Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Apple Announces September 10th Event

• 03-09-2013 5:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭

Who didn't see that coming?
    5KqlsBd.jpg?1

The September Event is now confirmed. Likely the public release of iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks. Also the very 'secret' iPhone 5S and the rumoured (and very leaked) iPhone 5C.

The invitation seems to suggest the iPhone 5C colour scheme. But also could relate to the new look iOS 7.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/09/03/apple-announces-its-september-10-iphone-media-event/

As usual the event will kick off at 6pm GMT (Irish Time). It will most likely be live streamed like previous events.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Yay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Holy crap someone just figured out the invite.

http://twitter.com/MichaelSteeber/status/374932934710394881/photo/1

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭conor_ie

Shock horror!! Wasn't expecting that at all!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,986 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Going to stick a Fiver on one of the apple guys saying those two words.

We'll get the usual bull like

"The 5C has so many colours, Its Revolutionary"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,148 ✭✭✭Passenger

Is a fingerprint sensor really expected?! iOS 7 is the only announcement that's getting me all excira and delira.

• Advertisement

I know it won't be until October, but God, I really want a Mac Pro with 4K thunderbolt display.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Now do I go to Belfast again? I'm presuming its the 27th that its released.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

miralize wrote: »
    Now do I go to Belfast again? I'm presuming its the 27th that its released.

Apple have been constantly getting better with the release date schedule. This year there's a possibility Ireland could get it on launch day. For the iPhone 5 we got it 1 week after the US IIRC and this year has no major design changes so they could be well ahead with shipments.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭bop1977

I see they are having an event in china on the 11th as well. Could be a 5s for USA Europe and 5c for china India.

• Advertisement

bop1977 wrote: »
    I see they are having an event in china on the 11th as well. Could be a 5s for USA Europe and 5c for china India.

Doubt it, they'll sell both the 5s and the 5c in the western by the bucket loads.

The event in china will be just a partnership with Chinese carriers etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,679 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

DubDJ wrote: »
    The September Event is now confirmed. Likely the public release of iOS 7 and OS X Mavericks. Also the very 'secret' iPhone 5S and the rumoured (and very leaked) iPhone 5C.

Mavericks will come later. Probably at an iPad/Mac event in October/November. It's most likely been getting the short shrift lately as Apple rushes to finish iOS 7, so there's no way it would be ready.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,309 ✭✭✭✭alastair

Mavericks will come later. Probably at an iPad/Mac event in October/November. It's most likely been getting the short shrift lately as Apple rushes to finish iOS 7, so there's no way it would be ready.

Come on and launch the MacPro already! - my long-suffering mac is starting to die and I've the trust fund set aside for it's replacement.

I thought similar when I first saw it but then the invite wouldbt make sense if they weren't offering the 5C in the US and Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Nah, they'll release them in all countries.

Apple are doing another conference in China as it's a market they're trying really hard to break into, as it's worth billions.

iPhones tend to be much desired in China, but are extremely expensive to buy (often over €1,000 depending on the area) so this is a public face thing I'd imagine.

I don't know, Mavricks is up to Developer Preview 7, and going by online reports, it's really stable and with the latest update it brings some finishing touches like a new Wallpaper Gallery.

Seems to me that OS X is a more stable release than iOS 7 at the moment. The only reason to delay the public release would be to add more of a spotlight to the Mac refresh rumoured for later this year. It could be a situation where they hold off on the iPad version of iOS 7 and Mavricks for an October event to release alongside new Macs and iPads.

I personally think Mavricks will be released this September but suppose only time will tell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

What release date would we be expecting?
    20/21st sepember?

What release date would we be expecting?
    20/21st sepember?

For what exactly? iPhone is rumoured to be released on the 20th. iOS 7 could be a few days before. The two seperate iPhones could have seperate release dates too. Always a possibility.

My guess would be:

iPhone 5C - available immediately.
    iPhone 5S - available to preorder, ships in 7-10 days

Mavericks if mentioned at this event available within 7-10 days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I remember the first few iPhone launches, I was like a kid waiting for Christmas. Now, it's like "meh, new iPhone coming". The fact that this thread, as well as the iPhone 5S/C thread, have so few responses show how hum drum the whole things gotten. I'd love to know what size the equivalent threads for the 3GS & 4 were at this stage.

• Advertisement

I remember the first few iPhone launches, I was like a kid waiting for Christmas. Now, it's like "meh, new iPhone coming". The fact that this thread, as well as the iPhone 5S/C thread, have so few responses show how hum drum the whole things gotten. I'd love to know what size the equivalent threads for the 3GS & 4 were at this stage.

There's also a lot more leaks the last 2 years so that takes away a lot of the conversation and speculation. Other than the iPhone 4 leak of course, but that caused a lot of publicity for the iPhone even before it was released.

How 'deep' are the changes in iOS7, can any hardcore person tell me?

banquo wrote: »

Fundementally it's the same ux wise. there are new ways to do things but it won't be a totally new experience. the notifications might be slightly more useful and the Control Center gives you quick access to settings and useful core apps. aside from that,it's skin deep

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,252 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

banquo wrote: »

I wouldn't say they are deep changes.

It's certainly a more pleasing UI to look at, much more colourful and pleasing to look at and use compared to iOS6 and previous incarnations.

My issue with iOS over the years was how dull it looks compared to other OS's and lack of customization, but even I have to admit that iOS7 looks very nice.

wouldn't say it's just skin deep. they've built full animation engines that run at 60fps that developers can take advantage of, that's a **** load of optimisation.

wouldn't say it's just skin deep. they've built full animation engines that run at 60fps that developers can take advantage of, that's a **** load of optimisation.

Well yes but consumers wont notice the new API changes, animations are just that skin deep etc... What I should have said was that the paradigms of iOS haven't change, its still functions the way you remember it.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

Does anyone think that the new iOS UI looks a little like Android?

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/06/10/that-moment-when-ios7-became-android/

madness98 wrote: »
    Does anyone think that the new iOS UI looks a little like Android?

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/06/10/that-moment-when-ios7-became-android/
    a site called 'droid-life' going to be impartial?

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭madness98

a site called 'droid-life' going to be impartial?

Well the URL was more for the comparison image they have of the two systems side by side, my question was what I asked myself when I first seen iOS 7, and also a comment someone else made to me about it (yes, they were an android user, fair enough).

• Advertisement

iOS has taken designs cues from android and vice versa, t'is no biggy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement