Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeating a Module

• 03-09-2013 5:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

If a module needs to be repeated to bring QCA above 2.0, need fees be paid? For example, I don't think I've passed on of my repeats, and am currently on Coop. As far as I understand, I will be allowed to continue on with my Coop, but if I fail the repeat (and QCA is below 2.0) I will not be allowed to continue on to third year sem 2. What is the protocol for such a situation?

Can I repeat the module in the first semester of next year (thereby being allowed to progress to year 3 sem 2) on it's own and simply pay registration plus link-in fees? Or must I pay tuition too?

Thanks for your time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭wnolan1992

You'll have to repeat the module if you fail regardless of QCA before you progress. Being above 2.0 doesn't matter.

I'm not 100% sure if you'd be allowed to go into Y3S2 in the Semester after your finish the link-in. In theory you should be able to, so I'd say talk to your Course Director when you get the result to sort it out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

wnolan1992 wrote: »
    You'll have to repeat the module if you fail regardless of QCA before you progress. Being above 2.0 doesn't matter.

I'm not 100% sure if you'd be allowed to go into Y3S2 in the Semester after your finish the link-in. In theory you should be able to, so I'd say talk to your Course Director when you get the result to sort it out.
    I understand that, but as in currently on coop I won't be able to take any classes this semester. Or will I still be able to take a linkin (or two depending on how poorly I've done!) remotely (I am not based in Limerick for coop) and sit the final exam for them at Christmas? And are these link ins limited to c3s?

Thanks for your help.

Bump. I won't get yanked from coop if I haven't got a high enough QCA to be in third year, will I? Because I've already committed to this the past three months (have a place to stay, lease and everything).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

You wont be able to proceed to the next year with a failed exam so I dont think you'll be able to do co-op..

I know people had to repeat just that module on its own when in the same position as you because you cant do a link in when on co op.

garv123 wrote: »
    You wont be able to proceed to the next year with a failed exam so I dont think you'll be able to do co-op..

I know people had to repeat just that module on its own when in the same position as you because you cant do a link in when on co op.
    But I'm already on Coop which is the problem. I will talk to course head and see what can be done thanks.

• Advertisement
Advertisement