Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving out of Ireland. How and when can I get my deposit back ?

Options
  • 03-09-2013 3:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello,

I've been a Electric Ireland customer for about 6 months. I paid the 300 E deposit when I received my first bill. However in a couple of weeks I will permanently move out of Ireland.

I would like my final bill to be taken out of that deposit (should be around 100E). Is there any way to do that ? Also, how and when can I get the rest of the deposit back ? Do I have to wait those 14 months ?

Many thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

Hi Cosmin33,

Yes, when you close your account with Electric Ireland, your bill will automatically be taken out of your deposit, and any credit will be refunded to you in the form of a cheque.

For closing your account: on the day you leave your address (no earlier) take a meter reading and contact us with it and the name/telephone number of whomever will be taking over responsibility for power supply to that address (e.g. landlord/lady, letting agency, new tenant). We will then close your account and organise your refund for you.

You will not have to wait the 14 months for the refund; it will be arranged for you immediately.

Regards,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cosmin33

Thank you for the quick reply. I'll contact you on this forum the day I leave.

Cheers,
    Cosmin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭EI: Una

No problem Cosmin.

And if you could confirm your Electric Ireland account number, name/address in full, and either your date of birth or the contact telephone number on your account, we will be able to proceed with your account closure immediately.

All the best,
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Cosmin33

That's perfect. I'll have those ready.

Thanks again,
    Cosmin

Advertisement