Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flying Dub to NY via London

Options
  • 03-09-2013 4:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

Sorry if I'm in the wrong forum but feel free to move me!

I'm flying to NY in 2 weeks and am flying dub-lon-ny for the first time (normally dub to NY). Can anyone tell me if I still need to be in the airport 3 hours before the flight as we are connecting in London? I have been told that we will be clearing immigration in the US.

Also we arrive in Heathrow at 15.55 and depart for NY at 18.00, I assume that is enough time to get from one terminal to the other!

If anyone has experience with this it would be a great help!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

No - the dublin-heathrow will be treated as a european flight...2 hours is fine .You'll be doing immigration in NY as immigration in Dublin is only for flights that fly direct to the US.

That timeline is fine, you'll be bussed directly from the flight to T5 to connect to the Transatlantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Nelly 21

No - the dublin-heathrow will be treated as a european flight...2 hours is fine .You'll be doing immigration in NY as immigration in Dublin is only for flights that fly direct to the US.

That timeline is fine, you'll be bussed directly from the flight to T5 to connect to the Transatlantic.

Brilliant, so an extra hour for me that morning!!! Thanks for your help!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,166 ✭✭✭enda1

You only need to be in Dublin airport about an hour before your flight at the most at that time of day. Save yourself 2 hours in fact!

enda1 wrote: »
    You only need to be in Dublin airport about an hour before your flight at the most at that time of day. Save yourself 2 hours in fact!

Even better Enda1, thanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Nelly 21 wrote: »
    Even better Enda1, thanks!!!

This only works if you pay for airport Genie. Security is a joke and queues can be lengthy. Without airport Genie I'd plan to be there two hours before flight time

• Advertisement

athtrasna wrote: »
    This only works if you pay for airport Genie. Security is a joke and queues can be lengthy. Without airport Genie I'd plan to be there two hours before flight time

I never hear of Airport Genie! Ah I don't mind being there 2 hours beforehand, we can have something to eat before we fly! Thanks!

Hi can anyone tell me if I am flying to NY via London what terminal do I go to in Dublin airport. I've looked it up online and it won't say what terminal we are flying from
    Any help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

aerlingus fly terminal 2 - ryanair fly terminal 1 (for the Dub-London leg of your journey) .... im guessing you are with Aerlingus

• Registered Users Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭afatbollix

The only flights that go to LHR are Aerlingus and BA.

Aerlingus fly from T2 to T1 in London
    BA fly from T1 to T1 in London.

Depending on what airline you are flying to the states you might have to go any of the other terminals.

BA fly from T5
    Virgin fly from T3
    AA & united fly from T1

Make sure you know where you have to go as they wont hold your hand in London, or wait for you. It can take a hour or two to get form one side of T1 to the gates at T5 pier C.

Thanks a million. We.re flying with aer lingus into Heathrow and then united into Newark. That's brilliant info. When I checked with airline it wouldn't tell me the terminal. Thanks again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Corkbah

oh an .... enjoy NY ... can get a bit cold at this time of year but the colours in central park will be amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,015 ✭✭✭✭cena

Corkbah wrote: »
    oh an .... enjoy NY ... can get a bit cold at this time of year but the colours in central park will be amazing.

Million times agree

Advertisement