Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Official Draft Chat Thread **Read the 1st Post**

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Mikey goes for the Boys

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

What do you guys know that I don't? I'm happy with the Broncos and an irresistible passing game. Hopefully should get a nice week 1 bump after smashing the Ravens yesterday.

The chance to get Peyton another ring begins. Maybe if I deliberately don't get to the playoffs he'll stay an extra year.

Osweiler has a year of xp hunting ahead of him though...That oline and receiving core could even make Tebow look good....Now there's an idea. Who has the Pats? :)

Look for LaVon Miller to bust a few QBs on the readoption spy too.

I think it's insane that they fell to you and I am gutted they fell just 1 short of me, I would have wreaked havoc with the Broncos, I imagine you will too.
    mikemac1 wrote: »
    I wonder if Mikey will take the Jags at 18

I would actually love too. I like the rebuild-ability and the division looks really tasty aswell as good craic for 6 games a year.
    Mikey is up..please god damn don't pick the jags!

I'd nearly do it just to see your reaction... But I can't :pac:

...That said... YEE HAW!! The Cowboys are a team I can compete with right away. They have been slept on, Romo is elite calibre this Madden, De Marco Murray is a monster, the WRs are beasts, beware DWare on D, the linbackers are crazy good, good CB's. Holes at Saftey and a tight cap are the only issues but I am delighted to take the Cowboys who have been my favourite team to play with so far. Looking forward to good craic with Pudsy in the division, although we could get stung if another big player decides to come and play :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭HowAreWe

Nooooo my vikes are gone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mikey goes for the Boys

One of the teams I was seriously considering and if they had been left for me I would have had a tough call to make. Their cap is a nightmare but the only real weakness I could find in the team was at the safety positions. Very underrated team.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah, and to be honest Witten/Romo/Bryant that is a pretty top level passing game

• Advertisement

Yeah, and to be honest Witten/Romo/Bryant that is a pretty top level passing game

Add Miles Austin to that and DeMarco Murray's run game and I couldn't look anywhere else.

Although this was my draft board:

ORku0LJ.jpg?1

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

Ha, Cowboys were my number2! Strong team.

Ultimately though I just wanted a team that reflected my love of westerns.

But not the Chiefs. That **** is racist and I look forward to our divisional games. :)

The chance to get Peyton another ring begins. Maybe if I deliberately don't get to the playoffs he'll stay an extra year.

Just save up XP to buy the retirement package for him and you will be fine. In any case I think you'd get 3 years out for him before he would go.

Paully D wrote: »
    Just save up XP to buy the retirement package for him and you will be fine. In any case I think you'd get 3 years out for him before he would go.

Just simmed a few seasons and that's exactly what I'll be doing.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Hopefully should get a nice week 1 bump after smashing the Ravens yesterday.

**** sake, I made it until now without seeing anything about the game. not much point in watching now.

• Advertisement

adrian522 wrote: »
    **** sake, I made it until now without seeing anything about the game. not much point in watching now.

Whoa! Ok then. I couldn't have known.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Whoa! Ok then. I couldn't have known.

Yeah, I know, no worries on your part whatsoever...

Yeah, I know, no worries on your part whatsoever...

I am sorry anyway for what it's worth. :)

I am sorry anyway for what it's worth. :)

No worries at all, I blame the ireland football team for being on tv meaning I'm not watching nfl till later :D

Irish soccer is a soft target...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,186 ✭✭✭PADRAIC.M

Betty took one for the team.... But the question is who will start?
    Geno or Sanchez?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Brady Quinn!

It doesnt matter that Paully is probably a red freckled farmer from Leitrim, but when i see him i cant not think of anything else but this guy
    dj-pauly-d-mtv-video-music-awards-01.jpg

Yeaaaaaah buddy! Youre up!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

Geno !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Was sure Berty would take the Bills.....Berty's Bills would have sounded great!

• Advertisement

That Is a good pick paully

With all these guys with all these new teams! Can't wait to kick off my superbowl dynasty :p

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 6,332 Mod ✭✭✭✭PerrinV2

Mikeyt086 wrote: »
    Add Miles Austin to that and DeMarco Murray's run game and I couldn't look anywhere else.

Although this was my draft board:

ORku0LJ.jpg?1
    Speaking of draft boards,I kinda had one,I actually thought I'd get my no.1 pick though so the rest weren't fully decided

1.Titans(Thought there was a chance Heli mightn't pick them)
    2.Bengals/Bucs/Giants (if any of them fell which I thought they might with the Broncos there)
    3.Cowboys/Chiefs
    4.Dolphins/Bills
    Ha, Cowboys were my number2! Strong team.

Ultimately though I just wanted a team that reflected my love of westerns.

But not the Chiefs. That **** is racist and I look forward to our divisional games. smile.png
    Oh its on!!

Saints for me. I had the Cowboys and Saints earmarked as two teams that may fall to me that I had enjoyed playing with at the top of my board so I'm more than happy with this pick.

With a tight cap (to say the least) and a poor defense, they don't come without their problems, but at #20 you're never going to get a perfect team and for me they have an offense which compensates for their problems. I've looked at their cap and it seems that a few cuts to dispensable players should make things more manageable. Upon inspection it doesn't seem to be as bad as it first looks.

An elite QB with top receiving options in Colston, Moore and Graham and a very capable supporting cast that can do different things at running back with Sproles, Thomas and Ingram is mouthwatering for me. As I said the D is poor and work is certainly needed there, but the corners were a little higher rated than I felt they should be and Vaccaro at SS is already rated at 80 and will progress a lot so that's a bonus.

I had some great, close games with Empacher in the NFC East in Madden 12 so I'm looking forward to locking horns with him again, this time in the NFC South and playing someone that I have only played once (I think) in Gatsby. I'm sure we'll have plenty of shootouts lads!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Love to see how the groups are panning out, also just realised that by picking the Packers I've my beloved Niners to play in my first game...Rodgers will be squished, wonder who my back-up is?

Would someone mind pn'ing paddy to let him know he's on the clock?

I did just after I made my pick. :)

Pn'ing sounds painful... :D

madalig12 wrote: »
    Love to see how the groups are panning out, also just realised that by picking the Packers I've my beloved Niners to play in my first game...Rodgers will be squished, wonder who my back-up is?

Packers back up is Harrell, is actually similar to Rodgers! (He had to come on for Rodgers every game I tried with them! :p )

• Advertisement

You should make an effort to see what happened last night.

I was a bit nervous that Berty fancied the Eagles and would cap a tough division, but I thought he would always go Jets for the project. Paully taking the sensible option and the Saints, the D is week but if you pump XP in Kenny Vaccaro at Safety he has all the tools to be class.

Will be interesting to see if the Eagles are picked or CPU. And surely someone will fancy the Bills?

Advertisement