Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ex Employer Not Paying Full Wages

• 03-09-2013 4:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

I'm in a bit of a situation here.
    Worked for Cost Plus Sofas, never got my wages.
    Got a payslip with the amount of wages I was owed, so that I could claim it from them.

They're deducting me of 11 days of wages.
    I worked for them in the Tullamore store. When it closed down, I was told i needed to work in the Long Mile Road shop. I couldn't travel from Offaly to Dublin by train everyday for work because I was struggling financially and needed to go looking for a new house where rent allowance would be accepted.

On top of that, as far as I was aware, I legally wasn't obliged to work in the Dublin store because I was still available to work in the store where I was contracted.

Is there a way I can get these wages back? Considering the company have gone bust.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you were owed unpaid wages then I think that makes you a preferred creditor, you'll need to contact the administrators.....

http://www.costplussofas.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Gee Bag

Might be worth your while getting in touch with FLAC

http://www.flac.ie/gethelp/legaladvicecentres/bycounty/offaly/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

On your wageslip, was this the company that was listed as your employer?
    Type Company
    Number 372238
    Name COST PLUS SOFAS (IRELAND) LIMITED
    Address UNIT 6 CLONMORE BUSINESS PARK MULLINGAR CO. WESTMEATH
    Registered 13/06/2003
    Status Dissolved
    Effective Date 23/05/2008

Last AR Date 13/12/2005
    Next AR Date 13/12/2006
    Last Accounts to Date 13/06/2005

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,501 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

On your wageslip, was this the company that was listed as your employer?

Highly unlikely since as your research shows the company was dissolved as far back as 2008.

I suspect this is who he was working for...

Revolution Galleries Limited T/A Cost Plus Sofas & Beds Etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Shane-KornSpace

My wage slip lists Revo. galleries, since that's their parent company.

I never actually received any of my 7 weeks owed wages. The slip they gave me was purely for reference for applying to claim my wages via the administrators.
    But the slip says I was absent 11 days. Those 11 days were actually the time my store was closed and they wanted me to work in Dublin.
    The money that's on my wage slip is even on my P45, despite not yet getting it.

I must also say, On day 12, I began working in the Portlaoise store. The accountant ( middle-man) told me his notes regarding my apparent absence say "garden leave". A joke at my expense from a CPS higher-up.

They don't want to pay me the time I was available to work in my contracted store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

You could check the details of the relevant company on www.cro.ie.

You might make certain whether your employer is Revolution Galleries Ltd. (as there is another company called Revolution Galleries (Ireland) Ltd., which is noted as being dissolved since 2011).
    Type Company (External)
    Parent Country UNITED KINGDOM

Number 904813
    Name REVOLUTION GALLERIES LTD
    Address UNIT 6 CLONMORE BUSINESS PARK MULLINGAR CO. WESTMEATH
    Registered 02/07/2002
    Status Administration (UK)

Effective Date 26/08/2013

You could consider making a complaint to the Rights Commissioner Service concerning a Payment of Wages Act claim. Here is a link to the single complaint form and guidance notes.

Did you get your P.45? That should have various details that you will need.

Did you ever receive a written contract?

Thinking about this again, if you are owed seven weeks wages, you would probably be better off handing it over to a solicitor and let him worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭Cody Pomeray

If the company has been/ is being formally wound up, you can still claim wages under the social insurance scheme.

http://www.welfare.ie/en/Pages/Employee-Guide-to-the-Insolvency-Payments-Scheme.aspx

Advertisement