Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese

Options
  • 03-09-2013 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭

A belt of a left of field question but would any one know of any Chinese (Mandarin) classes in the city

or nearby Carlow/Waterford etc

I have audio sets but I need a live person until I get the 4 tones etc down pat .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Talent for languages on the parade near design center run chinese classes, should be starting a new class soon

eta: just checked there starting tomorrow night,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

RubyGlee wrote: »
    Talent for languages on the parade near design center run chinese classes, should be starting a new class soon

eta: just checked there starting tomorrow night,

Thanks for that ..

Have to say 1st class a bit of a disappointment. the hand outs were all over the place ..e.g. every 2nd page upside down. And it's a bit worrying when you struggle more to understand the english rather than the mandarin. An audio file received also had so much background noise (not sure how it's a difficult task with today's tech) but early days I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭RubyGlee

Thats very disappointing to hear as my daughter is starting a class there soon. hopefully it will be better.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

the 2nd class was better, in that the class dynamic was better
    the material for the class was one a4 page printed on both sides

4 phrases .

It is not the easiest subject to teach , but even a small list of words to give a vocabulary so we could start constructing sentences

I'm only there to practice the 4 toners so I guess its ok, but an expressive way to learn tones

Advertisement