Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Draft Chat Thread **Read the 1st Post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

I still havent got the game, getting it tomorrow. Being too busy in work to get it. But I won't have much time to play it. At least my choice of team will be narrowed. How long per pick do we have?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

empacher wrote: »
    I still havent got the game, getting it tomorrow. Being too busy in work to get it. But I won't have much time to play it. At least my choice of team will be narrowed. How long per pick do we have?

12 hours from the time the person before you picks

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

AFC South is getting pretty full..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Picked the texans lads, think there is better teams available but just liked them nearing the end of M13 and now M25

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

AFC South is getting pretty full..

AFC South is where its at. You know that

• Advertisement

I'm trying to decide between 3 teams and quite torn to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Texans are beasts, but still can't believe who is left...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

I'm trying to decide between 3 teams and quite torn to be honest

Vikings/titans/broncos?

Giants/falcons/titans.

Lions And raiders were also considered

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Go for a change Heli, you can always pick the Titans next year.

• Advertisement

OMFG are the Broncos going to fall to me at 18 or what?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Titans gone......well there goes my no.1 pick

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Titans gone......well there goes my no.1 pick

I knew you were going to pick them if they were still there and I really thought Heli would go for someone different in this franchise. Chris Johnson is basically unstoppable, Mikey was spot on when he said he thought he was the best player in the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Luke will almost certainly take the Falcons next at #10. Brilliant team to get at that position, especially with Steven Jackson in the backfield this year. They're a top five team for me.

There's some cracking teams left.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I didn't expect to get them at all! But when I saw they were still available I couldn't resist

Ok dave is out if the country at the moment so I've txt him. He has til 7pm to get back to me his choice

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    I didn't expect to get them at all! But when I saw they were still available I couldn't resist
    falcons are great to play with- white is a top reciever..

Dave takes the giants, Adrian is up

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Interesting, very interesting, I'll be back at 22:20 this evening :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Saints,broncos,vikings,cowboys,eagles....so much choice...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Decision made, best young roster available, with plenty of cap room for improvement.

Denver and Tampa were the other teams considered.

Nice pick adrian

Empacher is on the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

The power of television. Adrian has been watching too many Hard Knocks.

Good pick though !

Resoning for overlooking the Broncos: Manning 37, Bailey 35; Jammer 34.

How many seasons will I get from these guys.

The Bengals are pretty young with no glaring holes. Dalton not elite but certainly very usable. AJ Green is class and they have 2 good Tight Ends.

On defense they are good and fast. This was crucial for me as I wanted a good defense as I think it will be very important.

They have a good secondary and the likes of Atkins and Harrison in the front 7. A great template to work with.

The division should be good too, I can see all the teams being human controlled. With the Broncos you could end up in a division on your own, or with 1 other player as I think the chargers and Raiders may not be taken.

So the AFC North in both my franchises this season.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Is Von Miller calling me home...

Tampa Bay is a good pickup for Empacher I think.

They have weaknesses for sure but good buliding blocks.

V-Jax, Doug Martin, Mike Williams should be good, their O-line is good and obviously Goldson and Revis should be excellent. The rest of the secondary is a bit suspect though, I'd be looking for a CB in FA if I took them. The trade of Eric Wright hurts them a little.

The Bengals were my #1 pick and are an excellent team. I've been using 2 teams in H2H Ranked games that I have grown really fond of (not saying who my #2 team are). Tampa Bay is a team I thought I would love, but have struggled with. I think I didn't like their playbooks, and while Revis and Goldson are gamechangers on D, there was something that felt off. Doug Martin is obviously a beast and Vincent Jackson is elite, but outside of that I'm not convinced on their options. For me anyway.

Just can't believe where the Broncos are. The supporting cast is absolutely 100% good enough to compensate for losing Manning and Bailey after season 1. Montee Ball is great craic and with XP will be a monster, the WR's are an absolute pisstake, the TE's can all catch and get open, the D is balanced and strong, not to mention the fact that with Trendon Holiday on kick returns you start every possesion in the opponents half. Sort out a trade for a backup you like or get a draft pick for a QB and whoever takes the Bronco's gets a top 3 team for season 1 after pick #14. Madness!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Perrin will have a fit of happiness when he arrives home to see the Broncos there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

I never factored the Broncos into my draft board. There's not a chance they'll fall to 17. A super squad of talent.

Still some interesting teams left.

Any one being cynical and choosing a soft division regardless of the team? It's certainly one strategy...

Advertisement