Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Draft Chat Thread **Read the 1st Post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,786 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    ;)

Be my guest and pick someone else, I will happily take the Hawks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Padraic you are up after the Packers are chosen by Alig

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    Be my guest and pick someone else, I will happily take the Hawks!

Enjoy. Best put some glue on wilsons hands! Go easy on my niners yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Good pick Ali. The Packers finally have a running game this year as well so you will be able to run a balanced offense, plus Rodgers can move too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Behind that O line?

RIP Rodgers :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

The 12th man!
    Having had the Seahawks in the PFL iixx last year, loved using them, was glad today really to get Ravens/packers or hawks!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Pudsy is up

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Are we gonna start the league with pre existing injuries on or off, cant remember if it was decided already

Yes they will be off

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I've finally got my number one choice picked. I think they would be slightly unlikely to drop to my position, but it's certainly possible. Now to get my second and third choices lined up!

• Advertisement

And my pick is in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Pudsy33 wrote: »
    And my pick is in

Was gonna tell them just to give u Washington but thought maybe you might reconsider after a possible stroke

Was gonna tell them just to give u Washington but thought maybe you might reconsider after a possible stroke

Rugby wasn't THAT intense....

surprised to see the Pats go that high tbh, lets hope Brady doesnt retire :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Did not think the Patriots would go this early,interesting choice

My pick is in and it came down to the eternal question; Manning or Brady?

In the end my familiarity with the Pats playbook (I started using it in M13 about halfway thru the 2nd season), coupled with Gronk being available from the off, as well as knowing what Jones and Hightower were like on defence, made my decision for me.

Also this:

Am worried about that as well, so will be scouting all QBs and if it happens will be aggressively pursuing a QB in FA and trades in season 2!!

They have a great O-line and a very unrated D, plus i do like to trade!!:D

Is Mallet anyways decent in it?

Also the above vid was half the reason I picked the Broncos last season :pac:

Youll have Tebow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

I don't know what Mallet is like in Madden but Brock Osweiler is shocking, threw 4 picks against me in an All Pro CPU game

May not be your next starter when Manning retires. Up to the GM of course :)

• Advertisement

mikemac1 wrote: »
    I don't know what Mallet is like in Madden but Brock Osweiler is shocking, threw 4 picks against me in an All Pro CPU game

May not be your next starter when Manning retires. Up to the GM of course :)
    Brock Osweiler was decent for me in madden 13...but it never came to him having to start I guess

Tebow was cut so assuming the career roster update will sort that out before we start the league.
    Also played a game against the Pats and knocked Brady out, Mallet came in and did ok, will have to play a few offline games with him and test him out

Nope, we'll be starting with 75 man rosters prior to pre-season so the option is there to keep him

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Not a huge fan of the Pats to be honest. I got them at pick #22 on PFL, and have been using them a bit. Gronk is a pisstake, so good. Amendola too is decent but you'll need to try trade for a better #2 WR than Edelman imo. The RB situation is odd as both are quick and mobile but not much use in the ground game. The D is pretty solid though.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Not a huge fan of the Pats to be honest. I got them at pick #22 on PFL, and have been using them a bit. Gronk is a pisstake, so good. Amendola too is decent but you'll need to try trade for a better #2 WR than Edelman imo. The RB situation is odd as both are quick and mobile but not much use in the ground game. The D is pretty solid though.

Thought Ridley was good when i used him right, Vereen seems to be a good backup as well, and Blount for the goal-line runs.

Heli with the 75 man rosters will i have the newer rookies that were added after the last official update a few days ok? WR Thompson and TE Sudfeld?

guns4all wrote: »
    Thought Ridley was good when i used him right, Vereen seems to be a good backup as well, and Blount for the goal-line runs.

Heli with the 75 man rosters will i have the newer rookies that were added after the last official update a few days ok? WR Thompson and TE Sudfeld?

Yep you will, if start a new franchise (you will have to download a new roster update if you havent already) and it will have those guys in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

7 picks gone and Vikings, Broncos,eagles still on the board! Was sure rock would take eagles?!

Yep you will, if start a new franchise (you will have to download a new roster update if you havent already) and it will have those guys in it.

Was panicking that i was gonna be stuck with Don Jones and Jenkins instead of my fresh faced rooks!

guns4all wrote: »
    Was panicking that i was gonna be stuck with Don Jones and Jenkins instead of my fresh faced rooks!

Ill be honest one of the reasons im thinking about the Titans is Jackie Battle, hes a RB, hes not that quick but he catches, and he is a human wrecking ball !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    7 picks gone and Vikings, Broncos,eagles still on the board! Was sure rock would take eagles?!

I love the Eagles and Mike Vick but Not a chance with that defense, i was close to picking the Giants, played a couple of games with them and Wilson is a beast when he gets running and Nicks and Cruz are terrific to but after a game i played with Colts earlier, i stuck with them.

Advertisement