Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Non-payment of quarterly fees?

Options
  • 03-09-2013 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Is it ok to just decide not to pay banking fees? Or say, not transfer money into a mortgage account? Will I be still liable? Can I just say sorry and pay later on it the year with no penalty?

The reason I ask, Bank of Ireland, is my online current account has been unable to transfer money to other accounts for the previous 4 days. I emailed BOI via their internal email service. Awaiting their reply. Since writing the email, I've come across another posters query regarding the same problem.

It is so unfair how banks can just say, 'Due to a technical problem, we can't provide you with X,Y,Z'. Sorry'. All at our expense. When it's the other way round and banks are seeking payment anything other than full payment on-time is frowned upon.

Come on Bank of Ireland. An explanation on your home page wouldn't go astray.

When can I and your other affected customers expect the website fully operational.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 719 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Linda

Hi,

As you seem to not have got through to anyone in Banking 365, if you would like to send us a PM with your full name, contact number and branch, we will organise someone to call you to see if they can facilitate the transfer for you.

Thanks
    Linda

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭kavanada

Hi Linda,

Thank you for getting back. I first wrote to BOI 24 hrs ago so I am willing to give the responder the 48 hrs they say they may need to get back.

I mean this in the nicest possible way.....I would prefer to be able to transfer the money myself. That is what I signed up to. I'd rather the problem was fixed, Linda.

In your post, you did not mention if my problem is a known one. Have your IT section told you what the problem is? Did you contact them before replying to my post? Am I, as a customer, allowed to find out the problem or is it too embarrassing for BOI?

I never liked writing long explanatory letters to big institutions detailing problems and grievances with their service. I normally just leave. I am so angry with BOI.

Like I said, can I refuse to pay the quarterly fees demanded of me? I think BOI would not appreciate that.

Please, Linda, just have BOI fix the problem.

Regards.

Hi kavanada,

We cannot comment on your particular issue as we would need a representative to be on the phone talking you through your particular situation being experienced. 

If you wish to receive a call at your convenience,  please pm us the details above and I will organise it.

Thanks
    Linda

Hi Linda,

I tried pm'ing you there. It says you don't accept pm's?

David.

There should be a link under my name to pm us rather then the normal way. Please let me know if you are still having issues.

Thanks
    Linda

• Advertisement

I've sent a pm to 'Bank of Ireland reps'.

Regards,

David.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Sean

kavanada wrote: »
    I've sent a pm to 'Bank of Ireland reps'.

Regards,

David.
    Hi David,

Thanks for that.  We'll pass your details on to Banking 365 and arrange a call back.

Regards,

Sean

Thank you.

Advertisement