Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taser attack?

Options
  • 03-09-2013 1:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Anyone hear about the alleged taser used by the cops versus a teenager out at Maxol on Dunmore Road last week?

(i believe it isn't a mad up story, he was resisting arrest or something)

Shocking, excuse the pun :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 175 ✭✭tosspot15

Probably the regional support unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Misleading title. If it happened, it wasn't an attack, it was defence/required. And if the RSU had to use it (they're the only ones with them in this region!) then you can guarantee they had a very good reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Dicky Pride

Spankmemunkey I can't believe you're starting anoth....oh wait...sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,879 ✭✭✭BBM77

mozattack wrote: »
    Anyone hear about the alleged taser used by the cops versus a teenager out at Maxol on Dunmore Road last week?

(i believe it isn't a mad up story, he was resisting arrest or something)

Shocking, excuse the pun :)

Yes I drove passed that area at the time and I saw this person being restrained, I didn’t see the tasering if it happened. I hate this cop versus teenager taser attack ****e though. As has been said the Guards were probably put in a dangerous position and were left with no other choice. There are way too many excuses made for the bad behaviour certain sections of society.

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Love Chinese whispers !!!
    There was an incident at the garage, real version of events.....
    Two drunken teens nick a box of miller from the garage and legged it, they were outside jeering the staff and assaulted a couple of young lads a while later.
    Cops were called and they atacked one of the guards which led to them being peppered sprayed and arrested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭longshanks

It's wicked rough out that way. More tasers is the only answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭gowley

Nypd wrote: »
    Two drunken teens nick a box of miller from the garage and legged it, they were outside jeering the staff and assaulted a couple of young lads a while later.
    Cops were called and they atacked one of the guards which led to them being peppered sprayed and arrested.

chinese whisper more dramatic

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,481 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Nypd wrote: »

Good job by the gardai,
    Hope the pepper spray had the teenagers in a lot of pain!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,953 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Cabaal wrote: »
    Hope the pepper spray had the teenagers in a lot of pain!

Anyone who's got a dart of it will tell you, hurts like a muddafukka!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Pepper spray, ah... big difference and a lot less of a story :(

As long as they don't rob those snowballs, 6 for a €1, that is a taser offence

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭TheVandal

If it happened, that's pretty bad. On a side note- why is resisting arrest an offence? It's human nature to want to distance yourself from perceived Danger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭tankbarry

taser isn't enough if the person involved was acting the bollix

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

TheVandal wrote: »
    If it happened, that's pretty bad. On a side note- why is resisting arrest an offence? It's human nature to want to distance yourself from perceived Danger.

Yeah a Vandal would say that.

haha It's an old username from when I used to DJ (badly).

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

TheVandal wrote: »
    haha It's an old username from when I used to DJ (badly).

Acho so. Well then when you were DJ'ing, let's say a guard came to you and said: "That last set of yours was positively shocking, and you're under arrest for crime against good taste, in accordance with Article xyz ".

Would you have:
    a. started lashing at the guard, kicking and shouting abuse
    b. complied with the order given and then contacted a lawyer or whatever

You cant have every Anto, Johner and Jemimah start fighting guards because they have a different interpretation of the law.

EDIT: Unless they're Freedom fighters. In which case it's totally cool.

Oink wrote: »
    Acho so. Well then when you were DJ'ing, let's say a guard came to you and said: "That last set of yours was positively shocking, and you're under arrest for crime against good taste, in accordance with Article xyz ".

Would you have:
    a. started lashing at the guard, kicking and shouting abuse
    b. complied with the order given and then contacted a lawyer or whatever

You cant have every Anto, Johner and Jemimah start fighting guards because they have a different interpretation of the law.

EDIT: Unless they're Freedom fighters. In which case it's totally cool.

hahaha this. I suppose you're right. I'm definitely not cool enough to be a freedom fighter, that's for sure.

Advertisement