Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lapsed Recall

• 03-09-2013 4:49pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭

Hey, just looking for a bit of advice.
    My lurcher lady has taken to wandering off across the road (quiet carpark actually) to a particular spot by bushes, think there is a cat she is after. Now once I catch her there she waits and comes back with me.
    She doesn't do it all the time but when she does she will look back and then saunter off so I can't catch her.
    I don't want to shout at her etc so was just wondering if anyone has any tips on getting her to come back to me.
    Her recall is generally grand when out and about and she comes back to the whistle as well if we are in the field.
    She's only started doing this recently and I'm at a bit of a loss about how to nip it in the bud.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd take her out with a long lead and practice - use high value treats and loads of praise when she comes back. When she's off lead keep calling her back and reward/treat then let her off again.

Advertisement