Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem installing Windows 7 - "A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing"

Options
  • 03-09-2013 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭

Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-4570 Box, LGA1150|€175.94
    ASRock B85M, Sockel 1150, mATX|€58.68
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-12800U CL11-11-11-28|€61.94
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€56.12
    Samsung SH-224BB bare schwarz|€17.18
    Cooler Master N200, mATX-mini-Tower, schwarz, ohne Netzteil|€33.56
    Special item: LG 22EA53VQ-P|€119.53
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€45.97
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€587.91

Recently I assembled a new build and I've been trying to install Windows 7 onto the machine but I'm having some problems. I downloaded a Windows 7 Professional .iso file from digital river and burnt the .iso onto a dvd with Imgburn. After I click 'Install now' on the Windows welcome screen, An error message comes up saying:

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now."

I inserted the disk that came with my motherboard and another error message comes up saying:

"The [Intel(R) 8 series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (D:\AMD64\Intel_Win8-64_Win7-64(v12.5.0.1066)\iaAHCI.inf)] device driver could not be installed. contact your vendor for an updated driver." I read somewhere that copying the drivers from the dvd to a usb and using the usb might fix the error, but another error comes up saying "No new devices could be found."

When I googled the error messages, some people suggested to download updated drivers, but I tried looking on the Asrock website and wasn't sure which drivers to download.
    I also tried creating a bootable usb with Windows 7 on it, but the very same error messages came up.
    I'm at my wits end trying to solve this problem, and I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me any possible solutions.

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Gear9992 wrote: »
    Item|Price
    Intel Core i5-4570 Box, LGA1150|€175.94
    ASRock B85M, Sockel 1150, mATX|€58.68
    8GB-Kit G.Skill PC3-12800U CL11-11-11-28|€61.94
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB 6Gb's|€56.12
    Samsung SH-224BB bare schwarz|€17.18
    Cooler Master N200, mATX-mini-Tower, schwarz, ohne Netzteil|€33.56
    Special item: LG 22EA53VQ-P|€119.53
    Super-Flower Amazon 80Plus 450W|€45.97
    Shipping|€18.99
    Total|€587.91

Recently I assembled a new build and I've been trying to install Windows 7 onto the machine but I'm having some problems. I downloaded a Windows 7 Professional .iso file from digital river and burnt the .iso onto a dvd with Imgburn. After I click 'Install now' on the Windows welcome screen, An error message comes up saying:

"A required CD/DVD drive device driver is missing. If you have a driver floppy disk, CD, DVD, or USB flash drive, please insert it now."

I inserted the disk that came with my motherboard and another error message comes up saying:

"The [Intel(R) 8 series/C220 Chipset Family SATA AHCI Controller (D:\AMD64\Intel_Win8-64_Win7-64(v12.5.0.1066)\iaAHCI.inf)] device driver could not be installed. contact your vendor for an updated driver." I read somewhere that copying the drivers from the dvd to a usb and using the usb might fix the error, but another error comes up saying "No new devices could be found."

When I googled the error messages, some people suggested to download updated drivers, but I tried looking on the Asrock website and wasn't sure which drivers to download.
    I also tried creating a bootable usb with Windows 7 on it, but the very same error messages came up.
    I'm at my wits end trying to solve this problem, and I would be very grateful if anyone can tell me any possible solutions.

Make sure RAID is turned off in the bios, also change the SATA mode value in the bios and see if it helps (AHCI->IDE/Legacy etc.). It could also be a bad burn and the installer is failing to load internal drivers, but do try the bios config first :)

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭Gear9992

I downloaded a different Windows 7 .iso and burnt it to the disk and everything seems to be working now! I think a bad burn or a bad .iso file was the problem. Thanks a lot for your help!

Advertisement