Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Draft Chat Thread **Read the 1st Post**

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

In a full 32 team draft I was involved in the Broncos went at #25, in another draft I know they went at #20.

So every chance.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

So perrin is going to take the Broncos, now who should I take? I am a Lions fan and I do think they are very good offensively but defensively I just don't think I could put up with the secondary.

Do I take the Bears? Do I reunite myself with the Saints (I would prefer a change)? Do I take AP?

I have only tried out two teams in this Madden so I really don't know. But it looks like I will be taking someone from NFC North.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭guns4all

Raoul wrote: »
    So perrin is going to take the Broncos, now who should I take? I am a Lions fan and I do think they are very good offensively but defensively I just don't think I could put up with the secondary.

Do I take the Bears? Do I reunite myself with the Saints (I would prefer a change)? Do I take AP?

I have only tried out two teams in this Madden so I really don't know. But it looks like I will be taking someone from NFC North.

The Lions are decent enough, Houston in the secondary is a ballhawk and the front 4 are probably the best in the league, however problems at LB (other than the beast Tulloch) and a porous O-line mean you might have trouble staying on your feet long enough to get the ball to Megatron or Bush.

adrian522 wrote: »
    Tampa Bay is a good pickup for Empacher I think.

They have weaknesses for sure but good buliding blocks.

V-Jax, Doug Martin, Mike Williams should be good, their O-line is good and obviously Goldson and Revis should be excellent. The rest of the secondary is a bit suspect though, I'd be looking for a CB in FA if I took them. The trade of Eric Wright hurts them a little.

Also a few holes at LB as well, Ogletree is a great slot receiver as well

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

guns4all wrote: »
    The Lions are decent enough, Houston in the secondary is a ballhawk and the front 4 are probably the best in the league, however problems at LB (other than the beast Tulloch) and a porous O-line mean you might have trouble staying on your feet long enough to get the ball to Megatron or Bush.

I quite like the look of the bears to be honest. The Vikings would be cool, but but very frustrating on defense. You will need to get sacks with Allen as otherwise the secondary will get picked apart.

You will drive people nuts with AP though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Chances are I am gonna end up in a 2 team CPU division with me and carroller fighting it out for top spot, I recommend the cardinals btw! Surely someone will pick Oakland?!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,731 ✭✭✭Raoul

I quite like the look of the bears to be honest. The Vikings would be cool, but but very frustrating on defense. You will need to get sacks with Allen as otherwise the secondary will get picked apart.

You will drive people nuts with AP though.

Yeah I am leaning towards the Bears to be honest. Cutler and Forte would be a good combo. I haven't played as the Bears in a long long time, does the D still create lots of fumbles?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I haven't played much with them but Peppers is a good pass rusher. You will still have a huge Urlacher shaped hole there though.

Certainly Tillman should be good.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Bucc's gone,I was gonna go with them if they fell.
    Would take the Vikes but I have them in another franchise......and the Broncos,well I didn't think they'd be here so I never really factored them in and as beastly as they are I don't think I'll go with them and I fancy a new team,decisions decisions...

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

PADRAIC.M wrote: »
    Chances are I am gonna end up in a 2 team CPU division with me and carroller fighting it out for top spot, I recommend the cardinals btw! Surely someone will pick Oakland?!

I think someone might pick up the Rams. I played a few games with them and they are definitely on my shortlist. Young team with a big scope to improve. Weapons on O and D and the Redskins' draft picks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Raoul wrote: »
    Yeah I am leaning towards the Bears to be honest. Cutler and Forte would be a good combo. I haven't played as the Bears in a long long time, does the D still create lots of fumbles?

I have them in the Shield

Pass rush is mighty! Better then Baltimores imo

I know i asked before but which roster will we be going with for the league?
    Is it going to be the pre season 75 man roster, or will it be the one after week one update?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

I haven't played much with them but Peppers is a good pass rusher. You will still have a huge Urlacher shaped hole there though.

Certainly Tillman should be good.

Briggs is a monster and a fumble machine.
    Paully D wrote: »
    I think someone might pick up the Rams. I played a few games with them and they are definitely on my shortlist. Young team with a big scope to improve. Weapons on O and D and the Redskins' draft picks.

You pick the Rams you have your players broken by 2 games against the 49ers and Seahawks each year.
    I know i asked before but which roster will we be going with for the league?
    Is it going to be the pre season 75 man roster, or will it be the one after week one update?

I think it's the 75 man roster because we have to do cuts.
    PerrinV2 wrote: »
    Bucc's gone,I was gonna go with them if they fell.
    Would take the Vikes but I have them in another franchise......and the Broncos,well I didn't think they'd be here so I never really factored them in and as beastly as they are I don't think I'll go with them and I fancy a new team,decisions decisions...

Whatever you do, hurry the feck up and pick! :pac:

Mikeyt086 wrote: »

I'm weighing whether to take the Bills or not but I'm not taking the Bears,Vikes,Saints....or Broncos

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

I played with the Bears earlier for a bit and it was a mistake. The good kind I suppose, I'm starting to wish I took them! Bostic is a beast and Forte is great to run the ball with.

Plus, a change from the Falcons would have been good.

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Briggs is a monster and a fumble machine.

You pick the Rams you have your players broken by 2 games against the 49ers and Seahawks each year.

I think it's the 75 man roster because we have to do cuts.

If it is the 75 man roster why were we waiting till after the week 1 update to start the league?

Also will still have to do cuts with the updated rosters.
    Its just with the preseason rosters the Patriots dont have TE Sudfeld and WR Thompson and the stats for the rookie WR arent that great, and i will be lumped with crap like M Jenkins, D Jones and D Fells that will get cut anyway but may cost more in cap room.

Most of us had been playing H2H and the Cup comp with the updated rosters as well, and to have to go back to pre season versions would make a difference to the way we play.

But thats just my take on it

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Bears for Raoul, Nelbert is on the clock

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Broncos have fallen so far...

Broncos have fallen so far...

I think Nelbert takes them here.

Whats funny is the amount of people commenting on how far they have fallen but not taking them:D

• Advertisement

Whats funny is the amount of people commenting on how far they have fallen but not taking them:D
    Shure no1 wants to come in and face the mighty Chiefs :pac:

Just studying some cap etc, and the Raiders have unbelievable money to use next year. I couldn't see myself taking them, but they'd be a great prospect for someone who likes the prospect of rebuilding.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

They have a lot of FAs paully but the LT and HB will want big money to resign if imagine

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Nelbert

Paully D wrote: »
    I think Nelbert takes them here.

The Pondernator was too hard to resist......

I want to run the ball and couldn't believe the Vikings were still available. Develop Ponder and some WR and CB pickups will have me in good shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

What do you guys know that I don't? I'm happy with the Broncos and an irresistible passing game. Hopefully should get a nice week 1 bump after smashing the Ravens yesterday.

The chance to get Peyton another ring begins. Maybe if I deliberately don't get to the playoffs he'll stay an extra year.

Osweiler has a year of xp hunting ahead of him though...That oline and receiving core could even make Tebow look good....Now there's an idea. Who has the Pats? :)

Look for LaVon Miller to bust a few QBs on the readoption spy too.

I wonder if Mikey will take the Jags at 18

Mikey is up..please god damn don't pick the jags!

Fearing some competition in the AFC South? ;)

There's 3 of us already! That's more than enough!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

There's 3 of us already! That's more than enough!

Yeah agreed we need at least one CPU team down south.

Advertisement