Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blanchardstown to Sallins journey,help

Options
  • 03-09-2013 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cringer viewpost.gif
    Evening all,

Curious to know if anyone has experience in travelling from Sallins to Blanchardstown in the morning and what the traffic is like and duration of journey, travelling by car.

Thanks

I have the same question travelling from Blanchardstown to Sallins by car or bus , how long does it take ? anyone doing this journey every day?

Thank you .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭dickwod1

spring21 wrote: »
    Quote:

Curious to know if anyone has experience in travelling from Sallins to Blanchardstown in the morning and what the traffic is like and duration of journey, travelling by car.

I have the same question travelling from Blanchardstown to Sallins by car or bus , how long does it take ? anyone doing this journey every day?

Thank you .

Your looking at two options for the car

1. Toll way ... Going onto the M50 at Blanchardstown and taking junction 9 N7 exit and then travel along the Nass road N7 till junction 9 the exit at the Ball at Nass with the road markings on it then going on to Sallins ... Time 45 mins ish

2. Non toll ... Go to Lucan, Go up the hill at the side of the Garda station towards Superquinn/Adamstown - over the Canal and train tracks towards Peamount hospital/Newcastle and onto the Nass road N7 at Rathcoole same exit 9 at Nass and onto Sallins ... Time 1 hour ish from Lucan

(If 2. route is at rush hour it may be a little longer)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Wendowlene

I've been working in Naas for the past two years - close to the big Tescos so just over the bridge from Sallins.

Unless it's school holidays, I always take the M50 and go down the N7 as far as the Naas North exit (number 9). Leaving between 8.15 and 8.30 the journey normally takes me around 45 mins. Trying to get down the hill at Laraghcon & accross the bridge in Lucan is a nightmare in the mornings plus you'll run into more school traffic in both Clane & Sallins itself :(

That said, I usually go home via Sallins, Clane & Lucan and it takes about 45 mins leaving Naas between 5.30 & 6.00.

Hope this helps -personally I find it quicker to drive to Naas than it was to drive to my old job in the city centre!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Slick50

Another possible option, depending on what part of blanch you are travelling from, would be to head out the navan road and take the dunboyne bypass to maynooth, then head on to naas from there. This will bring you into sallins, I'd say in about 45mins too. You wouldn't be coming across any real traffic that way either.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭spring21

Thank you for the great advice!

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Awesome-O

Back roads from Ongar to Lexlip and then onto the M4 as far as Maynooth exit is much less traffic then passing through Lucan or Maynooth, from Ongar it's about 40 minutes depending on time of day but really you are going against the traffic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Beer Assistant

Blanch Dunboyne Maynooth Rathcoffey Clane Sallins

Advertisement