking the Chargers over the Jets last year and regretting it I'll be disregarding ratings and taking the team I play best with. Or maybe a couple of teams will tumble down the board and leave me with a dilemma.

I think there could well be a number of teams who would be seen as strong that end up being CPU controlled which would make things tough given how strong the CPU is this year compared to previous editions. Gone are the days of nailed on wins versus the CPU it seems, which is a great thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

My predictions
    1. Niners
    2. Seahawks
    3. ?
    4. Ravens
    5. Packers
    6. Broncos
    7. Falcons

Heli to pick the redskins
    Berty to pick buffalo

Panthers to go inside the top 16.

• Advertisement

Realistically, I'll prob take the best of what is left at pick 4!

What time does the draft start at? Midnight tonight? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

as Bane said in The Dark Knight Rises.

''Let the Games begin''

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Heli to take the Titans....thats my only prediction :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Has the draft started? :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

This is our confirmed order.
    Caroller, please pick from midday onwards and we can get this boat sailing!

Player Draft Pick
    Caroller 1
    mikemac1 2
    madalig1 3
    Padraic M 4
    Pudsy33 5
    guns4all 6
    Rock Lesnar 7
    giffney1991 8
    Helimachoptor 9
    LukeBray/gatsby 10
    daftdave 11
    Adrian522 12
    empacher 13
    PerrinV2 14
    Raoul 15
    Nelbert 16
    TheOneAdlum 17
    MikeyT086 18
    Berty44 19
    PaullyD 20
    Paddy31 21
    HowAreWe 22
    steytyrrell 23
    Gilberto 24

• Advertisement

right Carroler has started earlier than expected! mike you are up..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Only seen the midday onwards part! But then again my pick wasn't exactly the best kept secret

No worries, I have PM'd mike, however he will have until midnight

Nice pick mike, never beleived you were going browns!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Flacco throws a beautiful long bomb and Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones and Deonte Thompson can all fly

Bring your safeties up and you shall be punished ;)

I shall miss my Browns all the same, deserve to be top 25 IMO. Certainly not the worst roster, they have talent

Madalig pm'ed

Lads as it looks like it may get to my pick early, i just want ye to know i might not get to pick til after 6 when i get home, area im heading today does not have great coverage but if i get a hint of 3G there i'll make the pick.

Lads as it looks like it may get to my pick early, i just want ye to know i might not get to pick til after 6 when i get home, area im heading today does not have great coverage but if i get a hint of 3G there i'll make the pick.

are you using m.boards.ie?
    its much quicker to loads than the touch site

are you using m.boards.ie?
    its much quicker to loads than the touch site

using touch, i find it loads fairly quick, i think i should be able to post, im just letting ye know that if i dont, why i could'nt

mikemac1 wrote: »
    Flacco throws a beautiful long bomb and Torrey Smith, Jacoby Jones and Deonte Thompson can all fly

Bring your safeties up and you shall be punished ;)

I shall miss my Browns all the same, deserve to be top 25 IMO. Certainly not the worst roster, they have talent

Madalig pm'ed

Great pick Mike, paully got my hopes up when he said you might stick with the browns..dumbervile and Suggs off the edges are fantastic...

madalig wont be able to make his pick until later today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Didn't see the Ravens going that high.

guns4all wrote: »
    Didn't see the Ravens going that high.

i wasnt surprised, there is a lot to be said for playing with the team you have an interest in.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭Danger_dave1

Ravens were always going top 5 :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Yeah, I got them at 13 in the Pro but there are a lot of Ravens fans in this league.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Nice picks lads. The 49ers were a certainty to go at number one and I knew deep down that Mike wouldn't let his Ravens pass with the second pick.

My prediction is that Ali will go with a best quarterback policy and take the Packers at three.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

I was rethinking who I'd go with last night! Wanted an elite throwing QB like Rodgers or Flacco but just couldn't pass up the quality or W/Rs of 49ers and the fact kaep is such a good runner with gore I had to go with them.

And iv a great D!

All in all it was worth going through all them excruciating games in M13, I just hope I make it count and not lose every game this season :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Packers, seahawks, will be next to go i reckon

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Pudsy33 wrote: »

Any hint on where ur looking Puds?
    It would help me greatly ;-)

Who wouldnt want this guy hammering people?

spt0914packers.jpg

• Advertisement

Pudsy33 wrote: »

;)

Advertisement