Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New King of Fighters... is a MOBA?!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

SF5:MOBA warriors

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

The less said the better, hopefully SNKP are just scumming money together to make another real game.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Bento Sento

They talked about this on live on three the other day. They seemed optimistic saying that it might be the thing that bridges the MOBA and FG community. I will give it a stab if Leona is in it, not really a MOBA fan though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

I'm intrigued. It could be a really cool once off kinda game. Mortal Kombat strayed from the path years ago with Shaolin Monks. It was a like a 3D Streets Of Rage based in the MK universe and it was fantastic. Probably the best Kombat title of the PS2 era, and one of my all time favourites. However, it was just a little bit of fun on the side, never aiming to replace the 1v1 fighter aspect of the series overall. Perhaps, this is the same. Ya know, just a bit of KoF craic in between the real games.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

KOF now belongs to China.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

Why would anyone care if it's a bridge with the "Moba community" ?

Anyway it's not the first time KoF has done this. Remember Kof SkyStage

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Scavenger XIII

Why would anyone care if it's a bridge with the "Moba community" ?

We may need to burn it. :pac:

I do remember SkyStage and although it didn't exactly make much sense it didn't seem quite as... forced as this.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

Yeah, I don't see the reason in reaching out to the largest competitive gaming community in the world that has seem prize pots over a million before...

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Eli Nich

They surely enhanced the graphics over the years but lacked the edge KOF 98 had

Yeah, I don't see the reason in reaching out to the largest competitive gaming community in the world that has seem prize pots over a million before...
    They're still different communities & different games.

This just feels like a lazy cash-grab.

• Advertisement

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    They're still different communities & different games.

This just feels like a lazy cash-grab.

So you can't see the benefit in some of that money being funnelled into an FG related franchise?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

From SNK's perspective or the FGC?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

So you can't see the benefit in some of that money being funnelled into an FG related franchise?
    This is my thoughts exactly. It's basically free money to put into other projects.

And besides, half the people on this forum are lying to themselves if they say that they wouldn't be chomping at the bit to play an SF MOBA had it been announced first.

From SNK's perspective or the FGC?

Both. I'm a Transformers fan and I despise the Bay films. However, they led to a renaissance in Transformers toys (many lesser known characters got their first toys in years) and media (Animated, Prime) directly from the money that the movies brought in. I don't see the difference here.
    Sairus wrote: »
    This is my thoughts exactly. It's basically free money to put into other projects.

And besides, half the people on this forum are lying to themselves if they say that they wouldn't be chomping at the bit to play an SF MOBA had it been announced first.

Yup!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

Given a choice between this and, I don't know, another sequel to that game where:
    The player assumes the role of a junior high school student who is asked by an angel to locate a witch that has sneaked into her school. In order to find the witch, she must search the suspects' bodies for a "witch mark." The preferred method is by using touch (using the stylus to guide her hands).
    (yes, this actually sold well, and was at least partly responsible for funding the development of KOF XII and XIII)

I'll take this every time.

For publishers/developers, sure.

I read your comment as "FGC should try to incorporate MOBA players/mentality" and tbh a genre based on silently milking its players, and changing fundamental gameplay aspects every other week on a whim doesn't feel right.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    and changing fundamental gameplay aspects every other week on a whim doesn't feel right.

You've clearly not played Mortal Kombat, Iinjustice or Skullgirls :pac:

Sairus wrote: »
    You've clearly not played Mortal Kombat, Iinjustice or Skullgirls :pac:
    There's a reason for that... :pac:

Advertisement