Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 & Xbox One Availability in Limerick City

• 03-09-2013 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

Does anybody know whether there are any PS4 or Xbox One consoles available to preorder in and around Limerick city?

I know the chances of actually securing either at this stage are low, but surely there must be some available?

I'm thinking of trying HMV when they reopen, and heard rumours of supermarkets such as Tesco and Argos having consoles available for sale on launch day - anybody know anywhere else that could have preorders still available?

Would the likes of PC World, Currys or Harvey Norman be offering preorders?

If anyone has any info, it would be surely appreciated- considering that the chances of securing these consoles at launch will probably be slim-to-none.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

neo2010 wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Does anybody know whether there are any PS4 or Xbox One consoles available to preorder in and around Limerick city?

I know the chances of actually securing either at this stage are low, but surely there must be some available?

I'm thinking of trying HMV when they reopen, and heard rumours of supermarkets such as Tesco and Argos having consoles available for sale on launch day - anybody know anywhere else that could have preorders still available?

Would the likes of PC World, Currys or Harvey Norman be offering preorders?

If anyone has any info, it would be surely appreciated- considering that the chances of securing these consoles at launch will probably be slim-to-none.

To get one at launch, now, is virtually impossible. HMV its rumoured, have dropped games completely. Harvey Norman might but it could end up being second batch.

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Yeah, I'm hearing the same thing - hopefully, launch systems will be available to buy on Nov 29.

Is there any smaller stores in Limerick that sell game consoles/software other than the big stores like Gamestop or Smyths.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭keelanj69

Xtra Vision have started to take pre orders again but wont garantee it for launch day.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

HMV might be your best option, when they reopen. I'll be taking a look at the one opening in Dublin this weekend, so will ask about it there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Yeah, I'm hearing the same thing - hopefully, launch systems will be available to buy on Nov 29.

Is there any smaller stores in Limerick that sell game consoles/software other than the big stores like Gamestop or Smyths.
    For ps4 youll struggle.
    Gamestop & smyths are both on preorders for third batch.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Anyone know of any decent trade ups for 360s to Ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭neo2010

Hey lads,

Anybody know when HMV in the crescent is opening - heard it's some date next week?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Hey lads,

Anybody know when HMV in the crescent is opening - heard it's some date next week?

Thursday 12th afaik. Sony have stopped pre-orders for the first drop so the chances of getting one on launch day are basically non existent. You're talking christmas or new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

bennyl10 wrote: »
    To get one at launch, now, is virtually impossible. HMV its rumoured, have dropped games completely. Harvey Norman might but it could end up being second batch.

The HMV that opened in Dublin today has a game section, so would imagine the others will also. They had signs up advertising the Xbox One so maybe they will be taking pre orders.

If they are free selling them on launch day, then they will only have a tiny number. I can remember when Virgin Megastore had the launch day for the X box 360 the Limerick branch had only 10 units to free sell and the Cork branch got 15.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭jmch81

Kess73 wrote: »
    The HMV that opened in Dublin today has a game section, so would imagine the others will also. They had signs up advertising the Xbox One so maybe they will be taking pre orders.

If they are free selling them on launch day, then they will only have a tiny number. I can remember when Virgin Megastore had the launch day for the X box 360 the Limerick branch had only 10 units to free sell and the Cork branch got 15.

Yea went in there this evening as well. I asked and they are booked up for the launch day. You can order for the second wave, but they don't know when that will be.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,083 ✭✭✭Jofspring

I've ordered of Microsoftstore.ie.

It doesn't charge you till it's been posted but as of now it is saying it will be sent out for day one delivery and right to your door also so that's another option.

That's may change but it won't bother me too much if I don't get it on the first day as I'll have GTA to keep me occupied on the 360.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

Kess73 wrote: »

I worked in HMV at the time, we only got something like 15 as well, it was a nightmare, we'd take nearly 100 preorders so I had to ring people telling them they wouldn't have one launch day. Didn't think I'd make it to Christmas alive :pac: we did tell people there was no guarantee they'd get one and it was just a name on a list of whenever they were in stock again but did people listen? nope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Dropping this in here.

Amazon Shipped my GTAV yesterday as 1st Class post to Parcel Motel who receive Saturday deliveries. I may actually get this game on Monday before it gets released. Mad Ted.

Advertisement